Wolseley Canada, Inc.
View all Wolseley Canada, Inc. reviews

Wolseley Canada, Inc.

Wolseley Canada, Inc. Employee Review

Poor place to work

Severely overworked and wage was pathetic.No incentives or extras given to employees. 9 hour work day with no time to take a break or have lunch. All about the Corporate headquarters and Management. Profit is all that matters to this company, all at the cost of it’s underpaid employees.

Pros

Cons

Long hours heavy work underpaid.

1.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

If you aren't in the in-group you're out

One of their operating system is from the 1980s... warehouse manager hired as friends and got rid of all the good stuff that were there before he showed up. Other companies are coming in and taking the good employees...

Pros

Nothing that I can remember

Cons

Management played favourites. Operating system as400 from the 1980s

Really enjoy my job

I have been with Wolseley Industrial Canada for nine years now, and I really enjoy the work and the people I work with. I have worked for a few companies in my lifetime, but I really believe this is probably the best company I have ever worked for. At the time of writing this review, three years ago I was diagnosed with stage three colon cancer. I had already been with the company for six years. The management gave me so much amazing support, incredible. Most companies would have wished me luck and hired someone else to do the job. Here at Wolseley, I was told that when I was ready, my job will always here for me to return to. Not too many companies will do this! I really enjoy my job here at Wolseley Industrial Canada. I am very grateful to Wolseley Canada for fully supporting me, through my six months of chemotherapy, twenty-eight sessions of radiation and four surgical procedures. I returned to work after fourteen months. Three years later, I am now 100% cancer free and still enjoying my job.

Pros

Manager is very patient, thoughtful and kind

Cons

Can't think of any.
Same role

Not recommended to work for present day management

My experience at Wolseley was horrible. Management is terribly scattered and often high stressed. The salary requirements are rather good though. If you can withstand the management then its fine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wolseley Canada, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement