Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Happiness score is 74 out of 100

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

An excellent and proffessional place to work

It was great working there because they gave me my first job opportunity when I came to this country.To that effect i owe the company a debt of gratitude for the great opportunities I had while working there.I was able to develop good friendly interpersonal relationships with others from various culture and background.

Stressful and political

My biss was very political. Also every report I did I did not receive credit for it. We worked for an Indigenous department. The entire team was hard at times because of the lack of understanding of the culture and the communities.

Benefits

Cons

Political

No communication

Absolutely zero communication and it’s impossible to get full time employment which you need in order to make any money. Half the cheque is gone for union fees etc, you don’t make money unless you’re working full time so be prepared to work many years before you see any earnings.

It’s a job

A large entity gives you options to move but can be limiting due to circumstance. Working at different sites in different positions was challenging and rewarding but the messaging that comes from the executive level doesn’t seem to support inclusion, growth, equity. The pathway seems too narrow and the feel is like high school. Not all are of this mindset. There are great managers and directors there were also bad ones. Lost many colleagues with great skill and potential. Sadly the greatest compliment is to eliminate your supposed competition - employees or coworkers that do your job better - at any cost and squash what goes against you or the culture you promote. It gives benefits, stability-usually if that’s what you need then it’s for you. If you are looking for fulfilment and to change the world 🌎 don’t stay too long. This place will break you and that dream .

Pros

Building seniority, can move sites positions

Cons

Parking/Corporate Culture/Inequality in ethnicity for patients and employees

Scheduling clerk

Most stressful job i have ever had. Always short staff and home care workers. Expectations from manager is unreal.We come in early and leave late but still can finish our important task. A lot of backstabbing in that office. People test you when you are new just to see if they can walk over you or not. Mondays and Fridays are the worst days although everyday is crazy busy ( INSANE). WLRKE

Pros

Helping senors getting servcie

Cons

Stress, High expectations, No work/life balance, Pay

Great place to work.

Its a fulfilling job. There's possibility for advancement and appreciation for job well done. Job stability . Resource coordinator willing to assist whenever i need assistance

Pros

Job stability

Cons

Driving from place to place ( Home care)

Helpful and supportive team.

Spent my entire career with is same organization. Lots of room to advance and enhance education while on the job. It's a huge health care organization, but like a small town in a sense that you get to know everyone!

I absolutely adored my job. I hope to get a job just like this one again. I wouldn't have left. Communication is by far the worst aspect of this job.

Day care for staff with children

.Working on the frontline, the typical day depend on the schedule and the conditions of the clients. .I learned patience, empathy .Communication with management happen on daily basis .The patient interest comes first .The hardest part of the job is bear with patient suffering .The most enjoyable part of the job is to feel useful and be able to the difference in people life

Valuable working environment

As a new employee, there is a system of orientations to get familiar with the job contents. Team culture is quite standing out and employees are allowed to explore some new features to assist their jobs.

Challenging and rewarding workplace

A typical day at work involved helping my clients complete the activities of daily living. The most enjoyable part my day was looking after my clients and making them feel well looked after and respected.

Workplace

Great place to work, people with huge hearts, steady busy days, Early morning starts/12 hour shifts in different departments. Everyone gets along great, smiles all around.

A fast paced health authority with the mandate to deliver quality health services safely to clients and families.

A very rewarding experience of transforming the health system to provide better care sooner by consolidating programs and services around the needs of the people who need them.

Great opportunity with lots of growth

The day always consisted of meeting in the morning and getting assigned my location with always meeting new people and interacting and learning from all aspects.

Awesome place to work for.

I have worked here for 28 & 1/2 years and it has been an honour to work for them. I have grown, I have worked with all different nationalities and it has honed my skills at communicating. I have been repeatedly told by clients that I am patient, gentle and kind. WRHA offers courses in communication, palliative care, cooking for special diets and offer refresher courses. I am however ready for change

Working with nice co-workers. Working as a front receptionist. Answer phone and direct client to their respective worker. I learned to divide my time and be more patient. The hardest part of my job is when client is in a hurry to see their worker. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you feel that you help lot of people and you see the smile in their faces.

Great place to work winnipeg regional health authority is an equal opportunity company.

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is an equal opportunity employer they provide training when necessary.there is plenty of room for advancement.not too demanding.

Overall job was excellent, wage freezes and changes to management caused culture to fade.

Workplace culture was satisfactory. Hardest part of job was dealing with changes in process and budget expectations. Learned a great deal over 20 years of management experience.

Busy

Very busy job working in the community on your own . Love working alone with no one looking over your shoulder however Can be a challenge if there are issues due to lack of experience in the profession and job by others

How I find my job?

For me, my job as a Health care aide in WRHA is very fulfilling because of how we serve and care for our clients. We try to give our best to our clients every time we see them.

the doctors and the nurses are very nice to me and they are easy to work with

Would like to thank WRHA for giving me a chance to work for almost 3 years. I worked in Calgary right now but i still missed working in Winnipeg. Thanks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6Job security/advancement