Winnipeg Regional Health Authority

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Pay & benefits reviews

Canada136 reviews
Working with WRHA is great if you have the willingness to help other people and not just because you just want a good pay. No full time schedules but you can pick up extra hours if you wish. Benefits are not that great though.
Stressful at times but generally a good place to work. It is a steady income and the management team is helpful. Decent salary and benefits.I would recommend this job to other people.
Work within the health community, supporting clients with system navigation. Self Referral and Referral from other recourses.
My typical workday involves community development and health promotion.

Management is very supportive and involved when required. I enjoy the workplace and coworkers are wonderful and positive.

The most enjoyable part of my job is individual support to clients who require system support.

A very good place to work, Job security, benefits, and supportive workplace
one of the biggest staff complaints during last contract negotiation was high workloads. Since then, the WRHA has been I the midst of a company wide health care change. Everyone I know has had their already overextended workload DOUBLED or more. This trend seems to be increasing, not settling. Loved my job when I first started, but last few years have made it an extremely stressful, toxic environment to work in.
Pros
Decent salary, good vacation hours
Cons
unmanageable workloads
I worked for WRHA for 12 yrs when I got sick I received only short term benefits and when that was done I was only a number. They never asked if I could go back to light duties and just terminated my positions. Thanks WRHA
Pros
There r done
Cons
U have to take what theu give u if not your on the black book.
- Management is easy to communicate with.
- Since I go to school full time, being a casual employee here is very easy. They are very flexible.

- They train you very well

- Amazing co-workers
Pros
Good pay, Flexible casual hours
Cons
Working Nights
Staff are often given direction or rules that are contradictory, told to make decisions using their judgement and then staff are told they are in trouble and they should have followed the rules.
Very frustrating organization to work for.
Pros
Great pay and benefits are really comprehensive
Cons
Management/Government/PowersThatBe
I like working here. The salary and benefits are good. My coworkers and supervisor are supportive. Teamwork is very important in our work and it makes my job enjoyable.
This company is provincially funded and taxpayers are the ones paying the wages. Not much to choose from but still a decent place to work for in Canada.
Pros
Public Health pays Nurse IV wages
Cons
ER Nurses make Nurse II wages
supervisors are impossible to get a hold of.
expectations are high and managerial support are lacking, often not given enough time to complete tasks.

benefits are not great.
While home care does do great work they have cut down the time they allow us with clients and the travel time is too short.I always felt very rushed. Tho it is very nice when your clients say thank you and that they really appreciate your help
homecare work was too much, have to see lofs of client for a little time. Supervisors /RC are mean they smile in front of you but hhye are back stabbers. Benefits sucks for homecare workers. Cannot use as work refference supervisors in homecare wont even respond to a work reference.
Pros
Cons
Full of backstabbers especially RC
WRHA in Churchill gave me experience and hope in better future! My directors ,supervisors and managers was great team and always answered on my Questions and helped me if I had a problem! I learned so much in this 9 years ! I couldn’t speak English when I start in housekeeping,then cafeteria,daycare and finally I got job that I loved so much,Activities Worker at The LTC. Enjoyed working with elders and learned a lot from them! I hope go back to what I love doing and work for WRHA again in Winnipeg.
benefits
Best place to work. Enjoyed working as a homecare aide and healthcare aide as well. Good salary. Good benefits. Staff are friendly. Their yearly Christmas party celebration is something to look forward to. I really miss working at WRHA and it is my hope that I can be given a chance again to work there.
Great place to work. Lots of job security and pay is decent. Work here if you have the opportunity but be prepared for lots of travel and tough working conditions. Good health is required.
Salary is adequate, above average. WRHA is a corporation that does not seem too interested in their front-line workers and what they have to put up with within their own offices. Management plays favourites, is aware of gossiping and bullying and back stabbing but turns a blind eye to it. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the supervisory and management staff. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clients.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Management and supervisors
Great Place to Work .Good working environment but the work load is too much and it become stressful.Thats why there is so much turnover .People cant handle the stress given by the job
40 hours per week
affiliated with University of Manitoba

educational and research opportunities

tertiary neonatal intensive care unit

healthy work environment

secure job and great benefits
working there is good with a friendly environment even if the work is not light .. every body is a teamplayer. management is fair . Stable job and good hourly income .
Supportive, working environment. Management encourages independence. Flexible working hours. Reasonable pay, union benefits. Excellent training for every employ.
I had the internship here at ACCESS, Fort Garry, and working here is very good. I learnt a lot from here. People here are very nice and they are very helpful.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
Sometime I feel it very busy
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Reviews by Location