Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

Management is not collaborative with staff
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2019
Staff are often given direction or rules that are contradictory, told to make decisions using their judgement and then staff are told they are in trouble and they should have followed the rules.
Very frustrating organization to work for.
Pros
Great pay and benefits are really comprehensive
Cons
Management/Government/PowersThatBe
Fast paced environment
Primary Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 April 2019
Very busy in the location I worked at. Some perks were the people I worked with were positive, upbeat and kept the work environment fun. The PCA's at my location were helpful and showed you a lot about the job. The hardest part of the job at that location, was dealing with some of the patients which would come in and be under the influence of drugs and alcohol and be very belligerent if you couldn't get them in to see the doctor right at that moment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of acceptance from your colleagues and the many lunches where we would have many laughs and kept the work place moral up.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Job Stability if you don't have seniority
Benefits and salary are good
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2019
I like working here. The salary and benefits are good. My coworkers and supervisor are supportive. Teamwork is very important in our work and it makes my job enjoyable.
Experienced Health Care AID
hca (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2019
Always with positive thinking, give the best of my knowledge to assist and support each of the clients under my care on shift, always followed the care plan agreed for each of them, Report to the case manager new condition or situations that require the attention of the agency , be always aware of the safety and well being of the person subject of care.
Very challenging and rewarding work.
Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 December 2018
I am always looking forward to meeting new clients and assists them depending on their needs and tasks assessed by the Case Coordinator. I have learned to deal with different kinds of people with different cultures and religion. The hardest part of the job is when the client can't speak English but as a worker, I was able to find a way to communicate with them through the body language and the use of technology. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I see the client happy for what I did.
i think is a great place to work.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2018
I think great place to work great culture great environment they treat me very well they are always friendly took pride in my work and I would be happy to work there again
excellent company
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 October 2018
Absolutely wonderful place to work, nurses, coworkers, supervisors, managers very communicative and supportive, enjoy my time there very much, sad i needed to leave for relocation.
Many different groups to collaborate with
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  300-5 Donald Street19 October 2018
I reviews purchase orders for hospitals and send them to vendors. I get to learn cost savings with freight and hospital items. I enjoy communicating with people and assisting end users with help when needed. Being comfortable with the position for a long time I don't see anything difficult about the job. However if I do stumble on a challenge and don't know the answer I know to ask questions to resolve it.
Pros
Paid Vacation
Cons
Being too stationary (sitting at the desk majority of the day)
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Manitoba18 October 2018
Great work place to work for and the team work is amazing and the management that works in this department really shows that they care about each and every staff member.
They go out there way to make sure all staff are up to date on training and management classes
One of the only companies that hire RN's in Winnipeg
Public Health Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 October 2018
This company is provincially funded and taxpayers are the ones paying the wages. Not much to choose from but still a decent place to work for in Canada.
Pros
Public Health pays Nurse IV wages
Cons
ER Nurses make Nurse II wages
Great experiences
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 October 2018
A place where you can always learn something new. Meet great people and make connections. Working independently in order to serve others in the community who need it the most.
A typical day at work
Special Constable (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 October 2018
Interacting with all cultures of life, sharing their paths to where ever they may lead. De escalating issues that lead to positive results. Empathetic feelings towards unruly individuals has brought me to see that people are not necessarily bad people but are struggling to cope with personal trauma and their is a light at the end of the tunnel.
stressful
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2018
supervisors are impossible to get a hold of.
expectations are high and managerial support are lacking, often not given enough time to complete tasks.
benefits are not great.
Lots of work with very little time
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 September 2018
While home care does do great work they have cut down the time they allow us with clients and the travel time is too short.I always felt very rushed. Tho it is very nice when your clients say thank you and that they really appreciate your help
Ok but not worth to stay
Home Care Attendant/Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2018
homecare work was too much, have to see lofs of client for a little time. Supervisors /RC are mean they smile in front of you but hhye are back stabbers. Benefits sucks for homecare workers. Cannot use as work refference supervisors in homecare wont even respond to a work reference.
Pros
Cons
Full of backstabbers especially RC
Wondering work place with many Opportunities
Childcare assistant (Former Employee) –  Churchill, MB23 August 2018
WRHA in Churchill gave me experience and hope in better future! My directors ,supervisors and managers was great team and always answered on my Questions and helped me if I had a problem! I learned so much in this 9 years ! I couldn’t speak English when I start in housekeeping,then cafeteria,daycare and finally I got job that I loved so much,Activities Worker at The LTC. Enjoyed working with elders and learned a lot from them! I hope go back to what I love doing and work for WRHA again in Winnipeg.
benefits
homecare support
Home Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2018
Best place to work. Enjoyed working as a homecare aide and healthcare aide as well. Good salary. Good benefits. Staff are friendly. Their yearly Christmas party celebration is something to look forward to. I really miss working at WRHA and it is my hope that I can be given a chance again to work there.
work place
Diet Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 June 2018
I enjoy working with the public and helping out when ever I can. Health care job security is very unstable. People who work for the WRHA are their to help, provide a friendly, prompt, and safe environmnet.
Pros
day
Cons
job security
Excellent
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 June 2018
Excellent company. Great pay. Great people to work with. Flexible hours. Wonderful staff. You learn alot from this job. You have training and opportunities.
the job was in St Laurent
Point Douglas Seniors Resource Coordinator (Term) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2018
its a welcoming community, not enough work to go around though. Some girls stayed ten years to reach full time status. The people you served always knew your name and said thank you
Pros
nice community
Cons
icy roads