Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Wolseley Canada Inc.
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada153 reviews

Anything to help you through your situations!

Featured review

Wolseley Canada, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I would recommend this place to anyone, the staff is amazing and benefits they have to offer is excellent. Love this place! Always room for advancement in the company and the company helps to get you there!

Pros

Fun working people

Cons

Aucun commentaire

Aucun commentaires, je ne préfère pas commenter et laisser la personne faire sont propre avis.

Great people and a nice place to work

Good people, and safe work environment. Fare wages, with good benefits. Profit sharing and, overtime available. I would have stayed, but I wanted to pursue being a machinist.

Too bad

The work and the co workers are the only things (offer than needing money and benefits) that will keep you sane in this place. Management was run poorly, nepotism, lies and promises unfulfilled. They exploit people with potential with promises (lies) but don't compensate appropriately. If you're still in there, get out. It was the best thing I did.

Customers Were great

The problem is that the management sometimes has little or no experiernce doing that job. He was a great guy but he hired his family and friend and as I was female I felt excluded a lot. The rest of the people I dealt with were good.

bad

I was fired for having epilepsy, management isn't cooperative with doctors appointments. Supervisors are very poorly trained and will often get reprimanded in front of employees and customers.

Management problems.

Found the management culture there to be a "friends and family first" sort of attitude. Close friends and family given better treatment and much less workload and much more leniency, all the while passing over hard working competent employees. Basically passing over highly skilled, motivated people for "drinking buddies" and relatives who were almost useless in their roles. Wolseley has the potential to be a great employer and with the right management could attain a much higher level of quality, customer service, which in turn would drive up profits and overall success. Most higher-ups only interested in maintaining the "status quo". Customer service went down the proverbial drain. The regional managers seem to be fine people, but the problem lies with branch management.

Pros

Great pay and benefits, free lunches and training events.

Cons

Horrible management at branch level.

All decisions come from Ontario and the animosity between West & East is too much.

Days start early and staff is very crass. Management spends little time in the office and customers are super entitled from years of management favoritism. The job was lacking responsibility and supervision but the self management and flexibility was nice.

pays the bills

coworkers are great upper management do not really seem to care about the ones that do all the work bla lba bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla

coworkers very friendly

coworkers very friendly management not so much ... creates an atmosphere of distrust. Work is very doable pay is on the low side. Most employees need a second job to make ends meet

Stable job, good people, decent salary

I love working here, we have so many different divisions, so I talk based on my division (Waterworks). We have amazing people working here knowledgeable people ready to teach, train and help you at any moment. Decent Salary, awesome benefits, good schedule. Over all I would definitely recommend this place. I have worked here for 4 years.

good people questionable work flow

the people who worked there is what made the job worth it. Upper management is great and very understanding. Only down side was constant threat of layoffs with volatile economy and relying heavily on it.

Belle equipe

Avantage sociaux intéressant. Directeur avec une écoute et flexibilité incroyable . Je le recommande

Not recommended to work for present day management

My experience at Wolseley was horrible. Management is terribly scattered and often high stressed. The salary requirements are rather good though. If you can withstand the management then its fine

Good starting pay, stress free organized job duties and friendly environment.

Good starting pay when I worked at Wolseley. The company was very organized when it came to picking orders as a forklift operator. Promotion to another department was a great experience and the training included was valuable. My only complaint was some departments were short on employees but at the time they were still a newly constructed building. All the management was great but getting on the day shift was difficult and/or required a lot of waiting.

Mediocre and backward place

Culture is lagging in this place. Career prospects mostly cover finance and IT teams. Communication sorely needs improvement. Team goals are misaligned.

Hola

Man don’t waste your time it’s basically low payed slavery. The place is unionized and all workers get paid the same regardless of work load or job description.

Workplace is not flexible

Work culture is not flexible. There is no work from home allowed. There are no growth opportunities or promotions. Office environment is not employee friendly

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

11 November 2021
Wolseley has implemented a remote work policy, and is proud to offer flexible working arrangements for many roles. If you are not already working remotely, please speak to your manager about this policy.

Great place to grow your career

Have worked here for over 3 years. Great place with great leadership team and employees. Management dedicated to career development of its employees . Benefits and Salary are competitive. Work life balance and work from home policy are an additional bonus . Employee bonuses and profit sharing available as well.

Not a fun place to be - lot of pressure driven job

Typical day has challenges every other day with something new Whatever I learned was mostly on my own expense, with very few exceptions on reimbursements on some courses Management changes ever three to four years All in their own vicious circle to cope, balance and spend hardest part is to get any good training be it internal or external good part, I was allowed to work remote just for possessing the experience

Good for students

Great place for people fresh out of school to gain experience. Not a long term employer and very shady pay practices. If you like making 20 an hour with pay every 15 days than its for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement