WIS International Employee Reviews

Great exposure to big brands
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 July 2018
At WIS, its more than just counting inventory. You get to meet new people every day at work as the shifts are at various places and your encounter with managers of the store opens up a new dimension of learning and having a practical approach towards career path.
Travail productiv
SREVIS D INVENTAIRE (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 July 2018
Quand je veux - je peux travaile. Pour avoir pour résultat nous avons besoin DISCIPLINE - COMPROMISION AVEC Bien Ecuipe.
enthusiastic to scan
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 June 2018
The job at WIS as a Inventory associate is good. People who are interested in driving to new places and also who are good at counting can apply for this job.
Pros
Pay for drive
Cons
Shift time
Opportunite
Commis d'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC3 June 2018
En tant que Commis à l’inventaire chez Wis international m’as permis de parfaire mes habiletés en gestion de données, coordonner la configuration des produits et composantes, réparations des équipements informatiques, coordination des petits projets et s’assurer de l’exactitude des données .
Pros
travail
Very Good company for learn new skills
Inventory Associate- Part (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 May 2018
good company but very poor management team
Normally morning schedule
Learned how to count inventory with help of device
Best part is flexible schedule of job
Pros
Flexible timing
Cons
Not enough hours
Not recommended
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 May 2018
Everyone's like zombie there. They don't talk at all which makes working there more frustrating than usual. Management is aweful too :) just a good place if you hate talking and you don't care if you are not respected.
Pros
benefit of goodlife fitness ($10 a month off)
Cons
management, work environment and everything else
Never a dull moment!
Inventory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2018
WIS is a company that offers inventory service to a variety of retail stores and warehouse locations. We also occasionally provide merchandising services to clients. It’s a great job for those who appreciate a flexible schedule and not doing the same thing day in and day out. A great team also makes the work days more enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Paid travel. Great team environment.
Cons
benefits no longer offered to hourly employees
Great place to work!
Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 May 2018
Hours can be a bit tough, but it is a friendly environment wait a straightforward task. The managers are nice and helpful. There are many opportunities to advance in the company.
good place to work
Inventory Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2018
good place to work when they are busy. the people I found to be wonderful and hard working. My only problem is that I did not get enough hour of work because of the slow down cause the time of year.
Flexible hours and good people in work
Inventory Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2018
Everyday is a different that may start very early or late. Minimum of 3 hours and average work per day is at 5 - 6 stores. The enjoyable part is to get to travel, but there are weeks when it is really slow or a week or 2 off.
Good if your looking for part-time work; bad if you expect the shift(s) to be steady per week
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 March 2018
I have been employed at WIS for about 3 years. The hours and shifts were random. At first, I was hired full-time but then I was dropped down to casual (which is worse than part-time). Then I was brought back to full-time once my skills and experience was improved (but it felt that it was not actually full-time - it felt more like part-time instead).

I do have to agree that the hours suck and are not close to steady (or swing) but more like part-time or split shift. You don't know when you start till they put up a shift but once you go to the shift, you wouldn't know when you will end.

Sometimes it is a mess and it may take longer to complete but other times it's not an issue. As long as you do meet your quota, you shouldn't have any issues with the management. I do have to say that the inventory company feels like a temp agency but it's not really a temp agency (since a temp agency wouldn't have perks and a couple events per year that you could attend). That pretty explains the top part. Oh, and I did forget that there are no health benefits unless if your upper management. It is a semi-labour type of work.
Pros
Paid travel
Cons
No health benefits, hours are unstable and hard to predict when the shift is done
Good work for career enhancement
Inventory Associate (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 March 2018
I can work according to my schedule and the job is very much flexible. I am getting good wages and i experience a good team environment . I can work in team and in individual
Super great
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC28 February 2018
This place was super great to work at. Everyone was super cool and laid back. The only thing you may have an issue with is all the travelling they do.
Pros
Super Fun
Cons
Lots of Travel
Horrible Company
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 February 2018
Constantly putting their workers down..Not enough training, too repetitve, no care for their workers, never told you when the shift would be over.....
Pour les travaillant
Superviseur (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC12 February 2018
Cet emploi est pour ceux qui veulent se retrousser les manches.
Pros
Paye le temps supplémentaire, pas d'horaire de nuit.
Cons
Horaire en montagne russes, certains employés peu fiables, peu de support du bureau-chef.
Good for students
Inventory Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ON12 February 2018
The work is great for sporadic part time or students who need some extra cash. WIS (in London Ontario) provides Great Customer Service, Accuracy, and a Reasonable Count-Window to its customers.
Pros
Paid Travel
Cons
Unpredictable flexible hours, public transportation not always availble for many shifts
1 star because I can't go lower
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 February 2018
While working at Wiz may be easy enough. the travel that they make you do through blizzards and 6 + hours of travel with no pay, only to work between 4 in 6 hours it's not worth it don't risk your life to work for these guys. not to mention they do not like to pay their employees! I have been waiting for a paycheck for over a month now, and they keep postponing the date over and over again. I feel like they're not going to pay me. I told them I wanted compensation for it I don't see that happening either. I begged them because I missed payments on my daily life things that need to be paid for have gone without because I've been waiting on money from them. EI took a lot less time than these guys did for a result! And you know how long they can take! My advice to anybody reading this would be find work elsewhere they will probably screw you over without even thinking.
Pros
It's a job (if they pay you)
Cons
Just about everything I've mentioned, and then lots more work there to find out. or don't take the chance, I would suggest don't take the chance
Passable
Commis à l'inventaire (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC2 February 2018
Permis de visiter la ville quand tu viens darriver
Unique workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada1 February 2018
Every day is different. Some times of great flexibility and some times of zero flexibility. Being proactive about workload will give you better opportunities for work/life balance.
Terrible place to work.
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON31 January 2018
Boring, physically demanding, job and no room for growth. Hours was all over the place, Managers yell at you and treat you like a slave, One shift the van left without me and I was stranded. Don't work here. You're better off temping.
Cons
Boring, job bad hours physically demading bosses that were jerks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIS International. Our community is ready to answer.