Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Wipro:

Wipro Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Edmonton, AB25 reviews
Wipro is a fair place to work. The environment is friendly and inviting.The hours are respectable which allow for a cooperative work area. The benefits are good.
I worked at the company Wipro acquired when they moved in to Canada. From day one the culture changed from helping our clients and providing service to increasing profits above all else. Lay offs started after the 1st quarter. Wipro was getting rid of Canadian employees as fast as they could to move the jobs and roles to staff in India. Over the two years I worked for them I saw lay offs multiple times a year. Quality of service decrease. An increase demand to go above and beyond for nothing extra.
Pros
Cons
Everything else.
This is an Indian company. If you have been here for a long time, they will lay you off and bring someone from India to replace you. Interview process is garbage. They hire people with no or poor IT skills/knowledge for an IT position. No salary increase, no chances for promotion. Some of them have been there for 5 years or 10 years and have the same position and salary. HR support is useless. Always have issues with payroll or benefits and they are no help.
Wipro overall is a very good company,It was very happy working in wirpro for last 10 years. I started my carrier with project engineer, progress to Project Lead position, where I handled team of 18 people and then came to onsite through Wipro for another account..
The job itself is straight forward, great co-workers to help you every step of the way. The benefits are really good. However, management is really bad. There are very often disagreements with employees and management, employees are not heard and concerns poorly addressed. The equipment is old and inefficient. IT support is terrible. One day at work is more stressing about nothing working than doing the job itself. No employee is truly happy about the company and many qualified employees have left. A lot of improvement strongly needed.
Wipro provides good benefits and a safe work environment, but everything else is pretty bad from management, to equipment, to IT support, to work atmosphere. I have not met a single employee who was fully happy to work for the company and woukd not leave if another opportunity presented itself.
Professional IT company, friendly working environment.
4 years of incompetent management has resulted in layoffs of 80% of staff, outsourcing and a collapse of sales. Client relations has been destroyed, and the company in on the verge of closing
It is a nice place to work for everybody. For students it is very nice as they schedule them according to school schedule and it is very calm you can study at work.
Pros
Everything is awesome
Cons
Maybe the short breaks
Place for good learning experience
Provides an opportunity to take informed decisions

Good leadership to support your ideas and thoughts

Slightly hectic work schedule
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wipro?
Good company to work for and provides lots of opportunities for people who takes ownership and additional responsibilities. However, there is an opportunity for lots of training to their employees on latest trends
Wipro in Canada was an acquisition by Wipro, from ATCO. Wipro may have expected that they could transplant Indian culture into Alberta, but they were sadly mistaken. Edmonton is not Bangalore. Few Albertans are prepared to sell their souls to the company.
Over the 5 and a half years, I learned a lot about provisioning user access in Windows and Exchange environments.

I enjoy working with my coworkers and contribute to our team. I enjoy troubleshooting and problem solving to provide solutions to clients.
Pros
Enjoy working with my coworkers
Cons
No job security and no opportunity to grow as most positions are offshored to India.
Job not stable, lack of training, poor management, bad workplace culture.

The company kept lying to clients and employees, NOT recommended for all the people
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Training, Culture, almost everything
I work 7am - 430pm daily great working hours.
My management team is great and I wokr well with them.

Office are located in Toronto , Calgary and Edmonton
Good to work in a culture where there is lots of scope to learn latest technology. Decent salary and work hours.Help and advises from top management whenever required.
Pros
Trainings and friendly management
Cons
No additional benefits for working in weekends
There are lot of opportunities to handle new projects and develop new skills. Also there are opportunities to work with professionals across the globe where Wipro company is located.
My time here at Wipro has been a challenge. It's time for me to move on because the culture has shifted the way the day to day operations are handled.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Limited Staff to do the work
Bad management, Politics and non performance with delay in project is a common phenomena in Wipro culture. There are lot of unhappy employee still working here due to the above factor. Many Good and talented people left Canada Wipro office due to this factor, On the other side wipro pays averagely good salary with limited benefits.
Pros
Very good atco itek employee, avergaely good perks and benefits
Cons
bad management, politics and non performer
The host organization treated the IT provider as a "supplier", not a true "partner", despite the 10 year deal that was done. This made relations difficult and always centered around "price". Difficult to build trust, despite the heroic efforts being undertaken.

Long term outsourcing deals rely on the promise that things will be "better, faster, cheaper" with new IT provider. After nearly 3 years, I wonder if the promise has actually been delivered to the host organization from the previous inhouse IT provider.
Pros
Benefits, good colleagues
Cons
Chaotic work environment, hostile Clients, poor communication, overload of corporate emails/info
Wipro is new to Canada and hoping to break into the market in the US. They are an Indian IT company and some of the culture is a little different than what we normally are used to.
Not too bad though.