Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Reviews in Milton, ON

Milton, ON8 reviews

3.0Pay & benefits

Started out great but after a few years

It was a great place to work for the first 6 years I worked there and then there was a management change and then almost immediately a union came in an destroyed what had been a pleasant and supportive workplace. Top end wages weren't good.

Pros

Monthly lunches and yearly family events

Cons

Food workers union. Low top end wages

Steady income and no shortage of work.

This is one of the best warehouses i've work at. They took me in with little warehousing experience, got full forklift training and the people i work with are always there to help me. The work is pretty basic, the place is kept clean, and there is no shortage of work.

Pros

Birthday day off, monthly gift cards, steady pay and good Management.

Cons

Some lifting required, working at heights.

Opportunities are there

The work isnt too bad overall, mostly picking orders on a cherry picker. Leeds and trainers and supervisers are helpful. Lots of advancement if you show up and work. working nights now and tryin to get to days. gifts cards each month. good coworkers and overtime.

Pros

gift cards and lunches

Cons

some heavy lifting

Good starting pay, stress free organized job duties and friendly environment.

Good starting pay when I worked at Wolseley. The company was very organized when it came to picking orders as a forklift operator. Promotion to another department was a great experience and the training included was valuable. My only complaint was some departments were short on employees but at the time they were still a newly constructed building. All the management was great but getting on the day shift was difficult and/or required a lot of waiting.

Hola

Man don’t waste your time it’s basically low payed slavery. The place is unionized and all workers get paid the same regardless of work load or job description.

Fun but not motivating place to work

Management is the biggest problem. Human Rights department is a pretty much useless as there no one on site 24hours. Work is heavy and fast pace but the people make it a okay place to work.

Pros

CP24 news on TV in break room

Cons

Always hiring, cause people always leave

Impossible Quota's

Company sets quota's that are too high to meet. They want you to work as fast as possible and make no mistakes. Logically it is impossible to have both, as the faster you go the more mistakes you will make. If want overtime work it goes by seniority so new employees never get to work when they want. Lots of employee turnover, for every 10 people they hire, only 1 or 2 remain after 3 months. Supervisors are not very friendly, probably because they know they will have to terminate you in a few months.

Pros

Free food once per month, good co-workers

Cons

Lots of employee turnover

Good Workplace, customer service and knowledge is key!

A typical day at work includes me opening the store at 6am, and serving customers over the phone and walk-ins. This job has required me to expand my knowledge on plumbing supplies, including fixtures, pipes, tools, and other products. Amazing co-workers who are there to assist you if needed. The hardest part of the job would be knowing how to answer the questions I am asked on a daily basis of what I would "recommend" for certain jobs, and situations that may arise when people are looking for supplies. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the customer interaction component, getting to talk to people and interact with plumbers, allowing me to gain new knowledge from them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement