Wismettac Asian Foods Inc

Wismettac Asian Foods Inc Employee Reviews

I was a long distance driver in Wismettac Asian Food since Aug, 2008 and I am hard working and became very experience driver after more than 10 years. I can delivery all over Great Vancouver, Vancouver Island.
I learned that you can not please everybody so all you can do is do your best work. During the winter months there are fewer places to park the truck to deliver and more than likely have to park further away increasing the delivery times.
Pros
RRSP matching, boot allowance, some good benefits package for individual, family, sometimes get free food
Cons
Long working days 12-14 hours shifts, downtown routes are the hardest customers to deliver due to limited parking spaces
Flexible schedule, able to build relationship with clients/ vendors. Continuous challenges which can be good and bad as there is a poor employee relationship culture. Lots of office politics and advancement can be heavily dependent on subjective decisions as oppose to proven work. Your position, especially in sales will cover lots of operational work and on the feed problem solving. This will build personality and help extend understanding of the many things that goes on in running a business.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Able to work with different people
Cons
Poor senior management, Must have a strong personality to succeed
this is the traditional Japanese company, all people from Asia. the business is about restaurant and grocery stores merchandise. the company has two different department which are sales and logistic company.
This company used to be a very relaxed place, however, things have changed dramatically with recent movement of going public in Japan. With the salary and compensation you can get from this company, I would say not worth it with the expectation from them.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wismettac Asian Foods Inc?