WIS International Employee Review

View all WIS International reviews

It's a decent job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  ottawa ON25 November 2013
They have a lot of hours in the beginning of the year. You count diferent varieties of utilities, clothes groceries. Depending on what kind of store they schedule you. I have learned how the inventory work in diferent companies. How important the stock of their companies is controled. I have learned how they manage to do different store depending on the size of their stock. The co-workers are always friendly to work with everybody. They are always ready to help each others. The hardest part of the job is most of the time the hours. You dont know what time you will be done. The environement is always friendly.They always recognize when you are working hard. You get a reward for your potential.
Pros
You get paid for long travel

Other WIS International Employee Reviews

Good if your looking for part-time work; bad if you expect the shift(s) to be steady per week
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 March 2018
I have been employed at WIS for about 3 years. The hours and shifts were random. At first, I was hired full-time but then I was dropped down to casual (which is worse than part-time). Then I was brought back to full-time once my skills and experience was improved (but it felt that it was not actually full-time - it felt more like part-time instead).

I do have to agree that the hours suck and are not close to steady (or swing) but more like part-time or split shift. You don't know when you start till they put up a shift but once you go to the shift, you wouldn't know when you will end.

Sometimes it is a mess and it may take longer to complete but other times it's not an issue. As long as you do meet your quota, you shouldn't have any issues with the management. I do have to say that the inventory company feels like a temp agency but it's not really a temp agency (since a temp agency wouldn't have perks and a couple events per year that you could attend). That pretty explains the top part. Oh, and I did forget that there are no health benefits unless if your upper management. It is a semi-labour type of work.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
No health benefits, hours are unstable and hard to predict when the shift is done
Good work for career enhancement
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 March 2018
I can work according to my schedule and the job is very much flexible. I am getting good wages and i experience a good team environment . I can work in team and in individual

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.