Winners Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 84 reviews matching the search See all 1,237 reviews
Relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS21 August 2019
Calm work environment , good staff , caring management, relaxed job but loved it very much , had fun always and high energy as well loved working here
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Hard on back and feet
Productive Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 July 2019
My position as a cashier was to aid in any questions or problems that the customer had. As well as ensure that the customer is satisfied with their visit and/or purchases. The staff, managers and customers made this job extremely easy, everyone was super nice, and willing to help.
cool; kid
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB17 June 2019
was really really really okay. maid me see life in a new lite. the man i call musia and will from this day forward has maid me happy in ways i could not keep going if it was not for the man i call the lord
Pros
free produts
Cons
death of fammily.;(
Decent job, bad environment (specific location)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON23 May 2019
I actually liked the job itself most of the costumers are nice and fun to talk to and it's physically very easy, if you can handle power trips and highschool like cliques and gossiping it's fine.

My least favourite thing about the job is that they use humiliation as a tool in training, They would speak to you like child or sometimes insult you infront of costumers or literally tell them that you don't know what your doing or that they're sorry that they had to deal with you, there was two times where it was so out of line that the costumers had asked the manager to leave me alone. They make you feel like an idiot because your not as fast or as knowledged as them when they've been there for years and your on your second week. How are you supposed to improve if they scare you out of asking questions?

They also lie about how many hours they'll give you in the interview I was told 30 to 40 but got 15 or less and it was mostly 3 and 4 hour shifts, they'll sometimes ask you to come in early or stay later but if you can't they'll accuse you of lying and make you feel bad, One of the times I was babysitting my 2 year old nephew and couldn't come in 4 hours earlier then I was scheduled and the manager who called suggested that my aunt come home from work independently so I could come in, when I said that wasn't possible she said that I must not be willing to work 8 hour shifts.
Pros
Costumers, Easy on your body
Cons
Hours, co-workers
Hostile environment
JTX- Retail and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC16 May 2019
coworkers are not helpful, no fixed work hours, poisonous work atmosphere, not enough training, very low payments , never give you a full time schedule.
Pros
Nothing but ingratitude ceo
Cons
25 hours a week schedule
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2019
very busy environment to work at, great customer service, big store and contains everything, from clothing to home goods. fun and productive place to work at.
Pros
store has everything
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 March 2019
I maintained cash for majority of my time there, the management team was kind and very understanding of any issues or scheduling. Everybody was friendly to me and made me feel very included within my first week of being there.
Pros
Fun enviornment
Cons
Always stayed on cash
nice enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2019
typical day at work mostly spend on stocking or cashier.also assisted people in finding items in the store
manegment was very helpful (was taught a lot on the first day)
not thing was too hard
helping costumers was probably the best part of the day
great team
Cashier and Floor Helper (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 January 2019
I worked with some of the most reliable and helpful people. The team looked out for each other and was always helpful. Had to deal with a lot of negative customers.
Good hours because its usually always busy.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2018
Not many opportunities to grow unless you're full-time.
good hours and time goes by faster
there is so much to learn every day
need to be vigilant, there's so much to look while ringing any transaction
employee benefits are not good enough, neither is the employee discount.
content
Floor, cashier (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB7 December 2018
comfortable professional work environment, staff are very friendly and helpful. opportunities to advance and a very fast pace work environment, would work again
very flexible and accommodating place to work- great for students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 September 2018
they have inconsistent management skills. workers are super friendly to each other, and get very close! work rushes come and go in waves. the company is very big with human resources and loss prevention. very interactive.
Don't work here if you're White
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bay and Bloor Toronto29 August 2018
This store has a racist bully culture against anyone of European heritage. The management ignore instances of bullying against Whites. All White people have been or are in the process of being pushed out of the front line positions.
get together at winners
big lines up
always busy
good discount
friendly co workers
Pros
free lumches
Cons
long lines
I am someone who is willing to fill a stop at this store I would love to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON23 July 2018
This store is somewhere that I shop at and since I am looking for a job it seems to be the perfect fit I love talking to people and helping them as best as I can
Pros
Working for money
Cons
I play hockey
really nice
Cashier and jewellery dep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2018
I honestly loved working with tjx. I worked in the winners and it was very organized amungst the store, but lack some communication because or the overflow of employees.
Amazing company with very little to no flaws.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Stouffville, ON16 May 2018
It's like going into a family reunion everyday, Management and fellow co workers are amazing 24/7.

Everyone has each others backs there is never a day where you don't laugh. I have had great management and work with a terrific team and this is my favourite part of the company.

However the hardest part is trying to move up in the company. For me personally it's because I do actually give great customer service at the cash register, but it prevents me from moving up when I am constantly on a cash register. Meanwhile associates who have been hired recently have gotten training in numerous different areas of the store.
Pros
annual associate appreciation events, family environment
Cons
workers with seniority getting pushed back for new employers, no set work schedule always a guessing game for people with open availability, not being allowed to work other areas in the store.
Fun to meet new people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2018
I typical day would be handling the frontline and doing the cash office. Following all the instructions given and mentioned by my superiors. Listening to customer needs and providing the best solutions and providing the best customer service that I can.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Less hours
great place for high school/university students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON3 May 2018
Winners is a great workplace for students as they are somewhat flexible with their hours/shifts. It is a great place to learn since they have different sections where you could work.
Pros
good hours
Great, friendly place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2018
working here is fun and I sometimes look forward to going into work because I know the shift will be easy. All of the employees are friendly, and its super easy to switch or pick up a shift. There's often food in the break room that people take turns bringing in, and on holidays we have pot lucks, and events such as free dinners, or we go bowling or have picnics. The hours aren't late, or too early.
Pros
friendly, flexible
Cons
not too many hours available, only 10% discount