WIS International Employee Review

View all WIS International reviews

Upgrade inventory skills, New experiences, Understanding new technology
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 November 2013
WiS was managed by a skeleton crew.

Inventory season started in January and ended in February.

Inventory Clerks were assigned certain section of franchise store { store shelves or stock room }.

Managers instructed Inventory Clerks the type of inventorying requested by franchise store.

Managers were outgoing and friendly.

The hardest part of being a Inventory Clerk was trying to put my best leg in while knowing that my job was a temporary position.
Pros
Good humour, provided transportation
Cons
Lack of communication, Training minimal, Disguntle co-employees

Other WIS International Employee Reviews

Flexible hours and good people in work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
Everyday is a different that may start very early or late. Minimum of 3 hours and average work per day is at 5 - 6 stores. The enjoyable part is to get to travel, but there are weeks when it is really slow or a week or 2 off.
Good if your looking for part-time work; bad if you expect the shift(s) to be steady per week
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 March 2018
I have been employed at WIS for about 3 years. The hours and shifts were random. At first, I was hired full-time but then I was dropped down to casual (which is worse than part-time). Then I was brought back to full-time once my skills and experience was improved (but it felt that it was not actually full-time - it felt more like part-time instead).

I do have to agree that the hours suck and are not close to steady (or swing) but more like part-time or split shift. You don't know when you start till they put up a shift but once you go to the shift, you wouldn't know when you will end.

Sometimes it is a mess and it may take longer to complete but other times it's not an issue. As long as you do meet your quota, you shouldn't have any issues with the management. I do have to say that the inventory company feels like a temp agency but it's not really a temp agency (since a temp agency wouldn't have perks and a couple events per year that you could attend). That pretty explains the top part. Oh, and I did forget that there are no health benefits unless if your upper management. It is a semi-labour type of work.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
No health benefits, hours are unstable and hard to predict when the shift is done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.