Wolseley Canada, Inc.
Wolseley Canada Inc.
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Reviews

Insights into Wolseley Canada, Inc.

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Anything to help you through your situations!

Featured review

Wolseley Canada, Inc. selected this as a representative review
I would recommend this place to anyone, the staff is amazing and benefits they have to offer is excellent. Love this place! Always room for advancement in the company and the company helps to get you there!

Pros

Fun working people

Its an ok place to wk.

As a deliver truck driver there equipment forklifts were decent to operate and the staff were helpful. Just be safe, pay attention, and always be fair and patient with customers.

Steady income and no shortage of work.

This is one of the best warehouses i've work at. They took me in with little warehousing experience, got full forklift training and the people i work with are always there to help me. The work is pretty basic, the place is kept clean, and there is no shortage of work.

Pros

Birthday day off, monthly gift cards, steady pay and good Management.

Cons

Some lifting required, working at heights.

Opportunities are there

The work isnt too bad overall, mostly picking orders on a cherry picker. Leeds and trainers and supervisers are helpful. Lots of advancement if you show up and work. working nights now and tryin to get to days. gifts cards each month. good coworkers and overtime.

Pros

gift cards and lunches

Cons

some heavy lifting

Fast paced, collaborative environment

Wolseley has been a great place to collaborate and share new ideas. I have support and autonomy from my leader and appreciate the effort made by my colleagues to help me learn and succeed.The company is growing so there are many changes and improvements taking place. The business makes changes and investments based on constructive feedback received.Leadership is approachable and supportive.

Pros

Bonuses, Training opportunities

Cons

Change, many processes still in development

The place is dirty and there are a lot of safety hazards

Surrey branch is the worst managed branch. It is so unorganized that it takes an hour to find printed orders. The manager does not care that the place is so dirty.

Pros

Cons

One of the most unorganized places to work.

Stay away

Abusive management, toxic work environment, the turnover is insane, at least 5 new hires a week and most just stay for the free forklift training get the certification and leave for a better job. you will not advance unless you are tight with management, over all a very ad place to work. Stay away if you're smart, many better positions available out there.

Pros

paid forklift certification training

Cons

everything else

Culture collaborative axée sur les clients et leurs employés

Nouvellement embauché pendant cette pandémie, Woseley a dépassé les attentes en matière de soutien à ses employés et à ses clients. Je suis fier de faire partie du groupe

Pros

Édifice neuf a Laval, télétravail, belle culture d'entreprise

Cons

Rien a noter vraiment

Not a cool place to work

No support from staff, not the right place to work unless you know somebody working in the company. You always feel you are not welcome to the company

Fun, Easy Going, Relaxed but Fast Paced at times overall great place

Knowledgeable staff, mix of both industrial/pipeline valves & fittings, and wholesale plumbing supplies in the same building (separate divisions) but everyone works togetherLots to learn in both side if willing, deal with great customers from all industries: it plumbing/mining/civil/industrial/oil & gas/mills/agriculture etc.Excellent management, very understanding with work & life balance. Can be physically demanding when required but great teamwork & Fun overall workplace.

Pros

Great team, everyone works together, fun

Cons

Can’t think of any

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

17 November 2021
Thanks for sharing this honest review. We hope you will continue to grow your career with Wolseley!

Productive and fun workplace

I like to work there. So kind management. They support you and help you to go through difficulties. You will feel no pressure while you are doing your job correctly.

Pros

Accepted salary, benefits, overtime, friendly environment.

Cons

The salary not increase with experience.

Official response from Wolseley Canada, Inc.

17 November 2021
Thanks for your honest review. We hope you will continue to grow your career at Wolseley. If you have any feedback directly related to your role, we encourage you to contact your manager.

Change Management In place NOT the Company it was

Sadly Change in Upper Management has created a poor culture where everyone HAD a voice but now fear of reprisals or being marked reign... Fear culture . It WAS a great place to work but that mentorship is no longer present. Sales used to be king but with Change Management, product is not available, pressure cooker environment these days where people who used to care , shrug and go oh well. It was a great place to work , I had a great career but things have changed . Choose Wisely.

Great Interview Process

The hiring process was very quick and the HR department was vey responsive to questions or concerns. I received an offer after a couple rounds of interviews. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and eager to help me out with any questions and concerns. Really liked the family atmosphere of the company.

Pros

Remote, benefits after three months, flexibility

High pressure environment

Overall not too bad of place to work for but definitely geared towards the plumbing division more than other divisions. Communication from top down is on a need to know basis which can be a plus and a minus.

Pros

Free pop/water cooler

Cons

Some coworkers are not team players.

Poor place to work

Severely overworked and wage was pathetic.No incentives or extras given to employees. 9 hour work day with no time to take a break or have lunch. All about the Corporate headquarters and Management. Profit is all that matters to this company, all at the cost of it’s underpaid employees.

Pros

Cons

Long hours heavy work underpaid.

Horrible not a good place to work

Just a revolving door of employeesOnly management is looked afterEvery week somebody is let go no sense of importance or the company caring about their employees

Pros

Not much

Cons

Only management matters

This Company sucks

- Back stabber employees especially in the office area. The Accountant is the evil back stabber there.- The person the in receiving office, a very rude, curses alot. Creates a hostile environment.- The person in Actuation, is rude. - poor inventory- poor shelving and warehousing. - you are being questioned when taking breaks.

Poor pay, long hours

Most Inside sales positions in the mechanical industry pay incredibly poorly. Wolseley is no exception. 9 hour days with a hour unpaid lunch, high turnover rate.

Pros

Friendly staff, decent training

Cons

9 hour day, pay

Horrible place to work for

Over worked and under paid, dont care about any feedback and often put in bad books when you do. Warehouse had 2 people and expected to do everything including stocking displays receiving shipping and unloading, horrible place and terribly unorganized with 0 direction from management

Pros

7-4 which was nice

Cons

Cliquey, overworked, expected to do everything while others slack

Overworked under paid

Worked here for 4 months in the warehouse I was hired as Forklift operator with "some" order picking duties. That was a lie. Also I was told I'd be hired on full time multiple times, that was a lie and that I was a great worker haha! Its all smoke and mirrors. Usually there was 2-3 employees working in the warehouse before me but because of "cut backs " it was just myself there doing order picks , shipping receiving , cleaning etc etc ...Extremely busy for one individual and oh yeah when the job advertisement states heavy lifting up to 75 lbs thats not true . You regularly have to lift 75 + pounds multiple times a day ! its actually crazy for what they pay you . Very poor management as well . Think twice before becoming the next victim of Wolseley.

Pros

Monday to Friday, weekends off

Cons

Poor management, over worked, underpaid

Unappreciative of your efforts

Worked at Wolseley for over 10 years, at least 10 years too long. Managers were just salesmen who got promoted and never had experience managing people. I worked hard to learn as much as possible and move up until I was paid well, but was punted as soon as the economy dipped. The lesson being keep your head down, keep your mouth shut, forget ambition, kiss backsides, and you’ll go far in this company! They did however treat me better firing me than they ever did employing me!

Pros

Cons

Little to no reward for hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement