WIS International Employee Reviews

Found 218 reviews matching the search See all 2,432 reviews
Quantity
Inventory Associate (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Have a good experience to work with WIS International on Quantity inventory count with the latest technology
Good working environment
Work on different places
Poor management.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 September 2018
Halifax manager doesn't run the office well or communicate to any of the hourly employees.

Out dated equipment.

Long hours, no OT or travel paid.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
bien
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 September 2018
Travail sur appel aucune stabilité d'emploi toujours à l'extérieur
Boring, repetitive, and very unreliable
Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2018
I didn't particularly find this job "hard", but I found that the management gave hardly any direction on how to properly count. Sometimes you'd be counting clothing stores (count every item) or department/grocery and count in multi-quantities. I was only trained on clothing stores, so I literally had to teach myself how to count grocery because I got a 5 minute run down at the beginning of my shift, and was left to myself for the rest of it. The hours are incredibly unreliable, I counted a lingerie store for 11 hours one weekend, and then counted the same store (different location) in 6 hours. You NEVER know how long your shift will last, and if you take the company vehicle, you could be stuck there after the count is finished, until the manager is done all his/her computer/paperwork. There have been situations where I am scheduled during times I am unavailable, or scheduled far away when I have requested to not be scheduled past a certain time (i.e. requested to leave at 1pm to get to an appointment/class at 2pm, and they schedule you an hour away from home so not only do you have to leave the shift even earlier to make it back home in time, but you have to drive yourself and not in the company vehicle, because if the count lasts longer than your availability says, you have to miss the appointment/class....so drive an hour both ways to work 5 hours? I feel that is just not worth it.) I have gone weeks without being scheduled, sometimes even longer than that. If you don't mind not having a steady income, then this might not bother you, but as a busy student, a steady income  more... is incredibly important to me. To make matters worse, occasionally you'll have weeks that are so jam packed with shifts, you can't even manage your life outside work. I had a heavy class last year that required me to attend meetings outside of class time, and I was sleep deprived for weeks because I would work 7am-1pm, class from 2-5 and then have group meetings until 9pm, and then do the whole thing again all week + doing homework and studying. I really liked the office manager when I worked there, despite the scheduling issues, he was always quick to respond to my questions, and never had a problem with me leaving early for class or appointments. I would not recommend this job to anyone, but if you insist on working there, just know your schedule will vary incredibly, and you'll be working with people that have no desire to help you so if you have questions you'll be wandering around looking for a manager that may or may not be nice when you ask for help.  less
Pros
shop while you work, travel pay, sometimes stores provide lunch
Cons
unreliable hours, bad scheduling, bending over frequently, on ladders sometimes
There was too much variable factors
Inventory Supervisor - at Calgary, Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
Daily work labour, time, schedule are randomly everyday.It means depend on size of store.

