Play YouTube video button
WIRELESSWAVE

WIRELESSWAVE Employee Reviews

Canada104 reviews
Featured review
WIRELESSWAVE selected this as a representative review
Great, first sales job. Lots of learning
It was great, you have to learn quite a bit and they do take the time to teach you about sales techniques that actually work and will benefit you in the long run. However, if you are a shark, this wont change much.
Company taking care of employees during COVID-19
Glentel is not laying off employees during the pandemic and instead they are paying everyone their wages which is a huge advantage over all the companies that started laying people off.
Pros
Potetial for making lots of money
Cons
Poor work life balance
Exciting and supportive
Getting hired in the start seemed very intense, especially due to all the changes that occur during a daily basis. But the support I have received from my team and manager has always been outstanding. Not only did I receive support from my store but stores from all over including managers. I would have to say this is one of the best jobs that have I ever had. The company as also done an outstanding job supporting all their workers during such a difficult time.
not great
it really depends on your location, if you're in a slow mall it makes it really hard to each targets. upper management doesn't really care too much about whether or not your store as bus.
10 March 2020
Thank you for your comments. Our management team sets the goals based on a number of factors, and we strive to set all every employees up for success with coaching, training, and recognition activities. At GLENTEL, our success would not be possible without our employees. We foster positive work environment, organize team events and provide training that supports our employee professional growth. We invite you to share your specific concerns and ideas with our Human Resources team.
Golden Goose, use it while you can
One of the few companies willing to pay a fair wage and fair commission. I would absolutely recommend anyone work there while you can. However, turnover rate is extremely high due to poor management and you will be rotated out after a couple years if you do not move cities to climb the management ladder.
10 March 2020
Thank you for your comments. It is great to hear that you recommend our company to prospective candidates and that you are pleased with our competitive compensation and benefits package. Our managers focus on supporting our employees in building their sales career through coaching, mentorship, and recognition programs. We are pleased to say that our turnover is lower than average for the retail industry. We have leadership opportunities in different stores across the country. Please contact our HR team to discuss mobility and career pathing topics.
Fun and Competitive
I learned a lot at this job
Great management at the location I was working at

Have to be a people's person and have to also be able to sell.

Each store has it's own goal so you have to make sure to hit your goal
10 March 2020
We appreciate the feedback and your openness. Glentel has been voted one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work in 2020 in Canada, this award is based on the feedback from our current and former employees shared on Glassdoor over the past year. We are glad you enjoyed your employment with us and you were able gain a good learning experience.
Flexible Work Schedule
Mostly young team, its fun and fast paced environment. Amazing training programs, it is an ideal job for any fresher who wants to lean about sales, customer service and customer retention.
awesome place to work
work and life is hard to manage when in this company because they expect you to always be on call for customer service. it is a 24 hour job when it comes down to it.
Very fast paced and productive environment at workplace
I joined is company as a sales associate and learned a lot from my peers and seniors. I progressed to Assistant Manager and then Manager of a Target Mobile store, until Target decided to close down all its stores. I had to leave the company because I could not be absorbed back in a management role under its other banners.
Great Money, Awful Life.
If you're a good salesperson you will make great money.

You will also be unpaid for many hours worked and convinced that you have too.

Good luck having a life, and get used to corruption.
Coworker can be good
I worked for the company for three years. Some of the coworkers I had there where the best people I’ve ever met. But this is a very high stress job and you will have bad customers. The upper management is not the best. But it’s not a bad company to work for.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Bad management
Great Culture and Good Commission
- great opportunity for someone to develop sales, people, customer service skills
- very generous commission structure

- hard to work life balance based on performance industry
It’s a great job if you like sales
If you can’t handle selling then it’s not the job for you. If you like selling it’ll be great because it’ll push you to get better. Money is good if you can sell
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Demanding
A fun role but commission changes hurt
Working at wireless wave was a pleasure. They have lots of great benefits including company phones and discounts on phone accessories. I enjoyed working here and the team was great. Kuver in particular really helped mold me and give me the tools for success. I left because the commission structure made it far more difficult to hit a decent bonus due to the fact that a care plan was put in place and could only be used for people with credit cards. Now i'm not sure about the other stores but a lot of the people we worked with did not have credit cards like a visa or MasterCard. This made things more difficult and made making a decent wage harder.
An excellent job if you've got the chops.
Working at wireless-wave is a double edged sword; There is a massive potential for making money if you can stomach the daily pressure to make sales. High pressure but high reward.
Pros
Great potential to earn
Cons
Low work life balance
Good Place to work
Great commission structure, fun place to work managers are good, hard to move up past manager even if you sell well. But overall a very good place to work hours can be tough its a retail job but paid great
Great Staff
Enjoyed working for them, DM wasn't very understanding! Always pushed for things without having the foot traffic to even out numbers and targets where not realistic.
Pros
Cons
Long Days
Excellent Company
Great experience working with this company, learned a lot about management and sales as well as building a business. Those who make up the company provide an excellent teaching platform as well as a very supportive and positive workplace culture.
Pros
Excellent mentoring, ethical business model, healthy and positive culture.
Cons
Not enough staff.
THE best
Honestly, the manager of the Cambridge Center location is really what made it the best experience. He cares so much about his staff and puts his all into his work! The district manager did everything she could to make sure you succeed. The job can be stressful as it is a commission hustle, but it makes it all that more fun. I'd HIGHLY recommend this company. The amount of money and effort they put into making you the best of the best is incredible and I've never seen another company do it!
Pros
Bread, Management, Head Office, Friends
Cons
stress, and becomes your life
A good place to work at if you have your own customers
It teaches you how to set goals everyday, the management always track's your performance, the hardest part of the job is if you don't hit your target then you would need to explain why.
over all a good place to work
WirelessWave was an amazing experience to learn the sales culture. It taught me a lot of useful skills and how to complete a sale professionally and efficiently.