Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Pay & Benefits reviews

Management is not collaborative with staff
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2019
Staff are often given direction or rules that are contradictory, told to make decisions using their judgement and then staff are told they are in trouble and they should have followed the rules.
Very frustrating organization to work for.
Pros
Great pay and benefits are really comprehensive
Cons
Management/Government/PowersThatBe
Benefits and salary are good
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2019
I like working here. The salary and benefits are good. My coworkers and supervisor are supportive. Teamwork is very important in our work and it makes my job enjoyable.
One of the only companies that hire RN's in Winnipeg
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 October 2018
This company is provincially funded and taxpayers are the ones paying the wages. Not much to choose from but still a decent place to work for in Canada.
Pros
Public Health pays Nurse IV wages
Cons
ER Nurses make Nurse II wages
stressful
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2018
supervisors are impossible to get a hold of.
expectations are high and managerial support are lacking, often not given enough time to complete tasks.
benefits are not great.
Lots of work with very little time
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 September 2018
While home care does do great work they have cut down the time they allow us with clients and the travel time is too short.I always felt very rushed. Tho it is very nice when your clients say thank you and that they really appreciate your help
Ok but not worth to stay
Home Care Attendant/Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2018
homecare work was too much, have to see lofs of client for a little time. Supervisors /RC are mean they smile in front of you but hhye are back stabbers. Benefits sucks for homecare workers. Cannot use as work refference supervisors in homecare wont even respond to a work reference.
Pros
Cons
Full of backstabbers especially RC
Wondering work place with many Opportunities
Childcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Churchill, MB23 August 2018
WRHA in Churchill gave me experience and hope in better future! My directors ,supervisors and managers was great team and always answered on my Questions and helped me if I had a problem! I learned so much in this 9 years ! I couldn’t speak English when I start in housekeeping,then cafeteria,daycare and finally I got job that I loved so much,Activities Worker at The LTC. Enjoyed working with elders and learned a lot from them! I hope go back to what I love doing and work for WRHA again in Winnipeg.
benefits
homecare support
Home Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
Best place to work. Enjoyed working as a homecare aide and healthcare aide as well. Good salary. Good benefits. Staff are friendly. Their yearly Christmas party celebration is something to look forward to. I really miss working at WRHA and it is my hope that I can be given a chance again to work there.
Recommended
Dialysis Technologist (Current Employee) –  Manitoba31 May 2018
Great place to work. Lots of job security and pay is decent. Work here if you have the opportunity but be prepared for lots of travel and tough working conditions. Good health is required.
Not a great place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 May 2018
Salary is adequate, above average. WRHA is a corporation that does not seem too interested in their front-line workers and what they have to put up with within their own offices. Management plays favourites, is aware of gossiping and bullying and back stabbing but turns a blind eye to it. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the supervisory and management staff. Most enjoyable part of the job is the clients.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Management and supervisors
My team leader was a bully
In-Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
I can't review WRHA honestly because I didn't work directly for them. I was hired through someone else who worked for them, and unfortunately my experience was terrible. She was a bully who insisted I work hours that weren't optional for me, and would claim on payroll that she had worked hours that I had actually covered for her. In the end I left my position here because of this terrible supervisor.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything except the pay
The co-workers were great
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
Great pay,the benefits were lacking,no sick time and the hours not very good.The hardest part of the job was the early hours you started,most enjoyable was hearing the stories the elderly had to tell.The management was easy enough to get along with,just to many of them.I was surprised how little contact a lot of the elderly have with family and how important it was to them when we came to help them,sometimes being the only person they would see in a day. You have a list of names you see on a daily basis.You are given a certain amount of time to complete your visit with each person;if more time was needed management would be notified and would adjust your schedule.
Pros
could dress casually, no need for a uniform
Cons
split shifts
Great Place to Work
Scheduling Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2017
Great Place to Work .Good working environment but the work load is too much and it become stressful.Thats why there is so much turnover .People cant handle the stress given by the job
healthy enviorment
House staff (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg1 July 2017
40 hours per week
affiliated with University of Manitoba
educational and research opportunities
tertiary neonatal intensive care unit
healthy work environment
secure job and great benefits
production
Porter-Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2017
working there is good with a friendly environment even if the work is not light .. every body is a teamplayer. management is fair . Stable job and good hourly income .
supportive working environment
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 May 2017
Supportive, working environment. Management encourages independence. Flexible working hours. Reasonable pay, union benefits. Excellent training for every employ.
Busy, Learning, and a really fun workplace to work.
Internship-Primary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 February 2017
I had the internship here at ACCESS, Fort Garry, and working here is very good. I learnt a lot from here. People here are very nice and they are very helpful.
Pros
Long lunch break
Cons
Sometime I feel it very busy
Easy but Monotonous work.
Laundry aide II (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB29 June 2016
Easy work but it is repetitious. Standing in one spot for extended periods of time. Possibility of hazardous waste in the soiled area, and linen dust in the clean area.
Pros
Summertime Bar-B-Qs. Fun lunch period
Cons
Long standing in one spot. Noisy around the machines.
Excellent employer with an interest in their employees as well as a genuine positive regard for the patients and clients whom they care for.
Manager, Crisis Response Services (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 June 2016
Excellent benefits. Caring and compassionate employees who have a genuine positive regard for the people they care for. Opportunity for transferring within the Authority.
Very multicultural and generous
Health Care Aide (Nursing Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 December 2015
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority offers health services for family in needs.
One example I worked for was Home Care, I would travel from house to house taking care of patients, elderly, who aren't able to take care of themselves, and would have no one there to look out for them for the time being.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority doesn't discriminate on the type of client that is asking for help. It meets the clients needs and necessities, such as if the client was not very fluent in english, they would offer a worker who is fluent to speak in their language. WRHA doesn't discriminate against sexuality as well, but if the client perfers to have someone with the same gender, WHRA is more than willing to offer a worker for them.
Pros
Health Benifits
Cons
Some positions require a lot of gas usage