Wipro

Working at Wipro: Employee Reviews

Canada173 reviews

Found 173 reviews matching the searchSee all 15,611 reviews
canadaindiatechnologyprojectcolleaguesalaryclientculture

Work is good but poor management

I was working in Wipro Pune India. They have good projects to learn varying technologies. But the HR is not cooperative and very strict in out timings. Micro management if you don't fill your timesheets, your working hours are not complete. However good on site opportunities.

Pros

Good work opportunities

Cons

Long working hours, micro management

No Productivity and no Fun

A typical a day at work will be the hardest part of the job is assigned to like setting up the new monitor for upgradation and the technical part where you are learning somethings are assigned to the senior employees.

Insights into Wipro

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager

confused company

People with the loudest voices rule the roost. Lack of engagement between managers and their teams. Lack of direction except for profit and revenue targets.

Can do better for assignments

Good client to work for with good projects, assignments change with time good management remote for COVID may need to relocate after COVID based on client location

Good projects to work on, Work Life Balance

Good projects to work on, Work Life Balance but being a global organisation visibilty of your work takes little more time. Offer oppurtunities for new projects, collabaration is one area that is not part of teams rather you have to carve this with your interpersonal skills

Overall in simple words

My thoughts are specific to Canadian region. I cannot talk for overall organization level, as I had no exposure. Save yourself some mental stress if you're are in a mid to senior role. No directions, no one in the management knows what the roadmap, except revenue. Good for beginners in Canada.

Productive and less recongsation. Not verry stressful

Very good company and be prepared to do anything. Proactively working staff and very helpful.It will be good have a team lead and depemds on the manager

Pros

Not stresfull

Cons

Less pay and hike

Management was toxic to one another, but within team we were all good.

Management cares more about there friendship than actual work employee does in office. Literally could come hour(s) late and just talk on phone/shop online then go home early. This is not to be rascist either, but If you come from India background then you can get along very easy with higher up management.

Pros

Fun and learned alot once I understood who to talk to for help

Cons

So much toxicity when I joined between different teams and managers.

Interesting workplace

Workplace where you have time for learning new skills.When working with their clients, be aware that if the contract stops, you will be put in hold till you have another contract, and sometimes this situation can stay a little long.

Pros

Free internal training

Good Place to Work

Company will give you training in new areas, also will give opportunity to work in different domains. It have defined process for advancement and transparent

Not productive

Wipro is only about favoritism, only people can survive who lick there boses. Not organize at all. Company has no seneority rule, its only basis of who they like or dislike.

Pros

Decent pay, benefits

Cons

Do too many things for free.

Good place to try different career path and grow

Company has changed dramatically since the last decade. Good for rookies to start with. Don't expect profit sharing like other companies since those are going to society as donations. You get a sense of pride when our chairman does that. Talent transformation(Training) is strong here

Pros

Tons of servicelines and doesnt shy from exploring new technologies and market. .

Cons

Work life balance and loyalty to experienced folks. No profit sharing.

overall good place

GOod place to work. New things to learn, collaborative work culture. Nice projects, technology exposure. good culture good people good management overall good compensation

Wipro Canada is all about off shoring work to India

I worked at the company Wipro acquired when they moved in to Canada. From day one the culture changed from helping our clients and providing service to increasing profits above all else. Lay offs started after the 1st quarter. Wipro was getting rid of Canadian employees as fast as they could to move the jobs and roles to staff in India. Over the two years I worked for them I saw lay offs multiple times a year. Quality of service decrease. An increase demand to go above and beyond for nothing extra.

Pros

Cons

Everything else.

Productive and learning environment .

It was a pleasure working with Wipro as i gained a lot of things related to my technologies and my personal experiences . i can't enumerate all of them but in a summary i'd say i had a good phase with Wipro.

Terrible management

This is an Indian company. If you have been here for a long time, they will lay you off and bring someone from India to replace you. Interview process is garbage. They hire people with no or poor IT skills/knowledge for an IT position. No salary increase, no chances for promotion. Some of them have been there for 5 years or 10 years and have the same position and salary. HR support is useless. Always have issues with payroll or benefits and they are no help.

The worst experience in my life!

There is only one boss who is the sole speaker at meetings and screams at everyone for no reasons. Horrible work culture as an Indian company in Canada who doesn't understand they have to adapt to the environment! Forget about work/life balance if you work here. You are expected to be an IT agent not a himan being with personal life/emotion. Only one HR for all Canadian employees who never answers your calls or emails.

One of my Excellent Work Experience

Since Wipro was my First company and i have enjoyed every day of my life while working with Wipro Technologies. It will be pleasure for me to join Wipro back and get chance to provide my services again. Thank you for all the supports.

Nice ambience

Loving campus and colleagues. Learned sap, ms office Attended many training sessions which improve ourself Will suggest to anyone who want to learn while working

fair place to work

Wipro is a fair place to work. The environment is friendly and inviting.The hours are respectable which allow for a cooperative work area. The benefits are good.

IT services company

Lot of opportunities but need self efforts to get those. Very difficult to get promotion in higher bands. Low cost resource gets priority. Global presence is good. Technology change is big challenge because nobody provides opportunity in newly learned technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wipro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement