WJS Canada
Happiness score is 47 out of 100

WJS Canada Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

They don't live up to their five values

Refuse to help management reduce incredible stressful caseload because none of the other team leaders are willing to take on the complex clients. Interview you for a job then repost it without telling you you didnt get it. Only to be told they tried reaching you. Proof they didn't doesn't count. Some good years, but this past year was less than stellar. Not a reflection on all the employees, there are some good ones. But overall, top heavy management they forget about who does the real work.

Benefits

Cons

Ignore the front line and team leads stress, work life non esistent, its work work work

29 November 2021
It was such a pleasure working with you. Thank you for your dedication to WJS Canada over these past number of years. On behalf of the organization, I would like to express our gratitude for all your work with the clients and your commitment in empowering them to work towards their goals, both big and small, these many years. Our organization would not have been the same without your contributions and dedicated service.It is regretful that when the caseload became too much, that the workload could not have been re-distributed and we lost a great team member as a result.We wish you the best in your future endeavors and that others will continue to benefit from your kind-heart.

Low salary

The salary is low and the environment is bad. One of the cheapest company I have ever worked for. They need to find better office space as other companies.

Wotking with Individuals in care fun and rewarding. Company comes off at first good. Very toxic/ competitive.

Management appears happy terrific. They condone under handed tactics from one staff to another. Although have policies and procedures, when certain staff follow does not end well for certain staff.

Pros

Working with Individuals in care. Good wages and benefits

Cons

Toxic competitive, management and staff.

13 September 2021
WJS agrees that working with the persons we serve is a very fun and rewarding experience. This field can be very busy, supporting the clients we serve in setting goals, developing new skills and becoming more involved in their communities. There's nothing more rewarding then celebrating their successes with them it's an absolutely amazing feeling.I agree the pay and company benefits are awesome! There aren't many companies where the employer pays 100% of the health and dental premiums :) usually the employee is required to share the cost with the employer. I'm sorry that you felt you were at a detriment for following company policies.

Collaborative team environment focusing on work/life balance

I can't believe I have been working here for almost 5 years! Time has flown by! But as I think back on all the things that we've achieved together I'm so grateful for the experience that I've gained. My manager is wonderful to work for as she let's me be creative and as long as they benefit the company, lets me run with my ideas. I've even been able to work from my home office for almost 2 years! It's SO amazing! Makes me work even harder than ever to have that opportunity to work in such a flexible environment. As long as they'll have me, I'll be here for many. many more years! :)

Pros

work from home office, great salary & 100% employer paid health benefits, great vacation allowance and 3 extra statutory holidays each year beyond the mandatory

Cons

part time hours

21 July 2020
We’re happy to see such a kind review!Thank you very much for taking the time to share these thoughts.

Not a fun place to work

I worked for Spirit of Our Youth Home for a number of years. There's no safety or protection for staff members. It was all about the money and you're forced to work in an unsafe environment most of the time.

Pros

Good collarboration from co-workers

Cons

Horrible schedule

8 July 2020
The safety of our team members is of paramount importance to us at WJS Canada. Policies and protocols are in place to ensure anything unsafe is reported and rectified. Even though you have now moved on to another organization, I would strongly encourage you to contact me personally in confidence to voice your concerns for the safety and security of our workers. I can be reached at abhr@wjscanada.com

Stable job

Good union job the field is changing so I don't really know. I worked there for 14 years so there must have been something I enjoyed. Good manager while there.

8 July 2020
Thank you for 14 years as a member of our WJS Canada team!Employees like you and your commitment to the people and families we serve is what makes WJS Canada a great place to work!

Fast paced

The job had lots of evenings and weekends to work with families. There was also alot of traveling and you had to use your own vehicle but you were give mileage.

avoid this place

This is a very boring and unrewarding job with no room for advancement at all. The pay is horrible by at least 5 dollars an hour doing the same work at a another place. There is zero training and you often get yelled at for doing things wrong after training yourself. And your have to drive way out in the country to get to work. avoid this place, you can earn the same in town at a min wage job

2 October 2019
Thank you for providing this feedback, we are sorry to hear that your experience with WJS did not meet your needs and expectations. At WJS Canada, it's important to us that our staff are well-trained, that's why we have just rolled out a brand new online learning management system for all staff from front line to management. Employees can now access a whole library of training!

Positive work

Providing relief to caregiver benefits everyone - caregiver, client, and you. Rewarding job, very manageable. Involves medication management, setting up meals, sometimes assisting with ADLs (activities of daily living).

Steady union job

Followed what the Union mandated and no more. Paycheck every 2 weeks. But you could be gone at any time. Employees were treated better as they are union, but management had no security. A lot of turn-over.

Pros

Dependable wage

Cons

Just another employee nothing more

Worst management experience I've ever had

I was hired for a professional role. The high level management team was not personable, accessible or approachable. You are not provided adequate orientation. You are not introduced to your colleagues. Important information and documentation is withheld from you. You are told to do certain things, and then reprimanded for the costs of doing such. No introduction to the company and they definitely do not live by their values. Workplace culture is absolutely terrible. If you want to be bored at work, not gain any experience or be allowed to add value, then it would work for you. Otherwise, I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Pros

Worklife balance, competitive salary

Cons

Low pay for lead specialist

significantly low pay for lead specialists compared to other organization. No allowance or insetives to live/work in smaller town. I enjoyed working with clients

Pros

Great clients

Cons

Low pay - difficult to negotiate wage

WJS Canada is a highly repreatable company that provides innovative individualize service to clients, community and families.

WJS Canada has always recognize its employee by giving them a gifts card to all staffs every year for their hard work. Gifts card amount vary from staffs to staff.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WJS Canada. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9