Women's College Hospital
Happiness score is 81 out of 100

Working at Women's College Hospital: Latest Women's College Hospital Reviews

patientenvironmenthardworkingpeoplegoodtimemanagement

Fantastic Place to work and very inclusive

This was a casual position that is the only reason I moved for a full-time position. Had it not been for the casual work hours I would have never left WCH. I still miss my coworkers

Great place with amazing people

Women's College Hospital is a great place to work. Great management and colleagues that work very hard. The hardest part of the job is the stress of the patients. The enjoyable part is the people you see here on the daily.

Insights into Women's College Hospital

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Worst place i've ever worked at

Management is the worst. Very toxic and do not treat their employees well. Hired new staff at a higher pay and gave them all the hours leaving all their staff with 0 shifts. When this was brought up, they just ignored it. HR did not do anything and made the situation worse.

Productive and Fun place to work

I had a great experience working at the COVID Assessment Centre and Mobile Vaccination Clinics. Although, at times the job did feel boring and days were sometimes long, I worked with an awesome team of people - both fellow Clerks, Nurses, Doctors, etc. and management was great too. WCH is a smaller hospital, and it felt very family-oriented, and you feel valued; however, promotions into FT permanent jobs are slow and hard to get. A common trend in many hospitals.

Good

It was a good work environment. My specific position is not necessarily representative of most peoples experience. I did not have any problems with the company.

Excellent Opportunity To Get Your Foot In the Door

Great work culture that is respectful and intelligent.

Supportive team that is organized well and helped me meet the project goals in a timely manner.Good opportunity to learn and develop my research skills.

Low pay, high stress, dependent on lab

Depending on the department you work with, you will be doing the job of 3 people while you aren't paid enough to even live on your own in this city. It's weird to see the signs everywhere about the gender pay gap in the hospital, while the only people who get paid well are upper management and it doesn't matter that you're educated and experienced, you'll be extremely stressed, won't even get your name on publications for your work, and be barely paid above the living minimum for this city. Embarrassing.

I love the people at WCH

I love working at WCH They are friendly they make you feel like your part of the family. Everyone looks out for one another. It is a good place to work.

Pros

It’s a good place to work

Cons

None for me

great place

would recommend! great work/life balance. Ona based hospital. Happy work environment, ambulatory hospital. Though challenging to get a fulltime position

Job security

The contract system is flawed and used inappropriately. Most times the contract workers work harder and for less pay than the permanent employees. Also, it is very hard to transfer from contract to permanent jobs.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Job security

Worked at the Covid Assessment centre and management was very organized and they listened to the staff opnions and concerns. I would come back and work here again.

Always an opportunity to learn new skills

While I worked there I had the opportunity to learn on a daily basis. It's a great place to work with great co workers. Worked with people from all walks of life.

Pros

Caring Staff

Cons

Some RNs feel RPNS don't belong there.

Women's College Hospital is an excellent place to work and build a career

By far ome of the best Hospital to work, management is great, broad spectrum of opportunity advancement to grow your career. I would definitely recommend Women's College Hospital culture is the best, with excellent resources for employees. Great working hours, great increments, and incentives for staff

Pros

Free luncheons, giveaways, prizes and surprises

Nice building, horrible management

The hospital itself is very nice and clean. Hours are usually pretty good. The culture there is very clicky. If you aren’t apart of the group then you have a much harder time at work. Management is awful. Has zero idea what is going on. It’s very much who’s who that gets the job. Lots of gossiping going on.

Pros

Clean hospital, good hours, some staff

Cons

Management, clicky, lots of gossip

Your experience depends on your research team and PI

Fairly collaborative research institute, lots of lunch & learns, some excellent guest speakers. A nice facility to work in - clean, quiet, ample space, no over-crowded offices - although a lack of windows in many offices.

Wonderful

Love it only did my placement there That a place I would love to working trying really hard to get in but with the covid -19 it very difficult to get in loveely people work here

safe place to work

typical day at work did not have a friendly supervisor, he seem judgemental friendly environment overall training was ok provided lockers to keep out things

Effective for continuing good health

Assisted for arranging information sessions regarding women's health. I have learned how to great people, customer service skills, work with management for achieving goal. The hardest part to continue motivate people for follow-up. The most enjoyable part to accompany participants.

Very Good Work place

Its a fast paced environment. Learned lots of process and technologies during the migration of a hug project. The IT Team is very supportive and cooperative.

Great workplace until they laid off half of RNs

I loved working here, though the hospital was intent on replacing RNs with RPNs in our clinic. When they weren't successful, they went for a more expensive model that didn't make any sense to the day-to-day care of patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Women's College Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement