WIS International Employee Reviews

Found 226 reviews matching the search See all 2,557 reviews
You'll be lied too.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2019
Within my frist week I realized I made a mistake working for Wis. I was lied too by the area manager by being told my shifts would only be around 6 hours or less per day.. some days you'll work 12+. Not to mention you'll need to be at the pick up site early in the morning (before 6am) for anyshifts you can't access by bus. They refuse to set up a second site for the people living in the West end or Kanata area so you'll be busing to the pick up site which will take over an hour. Wage is based on how fast/accurate you are which I completely understand but being paid 14/h and having to be on buses for 3+ hours a day means this job isn't worth working if you live in the areas above. My advice to management is simple,

1.Have a few pick up sites and realize that people live all over this city.

2. For Trips lasting an hour or more have a planned place to stop and use bathrooms.

3. Have a better training program, my frist day I was handed a scanner and that's it.... I wasn't told it came apart in order to make the scanner easier or nothing. (you don't need much training to do this job but somethings like what I mentioned help)
Pros
Free trips around Ontario (close to Ottawa)
Cons
Long hours, repetitive, early mornings and late nights.
Operations
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 February 2019
The job can teach you how to handle pressure, stress and time management. Sometimes due to store conditions the inventory may take longer than expected.
Most employees are good hours suck
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 January 2019
Hours are not good if you have small children you have to be up at like 4 am or start at 9 pm .Nobenefits no matter how long you are there. Not steady work week some weeks nothing some a lot of hours, December next to no hours then January no sleep hours too many.
Travel to many different locations some of the crew splits off to go on Home Depot and/ or Walmart runs that is about 4 to 5 days a week they get payed travel and get to stay in hotels but have to buy food on the road if your single this is s good job.
Pros
It’s a job nice co workers
Cons
Hours suck no benifits
Okay for a first job
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 January 2019
Work is pretty easy, it's just tedious. You stand there counting until the store is completely done of all tags and nothing else needs to be counted. Pay is minimum wage, some co-workers are really nice, but management can be bad at times up to a point where they'll harass you to count faster.

It's a very simple job, but something you probably wouldn't want to build a career on. Take on this job if you're in dire need of income, a first job, or are in school/looking for another job.
Pros
Brain-dead work, SOME great co-workers, break
Cons
Boring, management can be bad at times, unpredictable hours
Great!
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Alberta17 January 2019
Management is awesome. They will help you with what you need to be able to do your job properly. Schedule is flexible .You work when you want to or not it's up to you. You can get to travel to different places and your paid for it.
Pros
Travel with pay, free food from some of the stores that you're doing inventory
Worked with great people but new implemented changes were terrible
Part-Time Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 December 2018
I was a student and was hired due to a referral from a childhood friend. My first year was actually very enjoyable; most of the workers were students and we had a fun yet competitive atmosphere. We had a lot of laughs and became friends. I was actually pretty good and fast at counting and it was a great atmosphere especially since everyone was friendly. However, there were new changes that completely made the work unbearable like "team green" and prolonging counts with less people to be more "efficient." Paid travel was nice but days became so long that it was hard to balance with school. I first joined only because it was so flexible while being in school. It was basically impossible to obtain gold star and raises were essentially not even there. I had to quit because days were just so long and unpredicatble and also because most of the fast core team left.
Pros
paid travel, some shifts are fast (less then 2 hours), some great people
Cons
unpredicatble hours, long hours, physically demanding, repetitive, tedious tasks
Stay away
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 December 2018
Upper management is a joke. The have no idea of how to effectively manage operations since some of them have not even managed inventory counting in big stores (e.g. Walmart, Home Depot, Superstore). Workload is huge! Don’t expect to work less than 50 hrs/week (60 hrs in some cases). No overtime is paid even at regular rate leading to your 20$/hr salary to turn into 13$/hr. Lot’s of things that put you in trouble. Funny fact is that 90% of them is not your fault (internet doesn’t work, equipment issues, counters errors, upper management didn’t give you enough people and you spent 10 hrs counting a store instead of 5 hrs), but upper management will blame you for all of the faults even if you absolutely could not do ANYTHING to fix it. Unless you’re a good BK (which will help you to get into higher management role very fast), or you wish to learn how to work under a huge stress, try to stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
See above
Quantity
Inventory Associate (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Have a good experience to work with WIS International on Quantity inventory count with the latest technology
Good working environment
Work on different places
Poor management.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 September 2018
Halifax manager doesn't run the office well or communicate to any of the hourly employees.

Out dated equipment.

