Wish Employee Reviews

Pienso que las cosas van estar bien pero tiene saber como acomodar el tiempo y espacio todo al paso.
Joan reyes (Current Employee) –  Wisconsi,milwaekee23 January 2019
Pienso que los valores de los general es como todo es si la persona tiene una estima para convencer al cliente. Pues debe de ser el gerente más ayudar a el empleado sentir sabes lo que el siente ser bien líder.
Pros
El del estado wisconsi
Cons
Pero yo estudio aun, tambien casi terminó.
Good management was fired
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA14 January 2019
A year a go, the CEO decided to fire almost all management. This was a very poor decision as I've witnessed what has happen within the company. I gave the company time to see if the company knew better and unfortunately they did not. Everyone I know dread coming to work. We are worried about getting fired.

Frequent announcements of "Retirement plan" option to voluntarily leave the company and get a number of weeks of pay.
Organization have no structure.
Most people are underpaid because this is their first job.
Code quality is very poor.
All RSU grants require a 1 year vesting period, even if you've been employed over 1 year. I've never experience this kind of treatment before.
Pros
Nice office space
Cons
Fear of being fired
Awesome perks, challenging projects and lots of fun
Product Design Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA27 September 2018
Pros
- Great place to work
- Incredibly conducive work culture
- Awesome perks: free snacks, catered lunch and dinner, commuter benefits, travel reimbursement, fitness and personal growth reimbursements, great office view
- Social events: Happy hour, team outings, special intern events, lunch and learns
- Competitions - Hackathon
- Talented colleagues - There's a lot to learn from everyone and co-workers are extremely supportive

Cons
Not many, in my humble opinion, except that works hours aren't fixed so one might lose a little bit of work-life balance if assigned multiple tasks or projects. Although personally, I don't mind this at this stage of my career but it might concern a few people.

Advice to Company
Wish could use a few more seniors on board. There are a lot of interns and young people who are new to the field and it always helps to have a senior leadership to provide better direction to the mission and long-term goals.

Nature of Work
- Challenging projects - There's a lot to learn in the e-commerce space as the company prepares to lock horns with the giants such as Amazona and Alibaba
- It's a mecca for data people. The company is very data-driven and projects center around GMV.
- Don't expect a lot of meetings. Engineering teams mostly believe in focused work and you won't find a lot of people chatting or talking to each other. But again there is very different for social media or growth team.
Pros
Flexible hours, Catered meals, Snack rooms, Indoor games, Gorgeous SF view
Cons
Depends on the team but work-life balance isn't great
Horrible management
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco4 September 2018
Absolutely chaotic management. Most so called managers are kids in their twenties who interned here and being pushed to the leader role. Having conversation with them is hard as they don’t know how to communicate with respect. Most of the time they simply drop by and start giving orders to do things in the ways they like. Can’t imagine any experienced engineers can bear this environment. These managers provide absolutely no help in your career development.

Please, hire real managers other than kids who are promoted simply because they work here longer, if you still ever want to retain or hire any senior engineers.
Ten stars
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX10 August 2018
Good company. Nice people, very wealthy name company, i was so happy but it wan't for so long the happiness because i ordered to close my Paypal Credit account but it'll be reopened soon i guess..
Great quality food and kitchen environment
Head Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Weston, WI12 January 2018
I had great learning opportunities everyday as well as a good mentorship under the head chef. As well as the ability to learn and work hard on my own.
Pros
Free meals while working
Cons
No Healthcare
Agradavel
Estoquista (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ17 October 2017
Foi muito bom esse tempo que trabalhei nessa empresa, mais agora que min Da de rumo!!..
Pros
Nao
Cons
Nao fornece
great location
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NY28 August 2017
 Plan work schedules, hours, assignments, and job duties to ensure adequate staff services are rendered to all areas.
 Regularly inspect and evaluate physical condition of facility.
 Provide monthly administrative progress reports relative to short term accomplishments, future short term plans and staff education/training.
 Schedule major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available to perform said tasks.
 Maintain and support facility goals and objectives as they relate to third party patient survey process.
Pros
great food
Salon agréable
Coiffeuse polyvalente (Former Employee) –  La Varenne-St.-Hilaire (94)13 August 2017
Collègues et clientèle agréable. Ouvert le dimanche
Pros
Clientèle sympathique
Cons
L'entreprise a fermé
Good for Short-Term, Not for Long Term
N/A (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA24 July 2017
Cons
- HR team is weak and doesn't engage in any employee relations work
- management outside engineering has a serious lack of diversity (all men except for content and hr). Used to be more diverse prior to hiring "official" managers. Standard excuses are used ("hire based on qualified applicants")
- burn & churn attitude towards non-engineering employees
- hire externally rather than develop internally: no effort spent on developing current employees
- engineers are allowed to act with impunity and systematically disrespect non-engineering employees
- ridiculous hiring standards leads to dearth of engineers and an unhealthy culture in engineering
- good benefits are used as an excuse to systematically massively underpay non-engineering employees. Sorry guys, catered food doesn't pay my SF rent.
- data-driven to the point of excluding common sense and cultural/social awareness that is critical in a global company
Pros
good benefits, good individual people, catered lunch and dinner, great office location, good snacks and drinks
Working remotely is perfect
Turkish Linguist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA20 November 2016
Wish is a great for me to work right now. I can work from home and still have time with my baby girl. It is a great company with really good ethic and they appreciate the employees.
Great Experience, Great Company
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Iriga11 August 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. I learned a lot of things. It was really a Great Experience working with wish. Thank you
Fastpaced, sales driven environment
Operations Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Greater Manchester24 June 2014
All aspects of administration, maintaining up to date records and running daily forecasts and monthly reports, ensuring each contract is viable and profitable for both customer and business, network credit vetting, liaising with the customer to keep them reassured and up to date with the progress of their orders, working with different departments to guarantee the customer receives correct hardware and these are despatched/delivered on time. Most importantly having daily contact with the networks to navigate a seamless connection process. Finally working with all parties (customer/sales/account managers) to ensure a smooth handover.
el ambiente es bueno
operario (Former Employee) –  Apodaca, NLE26 February 2014
creo que le fata una organizacion de planta, falta de capacitacion
Pros
puedes tener una estabilidad laboral
Cons
loa paga es muy baja
Lovely local boutique, family oriented and integrity driven
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA20 August 2013
I enjoyed the ethics of Wish...truly handmade and fair trade products with an emphasis on local gifts. Great work environment and very open to suggestions, creativity and potential for growth.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA30 May 2013
I learned a wish a lot about fashion and what it takes to style a customer. I didn't like the pressure of having to sell clothes to customers. I felt like if they wanted to buy something that could but i didn't like the pressure of having to talk a guest into buying something. I enjoyed the many people i met and when a customer left the job satisfied.
bueno por el compañerismo
seguridad (Former Employee) –  Mendoza, M7 May 2013
muy malos tratos de parte de los jefes hacia loa empleados y en negro todos los años que preste servicio
Pros
dentro de todo comodo
Cons
todos los años en negro
Rewarding
Front receptionist (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK18 April 2012
This is a very rewarding place to work. The training was excellent. It made me feel like I was making a difference.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wish. Our community is ready to answer.