WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION

WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews

Canada68 reviews
Its challenging at the beginning however if your are on the field and get used to everyday work, you enjoy your job especially if your colleagues are welcoming everyone, equal and no discrimination.
It takes a very long time to advance to permanent. And a car is required to sub. Sometimes a term shift is offered then cancelled after the first day.
working in WSD was a good experience of my life, the majority of people working there are nice. Fun to work in nice relax enviornment. the management was good too.
They Taught me how to use all the machines and Great teachers that practice safety and work habits. I also loved their sense of humour and always served pizza.
I’ve enjoyed working for the Winnipeg school division. I’ve learnt new and different programs in various positions. My overall rating is high. I’ve also worked in different positions.
being based in a school division, there is a great importance placed on children care. keeping that in mind, I found this a pleasurable place to work.
I worked as a Summer Custodial Assistant while I was in grade 11 and 12 of high school. The work was tough, but it was very active and fun, especially with all of the different school's custodial staff! Each day ends with a job well done!
I was at the same school for 28 years, in WSD for almost 32 years. I enjoyed working with the families, staff and colleagues from other schools. The position of a Community Support Worker is a very hard job. I enjoyed the challenges, meeting people and learning new skills as needed. I’m very thankful for working in the Division for my employment years. Now looking for something new to challenge me!
I was an educational assistant for 10 years and it was an amazing 10 years. I left to pursue the addictions and mental health field.
I am not wanting to go further into this description
I liked school jobs
Most of their principals and secretary are racist

I enjoyed working with adults and children

30 minutes recess during winter time is to much.

It hard to get full time positions
Very good benefits and work environment. Steady hours and great for someone with a family. A great group of educators working. A great learning environment.
I enjoyed working as a head caretaker at Winnipeg School Division.I am in my 13th years with WSD#1. There has been good times and bad times have been seeing the students grow up and come back in September with their children starting school. As a Head Caretaker i have seen school that it is becoming worse or less successful when it comes to cleaning of schools.
The most enjoyable part of the job is good pay, great experience, amazing people and good benefits.

The hardest part of the job is wake up early, hard work. Work in both cold and Heat.

I've learned as a Head Caretaker my responsibility is to ensure the buildings are well- maintained safe, secure and clean. Carrying out day-to-day maintenance and minor repairs.
The entire organization needs to be dismantled. From the board of trustees to HR to the administration team, there isn’t a single department that doesn’t need at least 50 percent of its staff laid off. The one departmental exception is their team of consultants. This department needs to be closed down in its entirety. Not one individual is useful. Just a whole lot of busy work foisted on an unwilling workforce.
Professional, active, fast pace, long personal hours to effectively meet students needs and learning outcomes. Love of profession is evident daily !!!
Love working with my students and watching them grow. Able to have a different experience each day with my students. Working at DMCI is a great experience, the staff are a wonderful team.
Friendly, a good problem solver, hardworking, trustworthy, empathetic, and I have an unwavering positive attitude. very friendly and hard working person.
Lots of opportunities for change and advancement. Great people to work with. Goal is to improve the lives of students. Lots of opportunities for professional development.
Winnipeg school Division is a good place to work if u have the opportunity,I had a great experience with Winnipeg school Division, I can work in any school that I want ,I also like been a casual their time and availability is flexible I can work any days that am available,their teachers are very good and the best, is just that is not easy to get permanent position.
It's a school to school basis. On a sub, term or permanent basis.
Sub to sub is hard particularly in the winter season, esp. in my case I take the transit as transport. It depends on the grade level you picked up or assigned. In my case, subbing was good for me because I got to work in 28 out 78 schools in the division and I got to work Nursery to Gr. 12 classes. But, it requires ( on my part,personally) research/ study so I can be ready to assist/tutor students as per gr. level.
Pros
No. Only during social committee hosted lunches or someone was kind enough
When there is an assembly and I have to prepare the student what they gonna have in the assembly. I learned to good in managing the students during the assembly. I talk to them ahead of time what attitude is expected during the assembly. I can work with student from different cultural background and I use to understand each of them. It is so hard when there are many adjustment and get ready to deal with different student with different attitudes. I enjoy working with the students when they are in need to work in the gym.
Pros
Fair treatment
Cons
Favouritism
Winnipeg school, supporting students with special needs with assignment, recess, and classroom setting activities. i also supervised students during recess
Pros
school
Cons
4 hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at WINNIPEG SCHOOL DIVISION. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2