Winners

Winners Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

my experience at winners was an overall MEH.-the staff is okay but sometimes toxic towards weak-minded people(happy it wasn't me)-It goes from boring to stressful to boring with rarely any in-between-the pay is horrible(well minimum heh) even if they add on responsibilities because of your experience.-the bosses are either super cool or your worst enemy-You only get 10% off all year and 20 at Xmasbut I guess for a low-level job like cashier it isn't ''Horrible'' but it definitely wasn't enjoyable.
Pros
Some free time when things are slow, some staff to befriend through complaining
Cons
30 min breaks, meh staff & management, Bad pay
I hope it's not like this at every location but my particular experience was horrible. Highly egotistical management and you won't last if you don't kiss up to them. Most of the Higher-up associates are on a power trip and don't treat staff like employees, but instead as utilities. Not worth minimum wage, wouldn't recommended this work environment to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and horrible pay
The store is too big. Theres almost always either too many people working or not enough people working. The “make the customer happy” guidelines are followed way too closely as most in store rules are broken to make customers happy, which makes no sense at all, why have rules if you’re just going to break them. Supervisors at the cash desk are too flaky and don’t ever listen to you when you need help, or they get mad too easily. Supervisors at the cash desk also don’t like to deal with unhappy customers which to me is extremely unprofessional. Management is a bit... small brain. They are made up of a bunch of idiots that pretend they know what they’re doing but they really don’t. Also turnover rate for management is extremely high which is slightly concerning. The customers are normally nice but can be really rude if they’re upset. It’s retail, as expected. The pay is not worth it, you are normally overworked and do more than your job description, at $14/hr with a 10% discount in store...not great at all. Scheduling manager never listens to you and normally schedules you during the days/hours you specified you needed off. The drama is unbelievable, the environment is made up of whiny teenagers that only want to talk about parties and “bedroom” life. Everyone sleeps with everyone, it’s extremely unprofessional. If you’re a student or just looking for something temporary, than this job may suit you. But be warned, it sucks. It is definitely not worth it to work there permanently.
Pros
Almost always given requested time off
Cons
Basically everything else
Winners is a pretty good starting job for new workers. You will be assigned many different shifts that usually have unique responsibilities. It is a shame that management was terrible at my site
Pros
Learn new things, working with others, learning the ins and outs of retail
Cons
hours are long, management is terrible, will call you off the clock for shifts
When working there I had difficulty with the scheduling and there was no online schedule. they had no protocol on how to call in sick and they invaded personal privacy and would not accept me not coming due to illness unless I disclosed all my symptoms.
The hours are given out to cover every two weeks, the sales floor and cashier work are available, as one is able to have a preference or work both. The staff are always very friendly and accommodating should one need to request time off, or modified hours. This job is recommended to those looking for full-time or part-time work, and those interested in retail jobs.
Pros
Company Events
Cons
Holiday Hours
The period i started working in was the time of the winter holidays. Christmas and new year were right along the corner and the store used to be super busy. Lots of associates and way a lot of work, but it all used to be fun as everybody used to sing Christmas carals together, dress up, share food, provide customer s with discounts and coupons etc.
Avrage place to work managment is great pay is usually min wage to start they will treat you well though it is a retail job so expect to have long hours.
When I worked there, they made me feel very welcomed. They are very flexible and understanding with hours, especially with their part time students. Sometimes the managers can be a little controlling but overall they are great and I would definitely recommend working there especially if you are a part time student.
Hours did not work for me but was a good environment to work in. I would recommend to someone who doesn’t need a ton of hours. The dress code is good being jeans and any shirt!
Pros
Friendly, Relaxed
Cons
Slow, No hours
The best place I’ve ever worked for. The staff are amazing (employees and managers) the job in itself is labour intensive at times depending on what part of the store you’re in. Really good work life balance .
Pros
Good work life balance because it’s a big company
Cons
Other than having to stand/ walk around while on floor, none really
ok place to work at. salary is minimum wage. work is a bit stressful. sometimes we have mini parties with food. don't do it if you can't stress your body so mcuh
Overall, everything was ok aside from bad management. My colleagues were friendly and helpful, as well as the customers were really polite and respectful. Just the way the managers critize can be a little overwhelming.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not many hours. Only 10% discount
Working at Winners was a great experience. It was always a good time and fast paced environment. You learn something new almost every other day by the people you work with from their experiences and department that they work in.
Winners was one of the best jobs I've ever maintained. I tell everyone I know to work for TJX companies. It is a great workplace and It feels like a family.
TJX help newcomers to get on their feet and for this reason they are doing a great job in this multi cultural society, weak coordination communication with associate,
Pros
Friendly atmosphere, fun to work, easy to get job, easy to talk to manager
Cons
Not enough hours, not fixed hours, some rules are none sense, not open to new ideas and stick with the old rules
The coworkers I had were great but management was awful and there was a lot of issues before I left. The hours are good only if you have complete open availability. If you ask for a day off and write it in a book, there is still a chance you may not get it even if asking long in advance, then they will make up to you to find someone to cover the shift although it’s not your fault. And then also blacklist you from the scheming you switch shifts too much or give away shifts
when i first started at winners it was a good experience, as time passed by my coordinator on the floor was being rude and putting me down. management is not nice. i call to tell them i can’t come to work because i’m sick or have a family emergency and they say that i’m slacking off when it’s actually an emergency. like they expect me to come to work sick and likely get other workers sick too. coworkers are nice and friendly.
A job at winners is not the worse job u could get. Winners pays pretty well and the do give you days off but schedules change often and they are not emailed to you.
I have been working at Winners for over 1 year. As my experiences, I got a lots of supports from co-workers and managers. Working environment here is so friendly and professional.
I used to start to work with my managers nice smiles and hellos. I have learned excellent customer service. Managers are always willing to answer the questions. Health and Safety is priority. On every huddle we were asked about health and safety policy of TJX Company. Workplace culture is open diversity. The most enjoyable part of the job is fixing and organizing at closing time.