WIRELESSWAVE Employee Reviews

over all a good place to work
Sales Associate /Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2019
WirelessWave was an amazing experience to learn the sales culture. It taught me a lot of useful skills and how to complete a sale professionally and efficiently.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 January 2019
I absolutely love working for wirelesswave. It's a really fun job, the commission is great, my manager is awesome, he's incredibly accommodating to my scheduling needs due to being a single mom, lots of incentives and contests (tropical trips, phones, etc can be won), the benefits package is amazing, I work with an amazing group of people who are like a family. My only complaint is I wish we got paid a bit more hourly. But I guess I can't complain because our commission structure is unreal.
Pros
Great money, great medical benefits, great management
Toxic work environment but potential for good money
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2019
This job is cutthroat. You have to meet sales quota or get penalized.

The customers are the ones who suffer, I've seen employees do their best to Deny Customers Refunds and commiting fraud to get customers approved

Pay is great when things are good, but only if you make your sales and commission. If not, watch out for management.

There is a lot of gossip that goes around and backstabbing in order to get commission
Pros
Potential for good money
Cons
Toxic work environment
Solid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Picckering, ON7 January 2019
Solid place for a person looking to excel in a sales focused career. Excellent place for people with low confidence looking to add more confidence, self- esteem, and social skills.
Stressful and not what was expected
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2019
Stressful and fast-pace environment to work and diverse. You have to teach yourself how to get things done. Ever day is different. There are high expectations.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario16 December 2018
Teamwork is key here, working closely with tight groups and taking care of the customer. The company really sets you up for success with future opportunities and pays well.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
Work life balance
Be Aware
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 December 2018
This is a company which does pay well and include great benefits but that is all. Everything else about it is corrupted starting with the upper management all the way down to the store managers. Lots of turnover and lots of movement. Job security is very hard. You can be a great employee, but at any given moment the company can turn its back on you. If I was looking into the telecom industry I would think twice before working for a company like Wireless Wave which doesn't value it's staff like they should be. Overall, only glad I worked there for the money, helped me pay off my BMW payments, but other than that, never again.
Good Place to work with lucrative benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2018
Commission structure makes you want to work harder to make sales. Target focused company that expects you to go 150% to make sure you can attain 150%.
Pros
good commission
Cons
stressful when not achieving targets
excellent pay with benefits
Wireless Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 September 2018
a job that puts your sales skill to the test, but do well and you will be paid. their commission structure truly allows you to build what you make with your efforts.
Pros
high commission
Cons
long hours. high stress
Relaxing but boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS30 August 2018
I liked working there and the money was good but when sales got tough the job could get mentally exhausting. Easy money at times. Very good work like balance,
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2018
Great place to work. Very good benefit and flexible schedule. I like the culture that there are many stores in this company in Bc, so that we can always meet new people in the company event and learn more from each other.
Very Bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2018
they make the worst people managers sometimes. Sometimes was not paid for my shifts fully and i learnt it was only happening at my location. Very furious with how I was treated.
Pressures employees to sell too hard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia26 July 2018
The workplace culture is great, however, it is a sales driven environment and you will be unable to keep your job if you do not hit their second commission plateau system monthly. Their plateau system also inspires employees to commit fraud and alter customer identification so that they can get approved.

The company also invests way too much of its money into training associates to be sales people and now how plans and devices work so that they may accurately quote customers the right information.
Pros
monthly rate plan discounts, accessory discounts
Cons
comission system, unrealistic goals
Challenging
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 July 2018
the culture was not entirely there
everyone was trying their hardest to up sell for more commission
doing whats best for the customer is frowned on but i get it, its just business
pulling traffic in was the easiest part.
Great pay that's it tho
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario27 June 2018
The commission is unmatched in the industry...I give them that. Other than that awful. Depends on who your manager is tho, I had one good one and the replacement was just awful. Was let go for sales even tho people I was outselling weren't let go...all politics there.
Pros
salary
Cons
everything
Great people to work with
Sales Associate | Future leader Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
Great people to work with, lots To learn, supplies all the sales tools and support required to become successful. Amazing pay if you put in the hours and dedication. Keep at mind due to the company being owned by rogers and bell, and their sub companies there are many changes to the companies structures.
sales sales sales
Sales Representative - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga12 March 2018
if you cannot show your numbers you will be penalized, there was a lot of training but they lacked the time and effort to groom employees to succeed.
though i enjoyed my time there my time spent at work would usually not end just after 8 hours work follows you home.
thats just the nature of the beast when you are dealing with customers who just bought a new device and have your direct contact to ask any questions.
Pros
money
Cons
stress
Productive and fun enviroment to be around
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
Great place to work good co workers .. hourly rate and commission was Great ! Days were kind of slow but at time when the mall picked up our sales did as well and it was a great experience to interact with costumer and their needs
Day in the life
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS31 January 2018
Very repetitive. Mainly keeping up-to-date with new deals in the cell phone Industry, but grew stagnant quickly. Not a lot of challenging and thought-provoking work.
Decent company but not much Work/Life Balance
Sales (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS16 January 2018
You can make a lot of money if you are shark. The give you plenty of classroom training however not much in-store training.
Work/Life balance in pretty much non-existent as you are commission plus hourly.
If you can hit your sales goals every month you will keep your job and most likely will be promoted.
Pros
Benefits, Commission plus hourly pay, classroom training courses
Cons
Fairly high sales goals, very low work/life balance, knowledge that you are always replaceable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WIRELESSWAVE. Our community is ready to answer.