Winners Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 1,235 reviews
Fun workplace with lots of learnings
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merivale,Ottawa,ON29 April 2019
The management of the company is very good. Store always have great manager working hard in service of customers and associates.
The workplace culture is very friendly, accommodating and helping.
The most enjoyable part thing about the store is morning hurdle sessions where they announce the joy winners and monthly associates that encourage others to be more hard working and be a good associate. The hardest part is fitting room on busiest days but then its not stressful if you get two workers in fitting room. Overall it is a good workplace.
Pros
Not stressful
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 February 2019
Good place to work especially for students. Not a lot of hours weekly but the management and employees. Overall I enjoyed working here. Good experience.
Okay for a first job
Sales associate and cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON3 January 2019
Working at Winners was my first ever job so I was able to get the experience I needed in customer service. However, the weekly hours were low, so saving money for school was slow gowing
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 November 2018
Working at Winners is really enjoyable especially when your are working with a friendly and very productive team. There is always new merchandise to place and new projects to work on. You are never doing the same thing every shift, which makes it more fun!
no comment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 October 2018
Being able to talk to people is a must have when working at winners because you want to be able to make a connection with the customers and those you work with as well.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not very understanding
Had its perks
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2018
The people are AMAZING. I made lots of new friends and made relationships with my coworkers that made work more bearable. The management was nice and will answer all your questions as well as help you if you do not know something. You will never feel alone, almost everyone is kind. Hours are super flexible, and it's easy to switch shifts/change availability. Cons is the store is a freaking mess and theres always SO much to do. People wreck everything an you'll rarely get off at the time you're supposed to when closing. Also customers feel very entitled for some reason and you will have to be extremely patient,
Pros
Nice people, caring managers, flexible
Cons
Store is a mess, people are rude
good
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK15 October 2018
It was alright, good first job. worked there for some time and really enjoyed it, loved the people and made a lot of good friends there overall good place.
Pros
nothing special.
Cons
management
Exellent work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON16 September 2018
I greatly enjoyed working at winners.
they have amazing employees and a easie to function work environment. i would happily return to this work.
would recomend to others
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 July 2018
Management did not show care for their workers. They were not considerate about those who were trying to balance school and work. They did not want to try and work things out, but rather force people to quit.
Cons
tiring to the body. overworked.
Fun place to work
Cashier sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 May 2018
It was a good place to work Bigger Company Always Busy and keep you Busy always something to do! always different Friendly People to work with! The most enjoying part was learning Different parts of Working the Store...
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 May 2018
Typically a 7 - 9 hour day with 2 breaks a 45 minute and a paid 15 minute. Learned lots about customer service and working on a register. Great management.
Excellent team culture and great learning experience.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON30 April 2018
Working with other employees to help achieve the greatest customer experience was undeniably an impactful learning experience that helped open my eyes to what it truly is customers desire from any company.
Pretty good place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 April 2018
Managment seems to be iffy, but it is a fun environment and you are valued. It can get overwhelming with so many different departments (clothes, beauty, home, food, etc), but it all works out at the end of the day.
Practice, explore-able, creative
Sales Associate- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
I have learned many thing at the workplace i used to work at. For example i have experienced many things at workplace does not mater if it is bad or good. how to approach them in a different ways without worrying. I am a positive person at y best. I try to make other peoples day when they are having issue making out through out day. i also have leaded few peoples on workplace. The ones who are new hired i have taught them many things for example how to give discount to customers and how to punch in promo codes into the machine as a cashier.
Pros
Making the environment positive
Great Place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2018
My coworkers were always so nice and welcoming. Even to the new person. Working there seemed so easy in my eyes, even though it felt like I was shopping as well as working.
an experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2018
When i worked at winners i found some management was very unfair and rude, i had been helping customer and my manager called me over the P.A system to go clean the purses and instructed me to leave the customer
When i had informed management i was leaving out of the country for a week they got very upset meanwhile my co-worker informed them the same week and they had no negative words like they did with myself.
Fast paced and challenging
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  1900 Warden Ave. E22 March 2018
Winners is a fun place to work at and definitely it has it's challenges and it involves a lot of speed and multi tasking in everything in order to keep up.

On a typical day when serving a customer I would have to remove sensors,double check on the screen if those tickets match the items that are being scanned and if it is the right price then bag the item while interacting with the customer to make sure that customer is happy when leaving the store and all needs have been met .

If the customer is returning we have some procedures to follow that will help us decide if that item is returnable and also to identify if that item is ours since Winners carries majority of the brand name apparels, footwear and home items etc.

when it comes to satisfying customers especially about the returning policy that is the hardest part of working at winners it requires a lot of patience and we have to know how to handle the situation when the customer is upset.

The most enjoyable part of working at winners is definitely the team your working with the management and coworkers are all very friendly and supportive.
Pros
There's employee discount
Cons
Because of the great deals I always end up spending once I get paid.
productive
cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON9 March 2018
learned how to do markdowns on products when it was time to using the designated machine, assisted with deliveries of products in the mornings and helped with bringing products to the floor, assisted with the assembly of displays
The training was very good, they work with my schedule so very understanding.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 December 2017
I enjoy having my training experience there, they really understood my day to day schedule and they are very responsive to questions. The dress code was a little hard at first then I adjusted.
Not all fun and games
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  DDO8 December 2017
I have met most of my friends there, the staff is quite honestly the best part of the job. Some customers will make your day, others will ruin it.
Some managers may be tougher than others, it really depends where you work. They're usually flexible with the hours you give them but will want you to work more during the holiday season. If you're a student, they expect you to give them at least Saturday or Sunday as an availability.

When the sales are bad, they tend to cut back on hours, leaving the rest of the employees understaffed and forced to work twice as hard to close the store. This is what I hate the most, because they also expect you to finish everything on time, even understaffed.

Good thing to know; you're not only a cashier. Most of the associates know how to work in the warehouse, the jewelry, the fitting room, the floor, etc.

The workplace culture celebrates people from different ethnicities and I admire that a lot.

Overrall an OK workplace, but if you're part time, don't stay there for too long!
Pros
Lot of different departments to work in
Cons
Cut shifts when they are not making sales