Winners Employee Reviews

Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 1,235 reviews
Ease to learn at a working day.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC24 June 2019
We work as a group being individual and also has support from management. Never feels stranded and estranged. We have something like potlucks or some kind of celebration every alternative weekend. everyone is amazingly helpful.
Great place to gain experience
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC23 June 2019
Winners PG is a great place to gain experience. The training is quite hefty, but they train you well. Management is fairly easy to talk to, but they over promise their staff. Everyone being promised the same promotion makes for awkward lunch breaks. Company talks about how they are all about internal advancement, but will hire completely new associates as full-time instead of promoting an already existing, quality employee who has worked hard, has open availability, & clearly wants the job. A few of the managers are quite two faced, & they speak negatively of certain employees often. Hours of part time associates are cut OFTEN based on how the business does for sales, & it's quite unfair. Though if you're a student looking for experience, they are awesome at working with a scarce availability. Although prepare to have 2 of your 4 shifts cut/shortened often. If you need financial stability, they can't guarantee that.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Pay, Over promising, Inappropriate behaviour from managers, internal advancement is rare
cool; kid
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB17 June 2019
was really really really okay. maid me see life in a new lite. the man i call musia and will from this day forward has maid me happy in ways i could not keep going if it was not for the man i call the lord
Pros
free produts
Cons
death of fammily.;(
Great coworkers, communicative managers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 June 2019
The overall environment of winners is great, the only real downside to this job is that the shifts you get as a regular associate are very minimal, to the point where you will only work once a week.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Minimal shifts
High pressure work environment and short staffed
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 June 2019
I have been working as a coordinator at winners, didn’t enjoy any moment of working in this position. There was a lot of pressure from management and never had enough associates to help me. I literally had to handle 4 people’s job.
Pros
You get to see new merchandise and buy them before anyone else
Cons
Stressful
Good workplace
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC10 June 2019
Nice workplace friendly coworkers, but the management could use a little organizing it can become difficult to work when the management is not really stable
awesome entry level job
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 June 2019
Awesome for making friends at work. Great place to start out of school and get some customer experience. definitely not a long term goal or a place to advance financially.
Fast paced environment
Merchandise Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 June 2019
Time goes by fast due to the fast paced-nature of the environment. Constantly working with an array of merchandise categories, sorting and organizing into a flow that makes business sense while showcasing an appeal to the end consumer. Worked with many self-directed individuals who are professionals and hardworking. While the work was challenging, there is a sense of accomplishments at the end of each project that makes moving to the next one satisfying.
Pros
Unique variety of items to choose from
Merchandise Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2019
Maybe it's my location but I find majority of the aspects working here to be great. Ive had many managers while working here in my years and they are all very friendly, understanding, open, flexible and are willing to help theyre associates develop within the company. I see alot of people saying that growth within the company is difficult but from what I've seen and experienced, as long as youre willing to communicate that you want to develop and how you want to develop, they'll sit down with you and create a development plan to get you to where you want to be. Everyone i work with is fantastic and ive made great friends. Of course theres the few people youre not gonna get along with but that happens everywhere you go. The days get long and tiring but if you like a job where youre alwaays doing something, this is it. Never a dull moment. Being MPC at a location of almost 100 associates, does get stressful only because its hard to keep all employees on the same page of NCO, and how to do things according to standard but its only helped me develop and get bettter at my job. Ive been here for a few years now and im still learning new things every day.
Pros
Lots of development opportunities
Cons
Big locations can be stressful sometimes
Hostile environment; a lot like high school
Sales Associate/Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB27 May 2019
Management at Okotoks winners and the employees that have been there for 5+ years are like the popular group of girls in high school. If they don't like you, they make your life awful. Management would penalize you for taking days off by cutting hours. If you asked for more hours they would tell you that they can't give you any, but would constantly be hiring new staff.
Pros
You get 10% off being an employee.
Cons
Management is not overly nice. Hard to take days off.
fun work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 May 2019
Fun place for new commers to Canada. The work experience give s you a very realistic idea of a normal Canadin environment envolving multi cultural staff.
Decent job, bad environment (specific location)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 May 2019
I actually liked the job itself most of the costumers are nice and fun to talk to and it's physically very easy, if you can handle power trips and highschool like cliques and gossiping it's fine.

