Winners Employee Reviews

Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 1,235 reviews
bon environnement quand même
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 March 2019
c'est bien, j'apprends beaucoup de choses sur comment un magasin de vêtements fonctionne.
Pros
apprentissage
Cons
pas assez d'heures
the friendly working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON28 February 2019
all stuff help you with your work, and the environment is secure. i learn much from it. also the manager treat you equally. this is most enjoyable job, and i like organizing product
fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service---parttime---contract (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON25 February 2019
fun workplace management was great, good experience I found long day with only one break. would liked to of stayed on but I was contract only

enjoyed meeting new people. also liked the discount we had. I would work for them again
stage
Commis de magasin stagiaire (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC22 February 2019
S'était des journée correcte. j'ai appris a placer des vêtement, des jouet, des produits pour femme et homme, etc. ses un bon lieu de travail. le travaille n'étais vraiment pas difficile s'étais trop facile pur moi.
nice enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2019
typical day at work mostly spend on stocking or cashier.also assisted people in finding items in the store
manegment was very helpful (was taught a lot on the first day)
not thing was too hard
helping costumers was probably the best part of the day
Great place to work with amazing people
Jewellery Consultant - Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 February 2019
-typical day at work includes lots of customer service, work on register and sorting, managing product that is circulating the store.
-great management and workplace culture
Productive and fun place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC17 February 2019
Management and sales associates are great. Everyone is so helpful. We are like family. Have learned new things daily. Gained confidence. Had fun at Christmas party. Enjoyed working with multicultural people.
Pros
Fun activities
Very enjoyable work experience
Cashier/warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
As a company Mcdonald's is a very fast paced environment i learned a lot of customer service skills and really enjoyed my time there.Sometime there was a period were the work load was alot but i was able to handle it.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2019
Good place to work especially for students. Not a lot of hours weekly but the management and employees. Overall I enjoyed working here. Good experience.
Great company...
Assistant Manager Merchandise (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON13 February 2019
A great company to work for as an associate but as soon as you climb the ranks and get into management it does become apparent that if you have any morals at all that they will be a detriment to your position.
Pros
great staff discount percentages throughout the year
Cons
low work life balance once into management unless you are fine with it
goog peop;le to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
it is a great place to start your work life for a long time. But salary is low and your schedule depends on store sales which mean that sometimes will be a full week and sometimes two or one shift per week. managers are okay but nobody after and of the day don cares about you or your needs. they just expect you to work as hard as you can and as much as you can for 15$ an hour. so in two weeks, you earn less then 240$. They expect too much for that much money. And don even asks about benefits.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
low pay
hated working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 February 2019
staff, managers and customers always rude to each other. wouldn't work here again for the simple fact of the management that i had back in 2014. terrible pay,
Pros
nothing
Cons
management, customers, staff
I really enjoyed it
Sk - Sales Associate/ Cash Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK4 February 2019
The management pulled favorites a lot, however, that worked for me because I was a favorite. Working was a good experience, as well as, decent pay grade.
It is fun, and you learn lots and friendly most of the time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB31 January 2019
I enjoyed working at winners. the people were friendly to me. i like helping the customers find what they are looking for.. i learnt a lot in the workplace , in order for me to help the people whom needed it. I was able to grow as a person and be happy with my skills to help others. i got tot use the til as a cashier and greet many people.
Pros
understanding workers and friendly
Cons
hard work but worth it
Productive and high pressure environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2019
You will be expected to put in extra work and asked to go above and beyond however the community is great with great workers and management, many great team players but the work hours a very few and minimal.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
No benefits
Alright
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 January 2019
Winners was good because you learned a lot in there miniature warehouse and put things together such as furniture. I did not like how some things had age restriction though.
Pros
easy work
Cons
short lunch break
Productive and fun place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2019
It is a good place to start off you retail experience. You learn the basics of cashier and it is very easy to learn how to work all the equipment. However, hours are not the best.
Pros
discount
Cons
not a stable job
very boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 January 2019
extremely stressed environment to work in. I worked in fashion and purses the stuff is good but not all the time. I worked in winners for 6 moths as a coop student but revived any appreciation for my work that I did there.
Pros
Cons
everything about them
Co-works are great to work with
Markdown Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 January 2019
The people make the job fun. Long hours during Christmas time being short staffed. Communication between management it challenging at times. Hardest part of the job is being short staffed and not having the right of amount of hours per job.
Excellent starting job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB19 January 2019
Very flexible hours and great for students. Shifts range from 4 hours to 8 1/2 hours. Trained in multiple areas and the store prides itself on customer service. Decent lunch breaks, however if you work less than 5 hours you only get a 15 minute unpaid break. Coworkers were very fun to work with and I still consider some friends to this day.

Very stubborn customers, however some customers are very nice.