If you working as clerk, there is no welfare, and basically its physical but not that hard if you adjust.
Great part-time job, friendly environment, flexible hours, student friendly
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC29 August 2018
This is a really great part-time job for students, the managers and other employees are very friendly. The hours are flexible, they consider the fact that you are a student and will need certain hours to study for exams. The jobs don't usually take very long (usually around 4 hrs) and they take place in the weekday evenings, and weekends. Inventory takes place at a variety of stores (multiple stores in Rideau, Bayshore, etc.)
Pros
Flexible hours, reasonable locations (nearby), friendly environments
Cons
Hours can be pretty late sometimes
Extrêmement ennuyant et répétitif
Inventaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 August 2018
À moins que vous souffrez d'une maladie chronique vous empêchant de porter un avis réaliste et/ou de raisonner, le travail au sein de l'entreprise vous fera tomber en dépression.
Pros
Oxygène gratuit
Cons
Longues heures, heure de fin inconnue, compétition au sein des employés
it is a good environment to work in.
Junior Associate • Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 August 2018
not enough shifts, great manager and friendly co-workers
I learnt how to use a wizard. Improvement. Inconsistent hours.
sometimes we would work long hours.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Not a bad temporary, part-time position.
Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Manitoba13 August 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know some of the staff and certain managers. The hardest part is working with some of the staff and certain managers. There is no typical day, because every shift is at a different location with different staff and managers.
Cons
Some kind of closing interview would be nice.
Good but monotonous job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 July 2018
If you prefer to see a rapid change, challenging tasks or dynamic work, I say you hardly find these at WIS. WIS instead is a steady, smooth but sometimes physically challenging job which includes inventory counting everything from a small pen at a dollar store to huge equipment at an hardware store. The job is monotonous and if one prefer for a static job, WIS is for you. On a regular day for instance your shift starts at a huge dollar store, you practically start counting every aisle in order and you are not interrupted by your colleagues because you are all in an Olympic race of counting the most of the inventory/stock which is based on a CPH (count per hour) system. CPH system gives hourly inventory targets, if you perform well, your rank will be the most dominant and at the end of the day you may get some good compliments from your colleagues, managers and also you can get elected as the best employee if you perform strongly without making counting errors. People at WIS are very friendly and most of the managers have had worked with WIS for very long time and they respect the work culture and employees. The overall job experience is 3.25/5. Depending on what store you take to count inventory, you sometimes need to strain yourself physically by lifting boxes, weights and what not, you might end up lifting a bicycle at a walmart for inventory counting too. Shift times are not at all predictable, sometimes you might work for straight 8 hours or sometimes you might work as early as an hour. One must travel to the desired store for inventory counting and you might travel a distance  more... ranging from anything on a scale of 0 - 200 Kms, don't worry the company has got some well maintained cars and good drivers who don't risk your life at any cost.
All the best
Pros
Monotonous jobs, steady, best colleagues, friendly managers
Cons
Unpredictable shift hours, physical stress, journey
just the right job for those who prefer to work independently
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesswood drive10 July 2018
If you wish for a work environment that is relaxed but needs speed and accuracy then this is the right job for you.
This is a job for early risers, as many of the inventories start before 7AM. They pay weekly, so if you need a quick paycheck, this might be for you.
They hire almost anyone, so there are many free spirits, tattoos, rehab/sober types. The variety of the crew members is what makes the job special.
Pros
you start early and finish early
Cons
you are asked to go to different locations
Great exposure to big brands
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2018
At WIS, its more than just counting inventory. You get to meet new people every day at work as the shifts are at various places and your encounter with managers of the store opens up a new dimension of learning and having a practical approach towards career path.
Travail productiv
SREVIS D INVENTAIRE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2018
Quand je veux - je peux travaile. Pour avoir pour résultat nous avons besoin DISCIPLINE - COMPROMISION AVEC Bien Ecuipe.
enthusiastic to scan
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2018
The job at WIS as a Inventory associate is good. People who are interested in driving to new places and also who are good at counting can apply for this job.
Pros
Pay for drive
Cons
Shift time
Opportunite
Commis d'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC3 June 2018
En tant que Commis à l’inventaire chez Wis international m’as permis de parfaire mes habiletés en gestion de données, coordonner la configuration des produits et composantes, réparations des équipements informatiques, coordination des petits projets et s’assurer de l’exactitude des données .
Pros
travail
Very Good company for learn new skills
Inventory Associate- Part (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2018
good company but very poor management team
Normally morning schedule
Learned how to count inventory with help of device
Best part is flexible schedule of job
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Not enough hours
Not recommended
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2018
Everyone's like zombie there. They don't talk at all which makes working there more frustrating than usual. Management is aweful too :) just a good place if you hate talking and you don't care if you are not respected.
Pros
benefit of goodlife fitness ($10 a month off)
Cons
management, work environment and everything else
Never a dull moment!
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
WIS is a company that offers inventory service to a variety of retail stores and warehouse locations. We also occasionally provide merchandising services to clients. It’s a great job for those who appreciate a flexible schedule and not doing the same thing day in and day out. A great team also makes the work days more enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Paid travel. Great team environment.
Cons
benefits no longer offered to hourly employees
Great place to work!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
Hours can be a bit tough, but it is a friendly environment wait a straightforward task. The managers are nice and helpful. There are many opportunities to advance in the company.
good place to work
Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
good place to work when they are busy. the people I found to be wonderful and hard working. My only problem is that I did not get enough hour of work because of the slow down cause the time of year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.