My least favourite thing about the job is that they use humiliation as a tool in training, They would speak to you like child or sometimes insult you infront of costumers or literally tell them that you don't know what your doing or that they're sorry that they had to deal with you, there was two times where it was so out of line that the costumers had asked the manager to leave me alone. They make you feel like an idiot because your not as fast or as knowledged as them when they've been there for years and your on your second week. How are you supposed to improve if they scare you out of asking questions?

They also lie about how many hours they'll give you in the interview I was told 30 to 40 but got 15 or less and it was mostly 3 and 4 hour shifts, they'll sometimes ask you to come in early or stay later but if you can't they'll accuse you of lying and make you feel bad, One of the times I was babysitting my 2 year old nephew and couldn't come in 4 hours earlier then I was scheduled and the manager who called suggested that my aunt come home from work independently so I could come in, when I said that wasn't possible she said that I must not be willing to work 8 hour shifts.
Pros
Costumers, Easy on your body
Cons
Hours, co-workers
I learned how to provide customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2019
I learned how to process merchandise and do markdowns following the standards of the company. Also, I improved my customer service experience.I was cross trained in every department and during one shift I was working at least in two departments.
Furthermore, I learned what means teamwork at my workplace.
The hardest part of the job was working closing shifts and holidays.
Management doesn't know how to talk to you as there is a lot of stress.
Cons
Good organization within retail business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2019
Good organization within retail business. Dynamic and leading organization within industry. Opportunities for growth.Schedule flexibility required. Good to learn.
Only four hour shifts. Maybe a total of 12 hours per wk.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON16 May 2019
Management doesn't work together. Staff is great. No hours, shifts are only four hours. Expect jobs assigned to be done in the 4 hours you are there. Only have three people scheduled...one on cash, one in fitting rooms and one person on the floor. Very disorganized
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Disorganized management
Hostile environment
JTX- Retail and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC16 May 2019
coworkers are not helpful, no fixed work hours, poisonous work atmosphere, not enough training, very low payments , never give you a full time schedule.
Pros
Nothing but ingratitude ceo
Cons
25 hours a week schedule
Lack of a structural system
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2019
Winners was a really "go with the flow" system, and when there were many customers and not enough employees, everything on the floor would freeze and the customer would come first. The way this was done though really slowed everything else down and the closing staff could almost always expect to go home very last (~an hour after closing) due to having to catch up.
Cons
Really fast paced and stressful
Eh
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 May 2019
The management is not good. the people you work with are not friendly. i honestly hated working there with a passion. i would not tell anyone to go and work there.
fun workplace
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2019
the team work is great, employees are very kind, they sell great products and wardrobe.task are pretty easy, lots of things to do, and get free lunches.
Pros
lot of help
Cons
so much to do
Fun-family like atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB9 May 2019
Typical retail store - shifts are spent either working in certain departments (cash, fitting room) or putting stock out on the floor.
I worked here for 3 years, learned a lot, made a lot of friendships and connections to future jobs from here.
Some members of management were better than others, certain management played favoritism with different employees and if you weren't in the category of favorite then you weren't treated well or you were expected to do much more work. Some would talk badly about you behind your back and would also try to avoid working but when they were needed for something and actually had to work, they were put into a bad mood which puts everyone on edge.
This store can become quite busy some days with a lot going on and people who cannot handle stress should not be put in a supervisor position because they can never handle those kinds of days very well.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, first to see cool products, easy work
Cons
Poor management/supervisors, always having to clean up messy shelves