Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Wolseley Canada Inc.
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada154 reviews

Anything to help you through your situations!

Featured review

Wolseley Canada, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I would recommend this place to anyone, the staff is amazing and benefits they have to offer is excellent. Love this place! Always room for advancement in the company and the company helps to get you there!

Pros

Fun working people

Cons

Culture collaborative axée sur les clients et leurs employés

Nouvellement embauché pendant cette pandémie, Woseley a dépassé les attentes en matière de soutien à ses employés et à ses clients. Je suis fier de faire partie du groupe

Pros

Édifice neuf a Laval, télétravail, belle culture d'entreprise

Cons

Rien a noter vraiment

Not a cool place to work

No support from staff, not the right place to work unless you know somebody working in the company. You always feel you are not welcome to the company

Fun, Easy Going, Relaxed but Fast Paced at times overall great place

Knowledgeable staff, mix of both industrial/pipeline valves & fittings, and wholesale plumbing supplies in the same building (separate divisions) but everyone works togetherLots to learn in both side if willing, deal with great customers from all industries: it plumbing/mining/civil/industrial/oil & gas/mills/agriculture etc.Excellent management, very understanding with work & life balance. Can be physically demanding when required but great teamwork & Fun overall workplace.

Pros

Great team, everyone works together, fun

Cons

Can’t think of any

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

17 November 2021
Thanks for sharing this honest review. We hope you will continue to grow your career with Wolseley!

Productive and fun workplace

I like to work there. So kind management. They support you and help you to go through difficulties. You will feel no pressure while you are doing your job correctly.

Pros

Accepted salary, benefits, overtime, friendly environment.

Cons

The salary not increase with experience.

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

17 November 2021
Thanks for your honest review. We hope you will continue to grow your career at Wolseley. If you have any feedback directly related to your role, we encourage you to contact your manager.

Change Management In place NOT the Company it was

Sadly Change in Upper Management has created a poor culture where everyone HAD a voice but now fear of reprisals or being marked reign... Fear culture . It WAS a great place to work but that mentorship is no longer present. Sales used to be king but with Change Management, product is not available, pressure cooker environment these days where people who used to care , shrug and go oh well. It was a great place to work , I had a great career but things have changed . Choose Wisely.

Great Interview Process

The hiring process was very quick and the HR department was vey responsive to questions or concerns. I received an offer after a couple rounds of interviews. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and eager to help me out with any questions and concerns. Really liked the family atmosphere of the company.

Pros

Remote, benefits after three months, flexibility

High pressure environment

Overall not too bad of place to work for but definitely geared towards the plumbing division more than other divisions. Communication from top down is on a need to know basis which can be a plus and a minus.

Pros

Free pop/water cooler

Cons

Some coworkers are not team players.

Poor place to work

Severely overworked and wage was pathetic.No incentives or extras given to employees. 9 hour work day with no time to take a break or have lunch. All about the Corporate headquarters and Management. Profit is all that matters to this company, all at the cost of it’s underpaid employees.

Pros

Cons

Long hours heavy work underpaid.

Horrible not a good place to work

Just a revolving door of employeesOnly management is looked afterEvery week somebody is let go no sense of importance or the company caring about their employees

Pros

Not much

Cons

Only management matters

Poor pay, long hours

Most Inside sales positions in the mechanical industry pay incredibly poorly. Wolseley is no exception. 9 hour days with a hour unpaid lunch, high turnover rate.

Pros

Friendly staff, decent training

Cons

9 hour day, pay

Horrible place to work for

Over worked and under paid, dont care about any feedback and often put in bad books when you do. Warehouse had 2 people and expected to do everything including stocking displays receiving shipping and unloading, horrible place and terribly unorganized with 0 direction from management

Pros

7-4 which was nice

Cons

Cliquey, overworked, expected to do everything while others slack

Overworked under paid

Worked here for 4 months in the warehouse I was hired as Forklift operator with "some" order picking duties. That was a lie. Also I was told I'd be hired on full time multiple times, that was a lie and that I was a great worker haha! Its all smoke and mirrors. Usually there was 2-3 employees working in the warehouse before me but because of "cut backs " it was just myself there doing order picks , shipping receiving , cleaning etc etc ...Extremely busy for one individual and oh yeah when the job advertisement states heavy lifting up to 75 lbs thats not true . You regularly have to lift 75 + pounds multiple times a day ! its actually crazy for what they pay you . Very poor management as well . Think twice before becoming the next victim of Wolseley.

Pros

Monday to Friday, weekends off

Cons

Poor management, over worked, underpaid

Unappreciative of your efforts

Worked at Wolseley for over 10 years, at least 10 years too long. Managers were just salesmen who got promoted and never had experience managing people. I worked hard to learn as much as possible and move up until I was paid well, but was punted as soon as the economy dipped. The lesson being keep your head down, keep your mouth shut, forget ambition, kiss backsides, and you’ll go far in this company! They did however treat me better firing me than they ever did employing me!

Pros

Cons

Little to no reward for hard work

Great if you are desperate...

If you need a job, apply, but keep looking! HR doesn’t care and are quite clueless, leading to a lot of discrimination. As others have said, management, if you can call it that, is horrible. The company prides themselves on valuing employees but it is quite the opposite.

Pros

Decent Pay, Work from home options

Cons

Horrible Management, Discrimination

Much better companies out there

If you are in management the compensation is fairly good, however entry level positions are treated as replaceable assets and paid poorly. Co workers are generally great, however upper management seems to have no problem walking over people to ensure their own success.

Pros

Pension plan, health benefits, bonus.

Cons

Management, management, management.

Disaster

I’ve never witnessed a company more than Wolseley persistent at treating their staff terribly along with extremely bad sales choices. Management on all levels seems to be incapable.

Pros

Clean

Cons

Badly managed from head office down.

Systematic Racism/ discrimination if you have children.

Hours are long little to know compensation.Co workers are good people. There is no room for advancement. If you have children they TELL you straight you will not get into management. There is racial inequality. No person of colour in any high position. Supervisor was a visible minority and was constantly openly disrespected left out of meetings.

Pros

Always busy

Cons

Everything else

Management only cares about profit

20 years of service, millions of dollars in pure profit, no raises ever not even cost of living, only acknowledged when you make a mistake, managers that ignore staff requests and have no idea how to manage people they would rather ignore you and work you to death for minimal wages. This is a high stress environment with no praise and they fired all the people that got this company where it is today. I highly recommend you do not work for this company

Pros

Cons

Management, wages, work environment

No More Stress

New management brought in nearly a year ago are awesome at reading and creating spreadsheets, but know absolutely diddly squat about the products sold, or the customers. I wish them well, while they have turned the ship upside down. Hopefully they'll realize the over 400 years of experience they got rid of across Canada, may not have been such a great idea. The best part about the company, were the people I worked with directly

Pros

Life Balance and the benefits

Cons

Just a number in a global company, no matter what THEY say

heading down a bad path

see review summery. company was once a place i was proud to work. now they are cleaning out all of their experience and bringing in people who treat the staff like a number and not like human beings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement