Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

Canada153 reviews

Overall good work culture with flexible hours.

Some departments are really fast paced. Though some decisions are made slowly due to beauriaucracy. Good work life balance and remote working options based on the role.

Fast paced and sometimes streasful

Can be stressful at times. Adding lots of clients in your schedule. But management give recognition if you're good at your job. You'll meet different clients and culture.

Insights into Winnipeg Regional Health Authority

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

not fun too much stress urban drug problems and lack of real core strategies from community members

management is not connected to stafflack of good or great leadersfew opportunities to get advancementno educational support for futhering educational requirements lack of real changes just alot of buzz words and in my opinion workers left to pursue other opportunities

Pros

working in open air offices for the city of winnipeg before it became the wrha

Cons

Lack of car allowance, regionalization, top heavy leadership not connected to workers

I have not worked here a very long time but I can say Staff are friendly and kind. My supervisors are really nice too. It is a good environment to learn and grow.

Pros

Friendly co workers

Cons

Govt bureaucracy

I hoped for more

I was always looking forward to wkrking for wrha and now that I have seen how they treat some of their staff I am not happy. Lower paid staff are disposable, they don't care if people get COVID, and aren't willing to accommodate.

Some great people benefits are nil but you don’t pay for them some offices have a toxic culture

Worked for the company just shy of 5 years. Started off great won’t get full time unless your there for a while or unless u snag an area no one wants. Lots of phone calls even if your off the clock they call and ur expected to answer. Lots of politics and toxicity in some of the offices you’ll notice the higher turnover rates. Lack of staffing so they’ll jam more people into your schedule. Overall it’s not bad if you like driving around all day and being on the phone clients can be quite challenging with not a lot of back up from upper management when you have an abusive one

Pros

Stability and freedom, unions decent and good out in the field workers

Cons

Takes a while to move up and work culture can be toxic, benefits suck

Great place to work and you do have supportive co workers and managment that is willing to help you. Schedule is very flexible also downside is work is based on senority

Pros

Co workers, free lunch

Cons

Senority

Relaxed place to work

I enjoyed my job but unfortunately my manager sucks, co workers were great, mostly independent. Most workers are scared to make mistakes cos they always wanna look good, a bit toxic

Used to be better working here but everything has become about numbers and making policies which don't take into account the front line workers

This used to an OK company to work for now communication only happens with certain employees by management while others are not told important changes to policy only to find out later. Those in leadership or management tend to be hired from outside the organization or have little experience while others are passed over or not granted an interview. The pandemic hasn't made any of this easier with people adopting their own policies around "working from home".

Pros

The salary is quite competitve, some genuinely good employees who care about the patients they serve

Cons

Incompetent managers, bad leadership, leadership rewards their friends and those with the same beliefs and culture as them, leadership lies about how decisions are made.

Staff were great

Found upper management took nepotism too far, filling important position with friends who were under qualified. This caused trouble in the general functionality of the workplace.

Pros

Stable hours - Monday to Friday

Cons

Extra unpaid hours, poor support from upper management.

Overworked and Underpaid

Poor Management, they really don’t have a clue what the staff deal with and don’t care about the clients. Their priorities are the little things you don’t do rather than the good you DO. Working 7-9 hrs and only getting paid for 5-7….no premiums for working evenings and lousy benefits !!!

Pros

None really…..private sector is better

Cons

Everything …..but helping clients is most rewarding

An excellent and proffessional place to work

It was great working there because they gave me my first job opportunity when I came to this country.To that effect i owe the company a debt of gratitude for the great opportunities I had while working there.I was able to develop good friendly interpersonal relationships with others from various culture and background.

Stressful and political

My biss was very political. Also every report I did I did not receive credit for it. We worked for an Indigenous department. The entire team was hard at times because of the lack of understanding of the culture and the communities.

Benefits

Cons

Political

No communication

Absolutely zero communication and it’s impossible to get full time employment which you need in order to make any money. Half the cheque is gone for union fees etc, you don’t make money unless you’re working full time so be prepared to work many years before you see any earnings.

It’s a job

A large entity gives you options to move but can be limiting due to circumstance. Working at different sites in different positions was challenging and rewarding but the messaging that comes from the executive level doesn’t seem to support inclusion, growth, equity. The pathway seems too narrow and the feel is like high school. Not all are of this mindset. There are great managers and directors there were also bad ones. Lost many colleagues with great skill and potential. Sadly the greatest compliment is to eliminate your supposed competition - employees or coworkers that do your job better - at any cost and squash what goes against you or the culture you promote. It gives benefits, stability-usually if that’s what you need then it’s for you. If you are looking for fulfilment and to change the world 🌎 don’t stay too long. This place will break you and that dream .

Pros

Building seniority, can move sites positions

Cons

Parking/Corporate Culture/Inequality in ethnicity for patients and employees

Scheduling clerk

Most stressful job i have ever had. Always short staff and home care workers. Expectations from manager is unreal.We come in early and leave late but still can finish our important task. A lot of backstabbing in that office. People test you when you are new just to see if they can walk over you or not. Mondays and Fridays are the worst days although everyday is crazy busy ( INSANE). WLRKE

Pros

Helping senors getting servcie

Cons

Stress, High expectations, No work/life balance, Pay

Great place to work.

Its a fulfilling job. There's possibility for advancement and appreciation for job well done. Job stability . Resource coordinator willing to assist whenever i need assistance

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Driving from place to place ( Home care)

Helpful and supportive team.

Spent my entire career with is same organization. Lots of room to advance and enhance education while on the job. It's a huge health care organization, but like a small town in a sense that you get to know everyone!

I absolutely adored my job. I hope to get a job just like this one again. I wouldn't have left. Communication is by far the worst aspect of this job.

Day care for staff with children

.Working on the frontline, the typical day depend on the schedule and the conditions of the clients. .I learned patience, empathy .Communication with management happen on daily basis .The patient interest comes first .The hardest part of the job is bear with patient suffering .The most enjoyable part of the job is to feel useful and be able to the difference in people life

Valuable working environment

As a new employee, there is a system of orientations to get familiar with the job contents. Team culture is quite standing out and employees are allowed to explore some new features to assist their jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement