WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION

WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews

Perfect place to work.

It was a really good place to work. The management and the co-workers were really friendly and helpful . The salary was good. The hardest and at the same time the most enjoyable part of the job was the students.

Great pay, benefits, and pension... just couldnt stand the head caretaker

I worked there 7 years... I got tons of overtime... the money was good... the work was good... most of the people were good... I just couldn't stand my "boss" at the school... the "head caretaker"... to be fair he wasn't 100% the reason I left... but he definitely played a part... 7 years with that guy and I couldn't wait another year or 2 until he retired 😂🤷‍♂️

Pros

Wage pension benefits and workload

Cons

Old men that should have retired years ago and let a younger guy have a chance ☝

Depends on the school & administration.

I started 40 years ago on an emergency need as the original teachers in that program resigned before December. Therefore, my WSD interview was one to one but I’ve experienced interviews with groups of staff settings in other divisions and prefer the WSD process. This INDEED QUESTIONAIRE ONLY focuses on the school division in general. Most teachers only have time to work in their position. The success & satisfaction you achieve relates to your strong/positive/supportive communication with both staff & good administrators who promote your flexibility for mobility or change because it’s a good administration who advocate for you and a staff who will support eachother. (And I’m not saying Pandering to admin but rather that truth, honesty & diplomacy are essential) This has allowed me to initiate, and start new special programming. Advancement does not change salary, your own educational credentials establish your salary category.

Pros

Pending admin; flexibility, creativity to implement a curriculum GUIDE; Pending Staff- communication, support

Cons

Long hours & job stress, intensity of involvement is depends on the you

Pretty good

As time moves on, of course job placement and duties changed. I enjoyed the majority of my tenure but there were certainly days I didn't like my job. That's normal, wherever. Time for younger blood and for me to change employment, simply because 25 years is a long time! To this day; it remains a good work placement.

Pros

shorter hours

Cons

seasonal layoffs

job security

just do your job properly and youll be safe and secured. there are only few workers who are lazy, grumpy and wise in the sense that they will not do their work properly on friday and will be absent on monday, and surely the person who will do his job as ot will have hard time.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

there are few workers who are kazy, grumpy and wise

challenging yet rewarding

Its challenging at the beginning however if your are on the field and get used to everyday work, you enjoy your job especially if your colleagues are welcoming everyone, equal and no discrimination.

Work at your own risk

It takes a very long time to advance to permanent. And a car is required to sub. Sometimes a term shift is offered then cancelled after the first day.

great place to work,

working in WSD was a good experience of my life, the majority of people working there are nice. Fun to work in nice relax enviornment. the management was good too.

Productive and Fun Workplace

They Taught me how to use all the machines and Great teachers that practice safety and work habits. I also loved their sense of humour and always served pizza.

Hey are good company to work to work for

I’ve enjoyed working for the Winnipeg school division. I’ve learnt new and different programs in various positions. My overall rating is high. I’ve also worked in different positions.

Productive workplace

being based in a school division, there is a great importance placed on children care. keeping that in mind, I found this a pleasurable place to work.

Fast-paced yet relaxed, extrememly supportive staff.

I worked as a Summer Custodial Assistant while I was in grade 11 and 12 of high school. The work was tough, but it was very active and fun, especially with all of the different school's custodial staff! Each day ends with a job well done!

Community Support Worker

I was at the same school for 28 years, in WSD for almost 32 years. I enjoyed working with the families, staff and colleagues from other schools. The position of a Community Support Worker is a very hard job. I enjoyed the challenges, meeting people and learning new skills as needed. I’m very thankful for working in the Division for my employment years. Now looking for something new to challenge me!

it was busy and on my feet for the entire day.loved it!

I was an educational assistant for 10 years and it was an amazing 10 years. I left to pursue the addictions and mental health field. I am not wanting to go further into this description

Two years ago, i was at a elementary school Victoria Abert ,the principal and secretary was horrible.

I liked school jobs Most of their principals and secretary are racist I enjoyed working with adults and children 30 minutes recess during winter time is to much. It hard to get full time positions

Very good place to work

Very good benefits and work environment. Steady hours and great for someone with a family. A great group of educators working. A great learning environment.

knowledge about building operation

I enjoyed working as a head caretaker at Winnipeg School Division.I am in my 13th years with WSD#1. There has been good times and bad times have been seeing the students grow up and come back in September with their children starting school. As a Head Caretaker i have seen school that it is becoming worse or less successful when it comes to cleaning of schools. The most enjoyable part of the job is good pay, great experience, amazing people and good benefits. The hardest part of the job is wake up early, hard work. Work in both cold and Heat. I've learned as a Head Caretaker my responsibility is to ensure the buildings are well- maintained safe, secure and clean. Carrying out day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs.

Bloated bureaucracy

The entire organization needs to be dismantled. From the board of trustees to HR to the administration team, there isn’t a single department that doesn’t need at least 50 percent of its staff laid off. The one departmental exception is their team of consultants. This department needs to be closed down in its entirety. Not one individual is useful. Just a whole lot of busy work foisted on an unwilling workforce.

Love the diversity of students and staŕf!!

Love working with my students and watching them grow. Able to have a different experience each day with my students. Working at DMCI is a great experience, the staff are a wonderful team.

very friendly and hard working person.

Friendly, a good problem solver, hardworking, trustworthy, empathetic, and I have an unwavering positive attitude. very friendly and hard working person.

Great organization

Lots of opportunities for change and advancement. Great people to work with. Goal is to improve the lives of students. Lots of opportunities for professional development.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3