Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen

Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen Employee Reviews

Canada45 reviews
Fun place andhigh energy staff, great work experienc e but its not a career.
it was fast past and high energy staff, great work experience but its not a career the management was fantastic at the time i worked there. i would recommend to someone between the ages of 17-22
Strong believer in punctuality, productivity, and team work. Eager to take new challenges , a great problem solver.Adaptable and can work well with te
Strong believer in punctuality, productivity, and team work.
Eager to take new challenges , a great problem solver.Adaptable and can work well with technology.
The work is okay
The work is okay and amazing. The place feels like a family and will band like brothers. I am happy to have the pleasure to work at such establishment.
Fun and friendly workplace
I mostly prep ingredients for food and wash dishes. During lunchtime, which is the busiest part of a day, I take charge to be a cashier. I also organize and restock any item that is not fulfilled, such as drinks, containers for food, and cutleries. the job itself is very easy going, and my bosses are friendly and talkative so that we keep a friendly environment. There is not anything hard about this job, as long as the prepping is done in the way it's supposed to be!
Pros
Easy work
productive
i learnt how to work in faced paced environment but there were not enough benifits for employees. work environmnent was not good enough, the employer wont give you hours but would call you at busy hours mlike 5-10 every day
Bad place to work in
I wasn't taught how to use the cash register like the owner said I would. So dishonesty right there.
Work itself was way too demanding. I mean come on, how much more do people need in a job? I was trained by one of the worst people possible; very bad behavior and poor instructions. (Language was rather limited). Bi weekly payment as well and by paycheck. Not very professional. And they were so short staffed.

Also culture wise, the food isn't all that accurate. Like, I don't think traditionally Asians would put bacon into the dishes. And maybe it is just me, but I think Asian cuisine should be in a slower setting. Just does not seem right for it to be considered as 'fast food'.

So all in all, they gotta improve if they want to be successful.
Pros
Nice chairs and tables/booths
Cons
poor management, bi-weekly payment and by paycheck
An interesting environment
It was a good work environment and was always customer friendly. The coworkers that were there were always happy and made it a joy to work there at times. the only extremely stressful times was at lunch and dinner rushes were there was an influx of hungry people trying to get their food fast. This taught me how to deal with angry, impatient customers which I think is a useful skill to have in the work place.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and very friendly coworkers
I had a good and fun time working at WokBox. The workspace was great and I got along with the co workers very well. Overall I enjoyed working at this fast food restaurant.
Best place to work !
I love working here, co-workers and the management both are friendly. I have been working here since last 4 years and will work here until I get bored :)
Pros
Good management, co-workers
Cons
low wage
This was the first real job I had, and I did enjoy it for the most part. The hours were good, and the work environment was busy and exciting. Overall I enjoyed it.
Very productive and friendly service
Not great hours to work. Don't have schedule up ahead of time and there isn't a lot to do when they aren't busy. Some managers aren't friendly and don't help a lot.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Short working hours
Customer Service
I've learned a lot with regards customer service. Cash handling, time management, food serving, food preparation and up-selling strategies and techniques.
A great place to work, but some issues with foresight.
I really enjoyed my time here the staff are great and everyone gets along well which is more than I could say for some of my past workplaces, but the management would sometimes be illprepared to deal with issues and we constantly ran out of different menu items. Despite these minor frustrations I loved working here.
Pros
Staff discount, friendly staff, easy work
Cons
Open to close shifts, scheduling errors
Productive and a fun place to work
I really enjoyed working there, made some friends and learned how to make different types of food there. Did not seem like much at the time but It was nice to have the experience. The hours were good the customers were a little difficult at times but the challenge was good to push threw.
Pros
Awesome food
Fun job to work at
Good coworkers, customers were nice, was able to still have a life outside of work. Fair wage with respectable hours. Only problem as the manager was not the best.
Productive and fun workplace
Was a great place to work, senior staff made sure I was trained and helped make the transition to a new job easier, nothing bad to say about working here.
Poor managment
It sucked. I hated it. The managers had no idea what they were doing and the schedule was very confusing to follow. I feel like they needed more time to learn how to run the place.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor managment
Nice environment to work
It was nice to workthere busy environment and helping staff. All the employees are friendly. You can workflexibly if you are a student. Managers are also helpful.
Productive and fun workplace
The management made sure I was properly trained and comfortable with the duties and tasks I had been given. There was some conflict among staff, but that will be found at any job. It was an overall great experience.
Fun, dependable, Genuine, socialy and friendly
I work 5 days a week, opening shift, middle shift and closing shift. I learned so quick and face past at work place. cooking, portioning vegetables, meat, and frozen goods.Satisfied for the management. Workplace culture all Asian people. And the hardest park of the job is cooking. and most enjoyable part of job, like co-worker are friendly.
Pros
50% discount for lunch
Cons
8 hours
Very fun and rewarding job
Wonderful manager at the time. It was a very fun and entertaining place to work. The regulars made the job easy as well. Unsure of the current working conditions, though.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen. Our community is ready to answer.