Wok Box Fresh Asian Kitchen Employee Reviews

A great place to work, but some issues with foresight.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB2 July 2018
I really enjoyed my time here the staff are great and everyone gets along well which is more than I could say for some of my past workplaces, but the management would sometimes be illprepared to deal with issues and we constantly ran out of different menu items. Despite these minor frustrations I loved working here.
Pros
Staff discount, friendly staff, easy work
Cons
Open to close shifts, scheduling errors
Productive and a fun place to work
Cook/Prep/Dishwasher/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK22 June 2018
I really enjoyed working there, made some friends and learned how to make different types of food there. Did not seem like much at the time but It was nice to have the experience. The hours were good the customers were a little difficult at times but the challenge was good to push threw.
Pros
Awesome food
Very productive and friendly service
Prep Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2018
Not great hours to work. Don't have schedule up ahead of time and there isn't a lot to do when they aren't busy. Some managers aren't friendly and don't help a lot.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Short working hours
Best place to work !
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB19 October 2018
I love working here, co-workers and the management both are friendly. I have been working here since last 4 years and will work here until I get bored :)
Pros
Good management, co-workers
Cons
low wage
Cashier, cook, cleaner, prep person (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK12 September 2018
This was the first real job I had, and I did enjoy it for the most part. The hours were good, and the work environment was busy and exciting. Overall I enjoyed it.
Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE & CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 August 2018
I've learned a lot with regards customer service. Cash handling, time management, food serving, food preparation and up-selling strategies and techniques.
Productive and fun workplace
Food Preparation / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 May 2018
Was a great place to work, senior staff made sure I was trained and helped make the transition to a new job easier, nothing bad to say about working here.
Fun job to work at
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 May 2018
Good coworkers, customers were nice, was able to still have a life outside of work. Fair wage with respectable hours. Only problem as the manager was not the best.
Fun, dependable, Genuine, socialy and friendly
Cook / Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, International Airport25 July 2017
I work 5 days a week, opening shift, middle shift and closing shift. I learned so quick and face past at work place. cooking, portioning vegetables, meat, and frozen goods.Satisfied for the management. Workplace culture all Asian people. And the hardest park of the job is cooking. and most enjoyable part of job, like co-worker are friendly.
Pros
50% discount for lunch
Cons
8 hours
Poor managment
Cook/Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK2 December 2017
It sucked. I hated it. The managers had no idea what they were doing and the schedule was very confusing to follow. I feel like they needed more time to learn how to run the place.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor managment
Always happy working
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB13 March 2016
Always went to work excited to start working with the co workers. They were like family to me that is still keep in touch with to this day. I learned how to cook Asian food and different cooking techniques. Management was excellent if you ever ran into a problem it would be solved right away. There were no hard parts of the job you got the hours that you needed and always helped around if unsure about anything.
Pros
Great staff to work with
Cons
Got laid off due to oil prices
Fun workplace with alot of pressure during busy hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2014
A typical day at work is opening restaurant, setting it up and doing routine work. I have learned how to deal with stress and pressure at work. Management is almost similar to other work places. Co-workers are helpful and the hardest part of job is work pressure during busy time. The most enjoyable part of job is when you are having fun with your co-workers.
Pros
flexible environment
Cons
working conditions
Great place to work, but demanding
chef (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 June 2014
I loved my co workers and my boss, although they had their grumpy moments. The job was surprisingly not boring despite being repetitive. The customers were always fun to interact with when I seldom was told to. Salary was horrible for the work load though, minimum wage for churning out 40-60 meals per day. Hot and dangerous environment also, got burned several times. If I hadn't been fired for having health issues and missing work I would have not minded staying there for another 3 months.
Pros
Awesome co workers, free meals, discounts, the feeling of being depended upon
Cons
Lousy hours, not enough to live on
This was a great place to work and I felt like my boss actually cared.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC12 July 2013
I was a supervisor there and worked with a lot of different staff over the course of three years. I did prep most days and also placed an order twice a week. When dealing with customers I did cash, lined up the food, cooked it and packed it up and gave it to the customers. I completed quality and table checks and always made sure our customers had a great experience. I also did opening and closing shifts. My boss was very kind and cared a great deal about his customers. He was very flexible with our schedule and always made sure his staff was happy.
Friendly and Positive attitude work place
Front Cashier / Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge31 January 2015
It is a busy but fun and enjoyable job. I really enjoy working, but sad that I have to look around for something that works best for my family schedule. eeveryone is very friendly. We all work as a team so work never feels hard. My daughter starts regular school this year and I have to look around for a regular job that is best for my schedule and home. Salary need to increase too.
Pros
free meals
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB14 August 2017
The management made sure I was properly trained and comfortable with the duties and tasks I had been given. There was some conflict among staff, but that will be found at any job. It was an overall great experience.
Nice environment to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK15 October 2017
It was nice to workthere busy environment and helping staff. All the employees are friendly. You can workflexibly if you are a student. Managers are also helpful.
Great place to work!
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL26 February 2016
I love working at the wok box, theres so many people you get to meet, even your old neighbours. the day at work consisted of cooking chinese, indian and thai meals in less than five minutes, it is very stressful but it pays off in the end.
Pros
35% discount at wok box, 25% discount at The Keg, Fog City, and Pizza Delight
Cons
Hot work area
great asian food
CASHIER / COOK (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 July 2016
I am handling cash register, proving good customer service by giving ideas what's our specialty.the hardest part of the job when its get busy and i am the only one in charge of cooking and sometimes the stocks are not enough to sustain the business.
Pros
family business
Cons
no salary increase
Quick enviroment with happy individuals.
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC9 October 2016
Fast paced environment with constant work. The workers however were all rather happy, and enjoyed the place. A lot of organization for the food preparation which allowed for quick finished meals.