Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Wolseley Canada Inc.
Happiness score is 41 out of 100

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB17 reviews

Much better companies out there

If you are in management the compensation is fairly good, however entry level positions are treated as replaceable assets and paid poorly. Co workers are generally great, however upper management seems to have no problem walking over people to ensure their own success.

Pros

Pension plan, health benefits, bonus.

Cons

Management, management, management.

Great co-workers and management

I worked as a warehouse associate for my summer job, and it was enjoyable. I got to learn about being a warehouse associate, had an 8 hour shift, and over-time pay as well. Management is great, and they always prioritize safety over everything. I hope to work here again in the future.

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

27 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review. Safety is important to us and our core values. We are glad to hear you had a positive experience and we hope to see you return this summer.

Insights into Wolseley Canada, Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Horrible not a good place to work

Just a revolving door of employeesOnly management is looked afterEvery week somebody is let go no sense of importance or the company caring about their employees

Pros

Not much

Cons

Only management matters

coworkers very friendly

coworkers very friendly management not so much ... creates an atmosphere of distrust. Work is very doable pay is on the low side. Most employees need a second job to make ends meet

good people questionable work flow

the people who worked there is what made the job worth it. Upper management is great and very understanding. Only down side was constant threat of layoffs with volatile economy and relying heavily on it.

Great ground-floor people, big disconnect between admin/management and ground-floor workers

There's a lot of talk about people moving on to other departments, but if you're the best at what you're doing and nobody else can stay employed in your department long enough to replace you: you're not going anywhere. Management tries to find potential in ground-floor workers, and is always pushing for people to try their best by promising advancements -- but there are only so many "better" positions within the company. Sales seems to be where most people in ground-floor positions want to end up, but once again: only so many positions need to be filled and competition to move up (or even between departments) is fierce. More than a few people have told Upper Management (to their face) that they don't view their jobs as their long-term goals and that they see no room for advancement, and Upper Management would just sigh, shrug and nod (as if to say "Yeah, it is what it is"). The hardest part of Inventory Control is getting used to what seems to be a lack of common sense from other departments. But then again: if people did their job properly, there wouldn't be a need for so many Inventory Control Clerks in the first place. If you speak up against a Manager: expect to be put under a microscope and have yourself fired inside of 6 months -- and they will use *anything* against you. This one person had a child and (even though it was illegal to punish someone for taking time off of work when it was to look after a child) they started writing this person up for missing work due to medical appointments this person's child had to attend. They said this person had used -

Pros

Great Co-Workers, a lot of knowledge being shared by the department leaders. Always something new to do or learn.

Cons

No pay raises, not a lot of room for advancement in most cases, HR seems to favor upper management over front-line workers.

Very good company to work for, great work environment. Management genuinely cares about their staff, very welcoming staff. Hours are good, with occasional opportunities for over time.

Pros

Relaxed work environment

Cons

Productive and occassionally offer extended breaks

fun place to work, everyone was respectful towards everyone, management asked for feedback, regularly checked in on the warehouse members, made sure everyone was feeling okay

Not worth it

*Supervisor expects immediate results without proper training period. *Poor communication & support from management. *Disorganized chaos, last minute rush. *Poor archaic inventory recording, labeling and tracking resulting in disorganized stock piling of crates, depleted shelves. *Time wasted searching for supply of orders. *Un-supportive, incompetent local HR department. *Quick to cast blame without investigating. **Backstabbing, frail, holier-than-thou, thin-skinned front office co- worker. *Continuous failing of IT.

Pros

8-5 work, 1.5 hour break period, free coffee, coveralls

Cons

Backstabbing BS

Poor working conditions

Never worked at a place before that made you go through safety regulations first before doing HR payroll forms. Took them 4 days to approach with payroll forms. Co-workers were good to work with. For a plumbing supplier to not hire tradesman is very different, guess the hourly pay reflects that. High turnover rate of employees below the management level should tell a company to not be so cheap.

Pros

Hours of work

Cons

Everything else

Productive and good place to work

Standard inside sales position quoting and providing technical assistance to customers. Co-workers and direct management are fantastic to work with. Good overall culture.

stressful

worked in order selecting/shipping, very stressful place to work it is a kind of do as I say not do as I do kind of place to work will get along great of you are a friend of the 2 kids running the floor

Pros

co workers

Cons

managment

Great people and great job

I learnt a lot in receiving and shipping everyday you learnt something new. The. Greatest enjoyment with the job we're the staff I worked with you couldn't have a better team as what we had.

Great workplace with amazing individuals.

I have worked for Wolseley for many years. They have taught me many things in my years there and I couldn't have asked for a better opportunity. I am happy I was able to experience those years with them.

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Their business was impacted by the horrible economy ultimately leading to layoffs.

good place

as long as you keep busy, the place is fun to work at. there is always something new to learn everyday. good working environmet

Document Control /Inside Sales Support

As a Document Control /Inside Sales Support I was responsible for shipments, preparation of shipping documents, packing slips, coordinating clients concerning shipments. Data entry all incoming Material Test Report in the Metal trace application. Assists in the annual inventory, reviewing documents in preparation for the final submission of the data. Other duties like filing, scanning, email, photocopying as required. I was laid off last year January due to the recession and the oil and gas crisis as our main project was shutdown in Fort Mcmurray. Overall they are good, management was OK, the people were friendly.

Awesome place to work, lots of staff outings

I would work at the sales counter, taking plumbers orders and picking them from the back. I learned about every plumbing product from residential to commercial to industrial. Management was amazing they were there when u needed them and listened to any thing u may have brought to there attention for example products being in the wrong location. The hardest part of this job was learning the codes for products to punch into the computer. I enjoyed the experience from dealing with each plumbers needs and being able to find a cost effective way to help them out.

Pros

benifits, lunch and learns and greats staff.

Cons

pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement