Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Happiness score is 43 out of 100
View all Wolseley Canada, Inc. reviews

Wolseley Canada, Inc.

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Review

Low pay, unreasonable management expectations.

The branch manager came to our branch from another branch and turned the entire operation on its head.Rude, unprofessional manager combined with having to do the work of three people made this job stressful and not worth the amount of money being offered. It was a heating and air condition supply company for contractors. Their biggest customer was reliance and we would have to take care of those orders as well as walk in customer's as well as having to ship individual parts by courier and having to supply pallets of stock for every store in Ontario. Mind you, all of this is out of a branch and not out of a distribution centre like a normal company would do.They have a DC but our branch was responsible for also supplying other branches. Just a non-stop mess with a manager that has no business running any business. Maybe a better idea to work at the distribution centre if possible but I would avoid anything to do with their individual branches.

Pros

You get your birthday off.

Cons

Arrogant management, low pay.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Great co-workers and management

I worked as a warehouse associate for my summer job, and it was enjoyable. I got to learn about being a warehouse associate, had an 8 hour shift, and over-time pay as well. Management is great, and they always prioritize safety over everything. I hope to work here again in the future.

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

27 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. Safety is important to us and our core values. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience and we hope to see you return this summer.
Same role

Good place to work and learn about the industry.

Productive and often fast paced environment. Overall good working conditions and good shift hours and weekends off. Knowledge of the plumbing and heating industry would be an asset but you’ll learn a lot on the job.

Pros

Weekends off
Same location

Worst place to work

No support... the Branch area manager will give you answers that may outrage you like " it's not my job". Or "figure it out". If you want to come home angry and stressed everyday due to management wolseley is the place to go. We are just a number to this company which is why all the good people are leaving. The problem is the higher ups have no idea what they are doing and they got into there position because they know someone high up. It's all politics they expect you to purchase, fix pricing work Saturdays...they only pay twice a month as well..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Wolseley Canada, Inc. with

• Wolseley Canada, Inc.
  • Low pay, unreasonable management expectations.