Long hours, no OT or travel paid.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list!
Interesting job.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 September 2018
The limitation is that there is no fixed and specific workplace. The work environment is fun and the job is interesting as well. Helps in becoming a good team player.
bien
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC12 September 2018
Travail sur appel aucune stabilité d'emploi toujours à l'extérieur
Boring, repetitive, and very unreliable
Inventory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 August 2018
I didn't particularly find this job "hard", but I found that the management gave hardly any direction on how to properly count. Sometimes you'd be counting clothing stores (count every item) or department/grocery and count in multi-quantities. I was only trained on clothing stores, so I literally had to teach myself how to count grocery because I got a 5 minute run down at the beginning of my shift, and was left to myself for the rest of it. The hours are incredibly unreliable, I counted a lingerie store for 11 hours one weekend, and then counted the same store (different location) in 6 hours. You NEVER know how long your shift will last, and if you take the company vehicle, you could be stuck there after the count is finished, until the manager is done all his/her computer/paperwork. There have been situations where I am scheduled during times I am unavailable, or scheduled far away when I have requested to not be scheduled past a certain time (i.e. requested to leave at 1pm to get to an appointment/class at 2pm, and they schedule you an hour away from home so not only do you have to leave the shift even earlier to make it back home in time, but you have to drive yourself and not in the company vehicle, because if the count lasts longer than your availability says, you have to miss the appointment/class....so drive an hour both ways to work 5 hours? I feel that is just not worth it.) I have gone weeks without being scheduled, sometimes even longer than that. If you don't mind not having a steady income, then this might not bother you, but as a busy student, a steady income  more... is incredibly important to me. To make matters worse, occasionally you'll have weeks that are so jam packed with shifts, you can't even manage your life outside work. I had a heavy class last year that required me to attend meetings outside of class time, and I was sleep deprived for weeks because I would work 7am-1pm, class from 2-5 and then have group meetings until 9pm, and then do the whole thing again all week + doing homework and studying. I really liked the office manager when I worked there, despite the scheduling issues, he was always quick to respond to my questions, and never had a problem with me leaving early for class or appointments. I would not recommend this job to anyone, but if you insist on working there, just know your schedule will vary incredibly, and you'll be working with people that have no desire to help you so if you have questions you'll be wandering around looking for a manager that may or may not be nice when you ask for help.  less
Pros
shop while you work, travel pay, sometimes stores provide lunch
Cons
unreliable hours, bad scheduling, bending over frequently, on ladders sometimes
There was too much variable factors
Inventory Supervisor - at Calgary, Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
Daily work labour, time, schedule are randomly everyday.It means depend on size of store.

If you working as clerk, there is no welfare, and basically its physical but not that hard if you adjust.
Great part-time job, friendly environment, flexible hours, student friendly
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC29 August 2018
This is a really great part-time job for students, the managers and other employees are very friendly. The hours are flexible, they consider the fact that you are a student and will need certain hours to study for exams. The jobs don't usually take very long (usually around 4 hrs) and they take place in the weekday evenings, and weekends. Inventory takes place at a variety of stores (multiple stores in Rideau, Bayshore, etc.)
Pros
Flexible hours, reasonable locations (nearby), friendly environments
Cons
Hours can be pretty late sometimes
Extrêmement ennuyant et répétitif
Inventaire (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 August 2018
À moins que vous souffrez d'une maladie chronique vous empêchant de porter un avis réaliste et/ou de raisonner, le travail au sein de l'entreprise vous fera tomber en dépression.
Pros
Oxygène gratuit
Cons
Longues heures, heure de fin inconnue, compétition au sein des employés
it is a good environment to work in.
Junior Associate • Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON19 August 2018
not enough shifts, great manager and friendly co-workers
I learnt how to use a wizard. Improvement. Inconsistent hours.
sometimes we would work long hours.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Not a bad temporary, part-time position.
Inventory Counter (Current Employee) –  Manitoba13 August 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know some of the staff and certain managers. The hardest part is working with some of the staff and certain managers. There is no typical day, because every shift is at a different location with different staff and managers.
Cons
Some kind of closing interview would be nice.
Good but monotonous job
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 July 2018
If you prefer to see a rapid change, challenging tasks or dynamic work, I say you hardly find these at WIS. WIS instead is a steady, smooth but sometimes physically challenging job which includes inventory counting everything from a small pen at a dollar store to huge equipment at an hardware store. The job is monotonous and if one prefer for a static job, WIS is for you. On a regular day for instance your shift starts at a huge dollar store, you practically start counting every aisle in order and you are not interrupted by your colleagues because you are all in an Olympic race of counting the most of the inventory/stock which is based on a CPH (count per hour) system. CPH system gives hourly inventory targets, if you perform well, your rank will be the most dominant and at the end of the day you may get some good compliments from your colleagues, managers and also you can get elected as the best employee if you perform strongly without making counting errors. People at WIS are very friendly and most of the managers have had worked with WIS for very long time and they respect the work culture and employees. The overall job experience is 3.25/5. Depending on what store you take to count inventory, you sometimes need to strain yourself physically by lifting boxes, weights and what not, you might end up lifting a bicycle at a walmart for inventory counting too. Shift times are not at all predictable, sometimes you might work for straight 8 hours or sometimes you might work as early as an hour. One must travel to the desired store for inventory counting and you might travel a distance  more... ranging from anything on a scale of 0 - 200 Kms, don't worry the company has got some well maintained cars and good drivers who don't risk your life at any cost.
All the best
Pros
Monotonous jobs, steady, best colleagues, friendly managers
Cons
Unpredictable shift hours, physical stress, journey
just the right job for those who prefer to work independently
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesswood drive10 July 2018
If you wish for a work environment that is relaxed but needs speed and accuracy then this is the right job for you.
This is a job for early risers, as many of the inventories start before 7AM. They pay weekly, so if you need a quick paycheck, this might be for you.
They hire almost anyone, so there are many free spirits, tattoos, rehab/sober types. The variety of the crew members is what makes the job special.
Pros
you start early and finish early
Cons
you are asked to go to different locations
Great exposure to big brands
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2018
At WIS, its more than just counting inventory. You get to meet new people every day at work as the shifts are at various places and your encounter with managers of the store opens up a new dimension of learning and having a practical approach towards career path.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.