Winners

Winners Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 124 reviews matching the search See all 1,375 reviews
Very fast paced.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 January 2020
Very fast paced and customers are very hard to deal with. Management isn't that great, nor understanding. But the salary is a bit higher and the work team is very fun and supportive.
Pros
Great coworkers.
Cons
Poor management team.
very good work environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON8 January 2020
excellent working environment
staff was good
providing in-depth training to employees
providing health and safety training to employees
conducting employees for the month
Amazing place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 January 2020
Winners have always had a strong emphasis on internal workplace culture, the result of which is a strong team who share a common set of values. The people who work here are the atmosphere they create is nothing like anywhere else I have ever worked.
professional workplace with a diverse and collaborative staff
store associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 January 2020
I personally felt that certain aspects of the training and orientation had been lacking. during my time there, a miscommunication had occurred between the management staff and I, following in which I was not given an appropriate cash training slot. rather, I had spent an official shift reading a cash manual, where as other employees that had been hired alongside me were given cash training in advance. besides that, I would say the staff and management team were respectful and accommodating.
A great place to start with.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 December 2019
It had been a great journey working there. I wish to explore more and learn more and currently looking for a job where I'm recognized and I have better pay.
Good place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 December 2019
People are very friendly. Fast - paced. less hours during inventory time. Will get employee discount. I loved working there. The management is very friendly too.
N/a
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB26 November 2019
Working at winners was great. They are great team players- they will try to balance everyone’s work and personal life. And lots of opportunities for hours.
They cut off hours making it 4 hours/week when they want, unfair to the employees
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 November 2019
Poor management, They hire a lot of people but don't give them a proper schedule. only 4-5 hours/week for the new employees,
They blame their sales even in the Christmas season for cutting hours.
Just like every other comany, they don't care about you
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 October 2019
The thought of this place makes me livid, why am I surprised though? I can't believe I survived two years, two years and no raise! I put my all into this job and was only rewarded with positive comments and for the most part, management was god awful so what was the point anyways. Nanaimo Winners, you will need 100000 of years of improvement.
Bad management
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 October 2019
managers are unprofessional, rude and try to take advantage of employees. Head manager likes to make people miserable. The actual work isn’t bad but the managers make it unbearable.
warehouse Coordinator
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 October 2019
it was good environment to work at homelessness. friendly associates, and the management was grate.
i had so much fun working at the warehouse. also my shift was so grate, I use to work in the morning winch was the best , because i am a morning person
Part-time Sales Associate
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 September 2019
A typical day working considers of working at various locations throughout the store. Store gets really busy, and a diverse team of hardworking co-workers.
it provide great experience to me .working with different culture people provides unique adventure into your life .
Retail Sales Associate, trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2019
this is the best time of my life .because I work 1st time in Canada with best team i guess.It was great experience to worked with different culture people provides unique adventure into my life .The staff is understandable and work in a shifts.so,I can understand the duties of staff . THE shop interior is fabulous and cloth stocks are keep inter educes daily. it create work with fun .
Pros
flexible hours for training, team support
Cons
distance
A great place to grow and achieve new things
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2019
I'm very happy to have worked with this company for six years, I wish it could be longer. Everyone that I have worked with has been to kind and welcoming and very helpful.
Winners
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS24 August 2019
Typically making sure stock merchandise is out before 3 pm. You'll be on cash or fitting room. Sales floor. Your trained for all positions.winners is a great place to work. The most enjoyable part is the co-workers and the customers. management is great and accommodating in many ways.
Productive, fun place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2019
Super Fun work environment. Good for when your looking for something to keep you busy or if you love being on your feet. Wasn't a fan of their low quality sensors as it would always go off.
Optimistic followed by Pesimistic
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 July 2019
I started at Winners about a year ago with a lot of pleasure and optimism - over the course of a year, my satisfaction has turned to dissatisfaction due to the fact of schedule changes, cuts in hours (due to slow sales) and constant "new hiring". It was explained that the "new hiring" comes out of a separate budget so they can afford to do that. However, current employees have to adjust schedules to make room for these "new hires" and the result is a thinning of schedules. Management has the ability to override the KRONOS time management system, but seldom does unless to make room for their "favored friends"!

In many ways, this is nothing more than a sweatshop - definitely would not recommend for a long-term job! Poor staff morale, no esprit de corps.
Decent overall.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 July 2019
The main thing I liked about working here was the training and skills I gained. I was able to be trained not only in a retail setting, but also in the warehouse of the store too. At this location, 99% of my co-workers were also very lovely and helpful. I felt comfortable and relaxed working alongside them because I knew they'd support me if needed.

Some of the issues I had: difficult to communicate (can only contact managers by office phone), messy store with little time given to clean and ensure that products are in saleable condition, and some very demeaning and rude co-workers. Overall it was confusing and stressful--many of my shifts involved a cycle of a co-worker telling me to do something and then another co-worker telling me do to something else, as well as my co-workers expecting me to know little rules that I was never taught.
Pros
can build many skills, receive lots of training, mostly friendly co-workers
Cons
busy, messy, rushed tasks, hard to communicate
friendly staff good pay
Cashier / salesfloor associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2019
i enjoyed the poeple at this job they paid good they dont take out alot of taxes the only task i dont like there is cashier it is kind of complicated bn
Great place to gain experience
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC23 June 2019
Winners PG is a great place to gain experience. The training is quite hefty, but they train you well. Management is fairly easy to talk to, but they over promise their staff. Everyone being promised the same promotion makes for awkward lunch breaks. Company talks about how they are all about internal advancement, but will hire completely new associates as full-time instead of promoting an already existing, quality employee who has worked hard, has open availability, & clearly wants the job. A few of the managers are quite two faced, & they speak negatively of certain employees often. Hours of part time associates are cut OFTEN based on how the business does for sales, & it's quite unfair. Though if you're a student looking for experience, they are awesome at working with a scarce availability. Although prepare to have 2 of your 4 shifts cut/shortened often. If you need financial stability, they can't guarantee that.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Pay, Over promising, Inappropriate behaviour from managers, internal advancement is rare