Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Happiness score is 43 out of 100

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Reviews for Inside Sales Representative

Inside Sales Representative14 reviews
Canada14 reviews

Very dirty and unsafe environment to work in.

Lack of leadership. Upper management not ready to make changes. Counter guys work really hard with no recognition. Outside sales reps don’t take any phone calls. Always hear not my job. No team work.

Pros

Some very helpful employees.

Cons

Too many to list here.

Insurance package is the best thing about wotking there.

If you enjoy being a number and working for a corrupt company, Wolseley is the place for you! They will never put an employee before a customer. There are so many "clicks", and they pick and choose who gets better treatment, no matter how hard you try to prove yourself.

Pros

Employees discounts and insurance

Cons

Long hours and no advancement

Insights into Wolseley Canada, Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

High pressure environment

Overall not too bad of place to work for but definitely geared towards the plumbing division more than other divisions. Communication from top down is on a need to know basis which can be a plus and a minus.

Pros

Free pop/water cooler

Cons

Some coworkers are not team players.

Poor pay, long hours

Most Inside sales positions in the mechanical industry pay incredibly poorly. Wolseley is no exception. 9 hour days with a hour unpaid lunch, high turnover rate.

Pros

Friendly staff, decent training

Cons

9 hour day, pay

Unappreciative of your efforts

Worked at Wolseley for over 10 years, at least 10 years too long. Managers were just salesmen who got promoted and never had experience managing people. I worked hard to learn as much as possible and move up until I was paid well, but was punted as soon as the economy dipped. The lesson being keep your head down, keep your mouth shut, forget ambition, kiss backsides, and you’ll go far in this company! They did however treat me better firing me than they ever did employing me!

Pros

Cons

Little to no reward for hard work

Disaster

I’ve never witnessed a company more than Wolseley persistent at treating their staff terribly along with extremely bad sales choices. Management on all levels seems to be incapable.

Pros

Clean

Cons

Badly managed from head office down.

Customers Were great

The problem is that the management sometimes has little or no experiernce doing that job. He was a great guy but he hired his family and friend and as I was female I felt excluded a lot. The rest of the people I dealt with were good.

Not much hvac, mostly plumbing

Lack of training, you need to belong to the clique with management to get any respect. Managers are like slobs. It's like putting lipstick on a pig. No organization when moving two branches together. It's like backing a dump truck up and dumping everything into a pile. Always taking counter staff from branch and sending them to other branches so that would leave so called flagship branch short staffed. Co workers were good, management terrible, should have been captain of the the Titanic and then they still couldn't sink it properly.

Productive and good place to work

Standard inside sales position quoting and providing technical assistance to customers. Co-workers and direct management are fantastic to work with. Good overall culture.

Customers are the Best

Fun place to work most days. Customers were more like friends than customers, but still able to maintain a professional atmosphere. Love that the staff knew each other by name, didn't feel like just a number like some other companies.

Productive and fast paced environment

This is a good place to gain experience, gain knowledge and apply your skills. Education is available when time permitting which benefits all parties involved. Management can be an obstacle with regards to advancement and ability to relocate is a definite asset.

Pros

Reasonable hours, education programs

Cons

Limited opportunity for advancement without relocating

Horrible place to work

What I thought was a good company to work for turned out to be not true. Wolseley is one of the worst companies I have worked for. They asked their employees to jump over the moon without giving them anything in return. Management is not helpful at all and does not give you answers to questions regarding job security. Overall do not work for this company, there are far better options out there.

Pros

Weekends off and vacation

Cons

Everthing

Review

No formal training, thrown to the wolves in a sink or swim atmosphere. Was laid off due to lack of work, and months later I see my old position posted. I was promoted quickly, duties and responsibilities grew as my pay was never recalculated to such changes. I worked with one other employee that was not very motivated and the majority of the work fell onto my shoulders and if things got forgotten or went undone I would be to blame, not the guy watching movies and napping all day..... the only reason management got 3 stars is because the manager that is retiring is AMAZING! He was very honest about the short comings of the day to day operations, and he was appreciative of my accomplishments and very fair to sit down and discuss my shortcomings. The manager hired to replace the amazing manager was pompous and very sexist. If the 4 of us would start a conversation, the manager in training would completely ignore all of my input, or become outright rude and belittle me into not being a part of their conversation. The lazy co worker was only kept for the fact he has personal connections to a high priority customer, and that he had been there for almost 5 years. My amazing manager was torn between productive employee and guy with connections, and being there only a few short months I was let go for the off season. No job stability whatsoever. Although I learnt alot of positive skills from this job, I also learnt that working hard got you no where and it was a hard pill to swallow.

Pros

Great manager

Cons

Great manager leaving for retirement

Decent place to work

A typical day at work is at the counter serving people. I find I do mostly what I am not training to do and would like to have something more in the HVAC refrigeration field

Pros

7-4 shift

Cons

on your feet all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement