Winnipeg Regional Health Authority

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Employee Reviews

Canada133 reviews
Workplace
Great place to work, people with huge hearts, steady busy days, Early morning starts/12 hour shifts in different departments. Everyone gets along great, smiles all around.
A fast paced health authority with the mandate to deliver quality health services safely to clients and families.
A very rewarding experience of transforming the health system to provide better care sooner by consolidating programs and services around the needs of the people who need them.
Great opportunity with lots of growth
The day always consisted of meeting in the morning and getting assigned my location with always meeting new people and interacting and learning from all aspects.
Awesome place to work for.
I have worked here for 28 & 1/2 years and it has been an honour to work for them. I have grown, I have worked with all different nationalities and it has honed my skills at communicating. I have been repeatedly told by clients that I am patient, gentle and kind. WRHA offers courses in communication, palliative care, cooking for special diets and offer refresher courses. I am however ready for change
Working with nice co-workers. Working as a front receptionist. Answer phone and direct client to their respective worker. I learned to divide my time and be more patient. The hardest part of my job is when client is in a hurry to see their worker. The most enjoyable part of my job is when you feel that you help lot of people and you see the smile in their faces.
Great place to work winnipeg regional health authority is an equal opportunity company.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority is an equal opportunity employer they provide training when necessary.there is plenty of room for advancement.not too demanding.
Overall job was excellent, wage freezes and changes to management caused culture to fade.
Workplace culture was satisfactory. Hardest part of job was dealing with changes in process and budget expectations. Learned a great deal over 20 years of management experience.
Busy
Very busy job working in the community on your own . Love working alone with no one looking over your shoulder however Can be a challenge if there are issues due to lack of experience in the profession and job by others
How I find my job?
For me, my job as a Health care aide in WRHA is very fulfilling because of how we serve and care for our clients. We try to give our best to our clients every time we see them.
the doctors and the nurses are very nice to me and they are easy to work with
Would like to thank WRHA for giving me a chance to work for almost 3 years.
I worked in Calgary right now but i still missed working in Winnipeg.

Thanks.
Nice company
Working with WRHA is great if you have the willingness to help other people and not just because you just want a good pay. No full time schedules but you can pick up extra hours if you wish. Benefits are not that great though.
excellent
This was the most rewarding career I had, I am trying to get back into a similar position. The staff are great, management is great. it was a fun and exciting place to work. Learnt a lot and made great friends.
High stress but very rewarding, never a dull day!
Working in the community, you're always chasing the clock. There's never a dull moment as every client health status is different from another. Depends on what area you work, driving can be difficult. A lot of getting in and out of the car, parking can be a hassle. If you love wound care, this job is for you!
productive workplace
workplace where coworkers respect each other and help each other out. manager also maintains good relationship with her staff. quiet office and acess to bus
Decent place to work
Stressful at times but generally a good place to work. It is a steady income and the management team is helpful. Decent salary and benefits.I would recommend this job to other people.
supportive workplace
Work within the health community, supporting clients with system navigation. Self Referral and Referral from other recourses.
My typical workday involves community development and health promotion.

Management is very supportive and involved when required. I enjoy the workplace and coworkers are wonderful and positive.

The most enjoyable part of my job is individual support to clients who require system support.

A very good place to work, Job security, benefits, and supportive workplace
Can be okay
Health care itself is demanding and this office uts bo different. There are some managers which are better than others but not a very supportive environment and career advancement internally doesnt happen often.
Pros
Cons
Lots
Unmanageable workloads, high stress, good pay and vacation
one of the biggest staff complaints during last contract negotiation was high workloads. Since then, the WRHA has been I the midst of a company wide health care change. Everyone I know has had their already overextended workload DOUBLED or more. This trend seems to be increasing, not settling. Loved my job when I first started, but last few years have made it an extremely stressful, toxic environment to work in.
Pros
Decent salary, good vacation hours
Cons
unmanageable workloads
Working at WRHA (RDF)
Im happy that I worked to this company..and as a dietary aide I enjoy evry hour of my job..some Co workers are easy to work with but some are not. But some point im here to work not to socialise.
Semi productive
Access Centers are more laid back than hospitals. A lot of the employees have an over inflated opinion about their productivity and would not be able to cope with a hospital setting where breaks and end results are very time dependent and crucial.
Not the best job I ve had
Chronically short staffed. Patient care is affected regularly. Management (Gov't) is not supportive. My patients are my bright light...always have been
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winnipeg Regional Health Authority. Our community is ready to answer.
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Reviews by Location