Winners Employee Reviews

Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 1,235 reviews
Met some fantastic co-workers
Truck Unloader / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 May 2019
While I wasn't there for long, I met some great people and learned several valuable skills as well. It was a great place to work, despite my short time there.
typical part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2019
just a typical part time job. management is good and can usually accommodate requests. They often will ask you to start early or stay late showing bad time management
Very good working environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 May 2019
The team is a very friendly team with helpful associates and understanding management. Working hours are convenient. Very good for students who need flexibility to manage their studies.
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2019
very busy environment to work at, great customer service, big store and contains everything, from clothing to home goods. fun and productive place to work at.
Pros
store has everything
Cons
not enough hours
Customer focused
ASSISTANT MANAGER - CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 May 2019
The culture of this institution is Customer-driven.

In addition, there is a great focus on training and development for all levels of staff.

The benefits here were the best I have gotten in retail.
Excellent place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 April 2019
I loved working at Winners. Always on the go, setting up displays, helping customers, moving things around, pulling stock. Worked with a very friendly staff.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pay
Fun workplace with lots of learnings
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merivale,Ottawa,ON29 April 2019
The management of the company is very good. Store always have great manager working hard in service of customers and associates.
The workplace culture is very friendly, accommodating and helping.
The most enjoyable part thing about the store is morning hurdle sessions where they announce the joy winners and monthly associates that encourage others to be more hard working and be a good associate. The hardest part is fitting room on busiest days but then its not stressful if you get two workers in fitting room. Overall it is a good workplace.
Pros
Not stressful
Fast paced environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 April 2019
A typical day at Winners was arranging clothing items, shoes and accessory items efficienmtly. Also interacting with customers and assissiting them with what they need help with. The management was very helpful and nice during my first week at Winners. The hardest part of the work was when I first started, I found it a littke difficult to keep at pace. The most enjoyable part was working with others.
Pros
Helpes with my communicative skills
Productive and fast paced working setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 April 2019
My first time doing cashier. Learned patience and team work. Great job would go back to work at another winners, would highly recommend applying. amazing experience.
Jewelry Clerk and front cashier/customer service
Jewellery clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2019
My experience working at Winners taught me about customer service, professionalism and tolerance The Work team was fun and a kind Environment, management was not very helpful.
Daily routine organizing work space, fixing displays if needed. inventory. Stock, serving customers
Enjoyed the value i got working there, the skills i acquired to excel towards success. being able to bring assistance, excellent customer service was enjoyable as well.
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Good place to work but...
Employee (Current Employee) –  Alberta21 April 2019
Winners is a good place to work, you get a discount and the other employees are great!However the management doesn’t treat us employees the greatest. They often get mad at us for the littlest of things that we aren’t in control of and the hours aren’t the greatest either.
Pros
Discount.
Cons
Not many hours.
High paced work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 April 2019
High paced work environment. Minimum wage pay and employed a lot of people. Hard to get shifts and really bad discount. Good people to work with. Can't choose shifts and can't miss them.
Pros
People
Cons
Bad discount
In adequate area for productivity
Jewelry Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 April 2019
Great team work, been there for 6 years and I’m happy to say we all work as a big family. Working there enhanced my experience in customer service, multi tasking, product management, and merchandising.
Fun Workplace, Great People
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2019
One of the best places I've worked. Fun people, Helpful management, overall good culture. It feels like a home environment, everyone is caring and loving and work does not feel like work
Never a dull moment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 April 2019
If you wanna work where there’s something new to be done daily, this is the place.
The products are never the same or is the structure on keeping the store the same
Things change so you must not be a routine type person or you won’t fit in
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
The pay could be better
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 April 2019
Good commnication among team. Easy to advance and will be trained to that effect. Shifts distributed fairly and evenly. great place to work. good culture
Great place for first jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2019
Working here was enjoyable. Getting to know the team I worked with was very easy. Everyone here worked positively. Very good place to gain experience with customer service.
I really liked working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB9 April 2019
i just wish that they would give more hours out and not just the day of tell me i got a shift. i loved the people and staff but alot of times it was unorganized but i still love winners and might work there again for the right hours
Great if you’re part time and flexible
Sales Associate/Merchandising Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia9 April 2019
Little room to move up in the company and if you do make it to coordinator, you make barely more than the part time students that get hired at minimum wage. They are consistently short staffed and expect you to pick up the slack because they have time standards that are outdated and don’t include the fact that as a sales associate you’re also processing, merchandising, cleaning, running the tills and more often than not handling customer issues yourself because the managers are always in the office at the back of the store or are unavailable.

Calling in sick is a cardinal sin, they allow customers to harass you and don’t kick out shoplifters even when they’re getting aggressive. There is no time off allowed in September and November to January because it’s the busy season and the only day stores are closed is Christmas day. If you do manage to get time off, they forget half the time and will schedule you on days that you’ve told them you’re not available and threaten to write you up if you don’t come in.
Pros
The coworkers there are usually great people
Cons
Poor business model and poor management
Hardworking co-workers who want the best for their customers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON9 April 2019
My job as a sales associate consists of organizing the store by placing back clothes from the fitting room, putting sensors onto products and re-stocking racks and shelves. There is always something to do in the store, and my co-workers are friendly and nice to converse with. The managers accommodate well to your work schedule, but one thing I would change would to have the co-workers working schedules available online since the only way to check is to go in the store.
Pros
Snacks every so often and great for a student who works part-time.
Cons
can only view working schedule by going to the store.