WIRELESS etc... Employee Reviews

Amazing career opportunity!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2018
- Best compensation plan in the industry
- Trip incentive and amazing benefits package
- Healthy competition within the region
- You are part of a large team. It doesn't stop to your own store. We all work together coast to coast
- It's a work environment where everyone care about everyone's success.
Pros
You get compensate for the effort you put in
Cons
You need to be open to take challenges and not making excuses!
Extremely well compensated position with great culture
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Canada9 November 2018
If you are dedicated you have a lot of chances for advancement. The targets are high but easily obtainable with the support given. Great training programs and managment that coaches to help, not to harm.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Horrible Industry, Worse employer.
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canada10 July 2018
You will receive zero support from your district management, so if you need assistance from anyone ranked higher than your store manager you are SOL. The rate plans you will be selling are constantly increasing in price without any added benefits. Your sales goals are attainable, but hitting them will not be good enough. They also refuse to provide references.
Pros
Decent wage if you don't mind giving up your family life
Cons
No support, no appreciation.
Unique Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 September 2017
Working at WirelessETC was a great experience. The atmosphere, team, managers, district managers, and everything else was great. As someone who has sold cellphones and other mobile devices for most of his sales career, WirelessETC will always remain my favorite. Their compensation structure is 2nd to none and because you're in a Costco, you're not getting regular retail customers. You're getting Costco members. Building relationships and meeting multiple business owners/execs is an everyday part of the job. When you're making a great impression helping these people out, they will bring referrals to you. This job gives you the chance to really get paid out on your hard work. I didn't feel any greediness from my coworkers at all. We all always helped out each other and had a gentleman's agreement when it came to sales. We could trust each other. There are always great contests and management really takes care of you. Not just your normal manager, but those above. You do have to stand all day so it is important to invest in shoes that are good for your health and comfy. It is also important to note it will get crazy busy come holiday season. Be prepared to grind non-stop for hours at a time. And if you're not prepared to give it your all, then you are not taking advantage of the phenomenal opportunity given to you. In the holidays when I was working constantly for many hours, I didn't have much of a job/life balance. But as someone with no children I didn't mind working all those extra hours. Be prepared to go above and beyond for all your clients and if you're lucky enough to  more... be hired at this place, make sure you show how grateful you are for the opportunity.  less
Pros
Great benefits, Great people, Amazing pay, Inside a Costco
Cons
(completely subjective) long hours
Terible Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB3 June 2016
Mangers don't stand by there people and back stab at the first opportunity and don't care for anyone but themselves.

the amount of trouble you get for the wage isn't worth it
Cons
Mangers
Good but not amazing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 February 2016
So this should actually be WoW! Mobile Boutique

That said, sales are sales and I enjoyed myself for the most part. The manager was new but he can be excused some of his missteps because there was no training and he had no experience. Everyone needs to start somewhere, and he shouldn't have been thrown in without training.

The location was slower than I liked but it was a nice place while I remained.

Once the manager is better I might suggest people try it at least as an entry level sales environment
Pros
I'm good with people so my sales were high
Cons
commison base wasn't as good as previous sales jobs, and the manager was inexperienced with people
Supportive team environment
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC13 October 2014
Fellow employees always available to help others who are still learning even when they have days off. Good training programs and employee incentives. Open door management. Most difficult part is keeping up with all of the technology and changing plans. Most enjoyable when everyone on your store team is having fun while working making the atmosphere attractive to anyone.
Fun but upper Management were not helpful
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fredericton2 June 2014
Overall when I worked for this company it was good. Friendly team and the warehouse environment is good. However I must say that the upper Management team did not care enough about their staff. It is a highly competitive sales environment so the main focus is on sales. Moving up in the company is not easy and great talents tend to be overlooked by sales volume. Overall good, but not a life option.
Pros
Friendly team, good pay and the schedule isn't bad
Cons
Upper Management doesn't care enough about employees
Challenging Industry
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Ajax, Ontario, Canada10 March 2014
A typical day at work is challenging in the sense that the stream of information changes daily and hourly sometimes. The cost of goods is market driven and so being on top of the information flow is key and delivering this information to my staff is fundamental to their ability to sell the products. It is my responsibility along with my staff to keep a clean and organized work environment.
We all have sales quotas that are to be met on a daily basis as well as monthly quotas are to be acheived.
Good Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 April 2013
Overall I had a great experience working here. I learned a lot about myself including he fact that I can work well alone but shine in a team environment. I was always helping out my co workers and every customer I came into contact with. I wish the schedule was a little more flexible to suit my extra curricular activities and personal life affairs but sacrifices were met. I found that less attention was given by levels up upper management and many positive things I've done for the overall upkeep and efficiency of the company was overlooked or not taken into consideration. Apart from that it was a great time I enjoye myself.
Pros
work environment
Cons
work schedule