Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Wolseley Canada Inc.
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada153 reviews

Anything to help you through your situations!

Featured review

Wolseley Canada, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I would recommend this place to anyone, the staff is amazing and benefits they have to offer is excellent. Love this place! Always room for advancement in the company and the company helps to get you there!

Pros

Fun working people

Cons

Atmosphere is bad. No one is happy working there

Good advantages but that’s all. Administration is lost…they seem to have no clue how to resolve problems… and they expect every new employee to be fully competent and autonomous after a few hours of training. They do not respect seniority in advancement.

Insights into Wolseley Canada, Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Worst place to work

No support... the Branch area manager will give you answers that may outrage you like " it's not my job". Or "figure it out". If you want to come home angry and stressed everyday due to management wolseley is the place to go. We are just a number to this company which is why all the good people are leaving. The problem is the higher ups have no idea what they are doing and they got into there position because they know someone high up. It's all politics they expect you to purchase, fix pricing work Saturdays...they only pay twice a month as well..

Productive and satisfying place to work

Very customer and sales oriented, building customer relationships is key for success in the area you work. Good support from management but the sales process is often challenged with supply chain issues.

If you aren't in the in-group you're out

One of their operating system is from the 1980s... warehouse manager hired as friends and got rid of all the good stuff that were there before he showed up. Other companies are coming in and taking the good employees...

Pros

Nothing that I can remember

Cons

Management played favourites. Operating system as400 from the 1980s

Great co-workers and management

I worked as a warehouse associate for my summer job, and it was enjoyable. I got to learn about being a warehouse associate, had an 8 hour shift, and over-time pay as well. Management is great, and they always prioritize safety over everything. I hope to work here again in the future.

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

27 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. Safety is important to us and our core values. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience and we hope to see you return this summer.

Do NOT work here

No work life balance. Grossly under paid in the industry. Anything you read that says anything positive is a lie. Mice, poor working conditions, nobody is happy. Nobody. Supplies are lacking. Chairs are old and damaged. Grossly under staffed. Reps are leaving. Co-workers are good people. No room for advancement .

Environnement de travail correct

Environnement de travail correct, bonne ambiance des collegues

Really enjoy my job

I have been with Wolseley Industrial Canada for nine years now, and I really enjoy the work and the people I work with. I have worked for a few companies in my lifetime, but I really believe this is probably the best company I have ever worked for. At the time of writing this review, three years ago I was diagnosed with stage three colon cancer. I had already been with the company for six years. The management gave me so much amazing support, incredible. Most companies would have wished me luck and hired someone else to do the job. Here at Wolseley, I was told that when I was ready, my job will always here for me to return to. Not too many companies will do this! I really enjoy my job here at Wolseley Industrial Canada. I am very grateful to Wolseley Canada for fully supporting me, through my six months of chemotherapy, twenty-eight sessions of radiation and four surgical procedures. I returned to work after fourteen months. Three years later, I am now 100% cancer free and still enjoying my job.

Pros

Manager is very patient, thoughtful and kind

Cons

Can't think of any.

Started out great but after a few years

It was a great place to work for the first 6 years I worked there and then there was a management change and then almost immediately a union came in an destroyed what had been a pleasant and supportive workplace. Top end wages weren't good.

Pros

Monthly lunches and yearly family events

Cons

Food workers union. Low top end wages

Good place to work and learn about the industry.

Productive and often fast paced environment. Overall good working conditions and good shift hours and weekends off. Knowledge of the plumbing and heating industry would be an asset but you’ll learn a lot on the job.

Pros

Weekends off

Insurance package is the best thing about wotking there.

If you enjoy being a number and working for a corrupt company, Wolseley is the place for you! They will never put an employee before a customer. There are so many "clicks", and they pick and choose who gets better treatment, no matter how hard you try to prove yourself.

Pros

Employees discounts and insurance

Cons

Long hours and no advancement

Very dirty and unsafe environment to work in.

Lack of leadership. Upper management not ready to make changes. Counter guys work really hard with no recognition. Outside sales reps don’t take any phone calls. Always hear not my job. No team work.

Pros

Some very helpful employees.

Cons

Too many to list here.

Good company

Good company, good benefits, friendly people. Was given opportunity to take training at different vendors. Company provided branded clothing discounts. I enjoyed dealing with the customers.

Pros

Broad product line

Cons

Management changes

Productive and exiting place to work at. Collaborative environment with supportive management. Would highly recommend joining their teams.

Excellent organizational skills , knowledgeable coworkers , supportive management, excellent guest speakers, good work-life balance, nice and enjoyable holidays preparations and employees participation.

Its an ok place to wk.

As a deliver truck driver there equipment forklifts were decent to operate and the staff were helpful. Just be safe, pay attention, and always be fair and patient with customers.

Steady income and no shortage of work.

This is one of the best warehouses i've work at. They took me in with little warehousing experience, got full forklift training and the people i work with are always there to help me. The work is pretty basic, the place is kept clean, and there is no shortage of work.

Pros

Birthday day off, monthly gift cards, steady pay and good Management.

Cons

Some lifting required, working at heights.

Opportunities are there

The work isnt too bad overall, mostly picking orders on a cherry picker. Leeds and trainers and supervisers are helpful. Lots of advancement if you show up and work. working nights now and tryin to get to days. gifts cards each month. good coworkers and overtime.

Pros

gift cards and lunches

Cons

some heavy lifting

Fast paced, collaborative environment

Wolseley has been a great place to collaborate and share new ideas. I have support and autonomy from my leader and appreciate the effort made by my colleagues to help me learn and succeed.The company is growing so there are many changes and improvements taking place. The business makes changes and investments based on constructive feedback received.Leadership is approachable and supportive.

Pros

Bonuses, Training opportunities

Cons

Change, many processes still in development

The place is dirty and there are a lot of safety hazards

Surrey branch is the worst managed branch. It is so unorganized that it takes an hour to find printed orders. The manager does not care that the place is so dirty.

Pros

Cons

One of the most unorganized places to work.

Culture collaborative axée sur les clients et leurs employés

Nouvellement embauché pendant cette pandémie, Woseley a dépassé les attentes en matière de soutien à ses employés et à ses clients. Je suis fier de faire partie du groupe

Pros

Édifice neuf a Laval, télétravail, belle culture d'entreprise

Cons

Rien a noter vraiment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement