Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

High Stress with minimal reward
HomeCare Nursing Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada8 January 2018
The organization is currently undergoing a redistribution of nursing services, scaling back on RN services while attempting to "manage to budget" with LPN wages. Highly toxic working environment at present time.
Great Company
Payroll Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 December 2017
This is a very large company but is great to work for. So much room for advancement and loads of opportunity in learning new parts of the job. It is an enjoyable place to work and treats employees with fairness.
The co-workers were great
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
Great pay,the benefits were lacking,no sick time and the hours not very good.The hardest part of the job was the early hours you started,most enjoyable was hearing the stories the elderly had to tell.The management was easy enough to get along with,just to many of them.I was surprised how little contact a lot of the elderly have with family and how important it was to them when we came to help them,sometimes being the only person they would see in a day. You have a list of names you see on a daily basis.You are given a certain amount of time to complete your visit with each person;if more time was needed management would be notified and would adjust your schedule.
Pros
could dress casually, no need for a uniform
Cons
split shifts
Enjoyable conversations with people
Health Care Aide/Home Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 October 2017
Arriving at a clients home to provide care that they ned to stay in their home. Interacting with them and possible family members. Needing to be friendly and compastionate. Good customer Srvice skills is an asset. The worst part of the job is finding a client has died and you having to take care of that. Also because you are working alone and depending how long you have been working with that client it makes their death very hard on you emotionally.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Having a client die
Workplace and Coworkers
Registration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 October 2017
Many different people work at this hospital all with different ranks and jobs. A diverse group of people all focused on upmost client care and patient support.
great pay, good benefits
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 October 2017
A typical day for me would start at 630 am seeing diabetics in the community assisting with taking fasting blood sugars then administering their insulin based on drs orders, them oral meds, or wounds. I was a community nurse in my last position so I would go to each clients homes and do nursing duties bases on each clients individual needs, I had to make decisions on my own for the most part using my nursing education and experience but when give a situation that I was unsure of I would contact my nursing resource coordinator or the clients physician for their assistance. I would have to say the most difficult part of my job was at times time management as with ill clients one never knows the state you might find someone in so that might take more time. We were allotted a certain amount of time for each visit so if something was wrong and we needed to spend for example twice the amount of time it would affect the next client and so on. In this case if it became unmanageable we could call our supervisor for some help from other nurses as patient safety is always our number 1 priority. I loved my job, I loved the people, I loved helping people. One day was almost never the same as the day before. It was a great place to work
Pros
self directed, great pay
Cons
long hours, working weekend, stat holidays
Very hard mentally and emotionally
Parent Educator (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2017
Superiors make it very difficult to feel good about your job and effort. Lack of compassion on difficulties to deal with. Constant training with an attitude that workers are incapable.
Pros
opportunities for personal growth.
Cons
Superiors lack any compassion.
Overall great job and staff but not enough nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 September 2017
Overall, this job is great! The staff are wonderful and helpful, however the patient to nurse ratios are so unsafe and sometimes changes that are implemented by management are relatively insignificant and attention is not paid to other details
Okay work experience
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 August 2017
Working for WRHA was a learning experience for meeting new people and how they live. there was a schedule mailed out every 2 weeks with who you would be seeing but sometimes was late which would make things difficult.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Lots of driving
Was decent
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 August 2017
There are many changes with the new MB conservative government so any view I had were based upon a different system. As per nurses I know who are still out in Winnipeg, many nurses looking to move to Ontario or Saskatchewan or leave nursing all together because of the dismantling of the health services by the new government.
A place where you can build a career
Financial Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Churchill, MB4 August 2017
A fun and intuitive place. I find my co workers supportive and willing to share information. Corporate finance office is the best place to work. Your month end task can be challenging, but with a friendly team and managers, you can breeze through it.
Pros
3 weeks vacation, work life balance
As an nrc
Nursing Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nursing Resource Coordinator25 July 2017
It is a busy area. I have learned to allocate staff, be mindful of the budget in allocating nursing staff and assigning nursing visits.
I have worked with management and collaborated with different members of the team. The hardest part of the job is when you feel that you are not supported and your concerns were not being addressed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the good working relationships with home care clients and home care nurses and all the Case Coordinators who seemed to like me and missed me when I left the area to move to an office closer to home.
healthy enviorment
House staff (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg1 July 2017
40 hours per week
affiliated with University of Manitoba
educational and research opportunities
tertiary neonatal intensive care unit
healthy work environment
secure job and great benefits
different culture than outside of health care
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 June 2017
It is a difficult place to work in but a great potential for improvement and give a person a chance to shine when improvements are made
and the improvements show a significant result that is measurable and contributes to the welfare of the patients
supportive workplace
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 June 2017
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, has been a great opportunity for me as a staff because I am learning a lot here and feel supported when I have questions.
production
Porter-Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 May 2017
working there is good with a friendly environment even if the work is not light .. every body is a teamplayer. management is fair . Stable job and good hourly income .
Foi uma experiência muito gratificante .
home care (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba Canada7 May 2017
Trabalhava de forma independente, com um roteiro de visitas e afazeres pre estabelecidos exigindo pontualidade e agilidade.
Pros
Muitos beneficois por trabalha para um orgao do governo
Cons
Não havia suporte para o trabalho já que eu estava fora do escritório.
supportive working environment
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 May 2017
Supportive, working environment. Management encourages independence. Flexible working hours. Reasonable pay, union benefits. Excellent training for every employ.
Its all ways busy there also.
Driver (Former Employee) –  wpg mb4 May 2017
It s very busy there also. They train their staff if required. Very good management people. You need lots of knowledge at your job. I like the work atmosphere. This was another place where I learned new things To carry with me in my personal and work life. Thank you.
Pros
Good working staff.
Cons
Not many hours. Casual.
excellent work environment and good workplace
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 April 2017
Typical day start with an early morning providing residents with activities of daily living such as grooming and feeding. I have learned to manage my time effectively and efficiently. Hardest part of the job is when the family is trying to make you do duties that are out of my scope of practice
Pros
work independently