WIRELESS etc.
WIRELESS etc. / SANS-FIL etc.

WIRELESS etc. Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
Featured review
WIRELESS etc. selected this as a representative review
- Best compensation plan in the industry
- Trip incentive and amazing benefits package

- Healthy competition within the region

- You are part of a large team. It doesn't stop to your own store. We all work together coast to coast

- It's a work environment where everyone care about everyone's success.
Pros
You get compensate for the effort you put in
Cons
You need to be open to take challenges and not making excuses!
You make the amount of work you put in which is rewarding, and motivating.

Advancement is excellent within the company as they offer plenty of training and only advance within.

Job security is there if you hit your numbers. Having to hit certain protection plan plateaus can be difficult some months based on the demographic; however they offer coaching if you look for it.

There are busy months and slow months. It is important to take things one step at a time in busy times, and not rush sales. In slow months it is important to show value, and dig for the best option for members. If sales are just not there, the pressure and manor of which higher ups go after it can be frustrating. Especially when coaching is not consistent. Managers sometimes only care about their own sales, when their plateaus are smaller, instead of focussing to grow their employees.

Many times work life balance is not there. They expect you to stay for hours beyond your shift, if it is busy, come in on days off, support when there is staff shortage, do in person work meetings and calls on your days off at short notice. They expect more and more, but there is also good vacation time, flexibility with shifts and access to your phone at work.

Overall this is an excellent career, and I have grown a lot in my personal and work life because of it. We have a great team of employees and have a lot of fun at work!
Great job opportunity for creating your salary. Room for advancement. Great support for learning and development team and leaders of the store. Fast paced and meet interesting members
Wireless etc has changed my life completely. A goal driven company that recognizes success through its compensation as well as overall growth. Being with the company for about a year I have already experienced growth in the company and a whole district that supported me to get to that goal. It’s a great feeling to wake up and know you have the power to make change in a members life day to day
Not bad to work at, the pay was not worth working more than necessary. No benefits or reasons to improve in the company but good as a first job to get experience.
Management was difficult to work with, had unrealistic expectations and were not supportive with accomplishing goals. Focused on stores doing well and not those that need help.
Official response from WIRELESS etc.
25 June 2020
We appreciate your candid feedback. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Our talented sales teams work hard and get rewarded for their great work.

Your feedback regarding management is not taken lightly and will be considered by the leadership team. We strive to set up every employee for success through coaching, training, and recognition. We invite you to share your specific concerns directly with our Human Resources team.

Thanks,

HR Team
If you are dedicated you have a lot of chances for advancement. The targets are high but easily obtainable with the support given. Great training programs and managment that coaches to help, not to harm.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
The commission structure is pretty good. They cycle through management often, there isn't much room for growth. It is a great part-time gig to make pretty good money
Very good people to work with, some stores do better then others aka have more traffic and sales, you have great benefits, great bonuses, sometimes poor management gets in the way of some staff.
You will receive zero support from your district management, so if you need assistance from anyone ranked higher than your store manager you are SOL. The rate plans you will be selling are constantly increasing in price without any added benefits. Your sales goals are attainable, but hitting them will not be good enough. They also refuse to provide references.
Pros
Decent wage if you don't mind giving up your family life
Cons
No support, no appreciation.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at WIRELESS etc.?
Working at WirelessETC was a great experience. The atmosphere, team, managers, district managers, and everything else was great. As someone who has sold cellphones and other mobile devices for most of his sales career, WirelessETC will always remain my favorite. Their compensation structure is 2nd to none and because you're in a Costco, you're not getting regular retail customers. You're getting Costco members. Building relationships and meeting multiple business owners/execs is an everyday part of the job. When you're making a great impression helping these people out, they will bring referrals to you. This job gives you the chance to really get paid out on your hard work. I didn't feel any greediness from my coworkers at all. We all always helped out each other and had a gentleman's agreement when it came to sales. We could trust each other. There are always great contests and management really takes care of you. Not just your normal manager, but those above. You do have to stand all day so it is important to invest in shoes that are good for your health and comfy. It is also important to note it will get crazy busy come holiday season. Be prepared to grind non-stop for hours at a time. And if you're not prepared to give it your all, then you are not taking advantage of the phenomenal opportunity given to you. In the holidays when I was working constantly for many hours, I didn't have much of a job/life balance. But as someone with no children I didn't mind working all those extra hours. Be prepared to go above and beyond for all your clients and if you're lucky enough to - more...
Pros
Great benefits, Great people, Amazing pay, Inside a Costco
Cons
(completely subjective) long hours
I worked there for a little more than a year and I learned to appreciate the job culture and the way the company motivates you. I also in overall had a good time with my coworkers, great people.
Pros
There is almost always movement
Cons
Small both
Worked in a company that handles business relations with the four major
corporate phone providers. Provided customers with the best deals possible,

completed all required paperwork and handled all contract agreements. Dealt with customer issues and resolved in a timely manner, giving out the best service possible. Reached the monthly sales quotas and brought the store to 3th place in the District of Montreal.
Pros
Flexible hours, great pay, love interacting with new clients ever day
Cons
Long Hours during holiday season
Mangers don't stand by there people and back stab at the first opportunity and don't care for anyone but themselves.

the amount of trouble you get for the wage isn't worth it
Cons
Mangers
So this should actually be WoW! Mobile Boutique

That said, sales are sales and I enjoyed myself for the most part. The manager was new but he can be excused some of his missteps because there was no training and he had no experience. Everyone needs to start somewhere, and he shouldn't have been thrown in without training.

The location was slower than I liked but it was a nice place while I remained.

Once the manager is better I might suggest people try it at least as an entry level sales environment
Pros
I'm good with people so my sales were high
Cons
commison base wasn't as good as previous sales jobs, and the manager was inexperienced with people
Fellow employees always available to help others who are still learning even when they have days off. Good training programs and employee incentives. Open door management. Most difficult part is keeping up with all of the technology and changing plans. Most enjoyable when everyone on your store team is having fun while working making the atmosphere attractive to anyone.
Overall when I worked for this company it was good. Friendly team and the warehouse environment is good. However I must say that the upper Management team did not care enough about their staff. It is a highly competitive sales environment so the main focus is on sales. Moving up in the company is not easy and great talents tend to be overlooked by sales volume. Overall good, but not a life option.
Pros
Friendly team, good pay and the schedule isn't bad
Cons
Upper Management doesn't care enough about employees
A typical day at work is challenging in the sense that the stream of information changes daily and hourly sometimes. The cost of goods is market driven and so being on top of the information flow is key and delivering this information to my staff is fundamental to their ability to sell the products. It is my responsibility along with my staff to keep a clean and organized work environment.
We all have sales quotas that are to be met on a daily basis as well as monthly quotas are to be acheived.
Overall I had a great experience working here. I learned a lot about myself including he fact that I can work well alone but shine in a team environment. I was always helping out my co workers and every customer I came into contact with. I wish the schedule was a little more flexible to suit my extra curricular activities and personal life affairs but sacrifices were met. I found that less attention was given by levels up upper management and many positive things I've done for the overall upkeep and efficiency of the company was overlooked or not taken into consideration. Apart from that it was a great time I enjoye myself.
Pros
work environment
Cons
work schedule