Winners Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Found 53 reviews matching the search See all 1,283 reviews
Good place to work at
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 September 2017
Amazing people there they really to make new friends , their polite to the customers And the managers always like to help out on the floor and cashier.
Pros
Free snacks on break
Cons
I like the hours they gave me
Interesting
Womenswear Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2017
During a typical day working at Winners, day to day functions are very simple. You help process merchandise to be floor ready, hep customers find what they need, and clean the store at the end of the night. I have found most of the staff a joy to work with, which makes the days past by faster.
Pros
Lots of socaial events
My favourite overall
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
This was my most favourite of all job placements overall. The staff were friendly and I got along with them all. I would probably go back if they called me
Friendly Work Environment
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
Winners, overall very friendly and understanding stuff. Management is great and communicates openly. I also look forward to my shifts there and the wonderful people i work with. In time of conflict with customer, management is always there to provide support and assistance.
Pros
Friendly environment, great staff, fun place to be
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Good leadership, great team work
Customer Service, Stock and Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 February 2017
A good place for students or part time workers. Not the best place for a carrear as it ws not unionized so not many benifits were available or wage increse.
Pros
Good managment, friendly enviroment.
Cons
limited career advancment or wage advancment oppourtunites
nice workplace and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 September 2016
it was fun to work there and i learned a lot. i gained experience in customer service and how to deal with customers that have complaints.
Nice people, nice management
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 August 2016
Most of my shifts started bright and early at 7:30 AM. Everyone was always happy to be there and eager to get working. Management was easy going and accommodating to any issues with scheduling and there were always opportunities to pick up more hours.
friendly environment but back breaking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2016
Winners is a great place to work! Great for students that just need a part-time job and for people who love fashion and big brands. Working at Winners has it's benefits there's a lot of incentive programs for the associates to keep you motivated!

The downsides of working at Winners is that you don't get a lot of opportunities to move up in the company. Mostly part-time to full-time and then coordinators. That's as far as your going to get. So if your looking to move up in the company then you should be looking for another company! For fulltimers there's not much balance between work and life!
great place for students but not much else
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2016
Winners home sense is a great store to work for. especially if you are a high school or post-secondary school student because of the flexibility they provide. Though for older people seeking a stable job with good pay and good chances of promotions, this is not a preferable choice. it is a minimum wage job, that cannot be expect to offer full-time hours to all and rarely promote employees from within.
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
promotions are rare
Great place to work with amazing co-workers
Cashier and floor associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 January 2016
Fun place to work in a fast paced environment. Good co-workers make the shift go by really fast. A typical shift for me will usually be serving customers at the cash. Occasionally I did have to work in the mens department or hang back the returned merchandise.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place to work at!
Cash Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 October 2015
Great Co-workers
Received great hours
Equal opportunity for everyone to apply at a higher level
Supportive management
Pros
Met great customer
producive fun workplace
Warehouse/ Sales Floor/ Fitting Room (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2015
Winners was a productive fun workplace, the only downfall was the lack of hours as spring and summer arrived.Fellow employees were hard working.
Pros
Fun Productive Workplace
Cons
Lack of Hours When Spring and Summer Arrived
Le moment de gloire
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 March 2015
L'aspect difficle de mon poste à winners est travailler dans le salle d'essayage.

Je travailler dans la salle d'essayage pour environ 3 ans. J'ai commencé en tant qu'un benevole puis apres avoir obtenu les experciences necessaires, j'etais la premiere personne d'etre elu de tous les 6 benevolats provenant de l'admistration youth services bureau.

Winners m'a beaucoup appris sur ce qui consiste au monde de travail. Je develloper des bonnes competences, de bonne maniere de s'adresser aux clients quelque sois atmosphere du travail.
Pros
Motivation des clients et des employes
Cons
Ne donne pas plus des heures
Fast paced environment providing excellent customer service
Administration Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 September 2014
Typical day at work involved balancing 10+ cash registers. Making daily bank deposits, reporting over and shortages to management.
Logging all employee purchases as well as the layaway plan.
Balancing floats and petty cash. Performing weekly safe audits, as well as keeping inventory of markdowns. Provided additional help to scheduling and orientation for new hires.
I learned to be time manageable and accurate. Attention to detail is a plus, it is demanding at times and stressful. But overall a great experience. Working as a team made things a little bit easier that being said everyone working on the same page, along with the other co-coordinators. Part of management was very diligent, some not so great at their role. Hardest part of the job, basically we strive to provide great customer service at all times even when the customers are being rude. Patience is a virtue, keeping a calm and safe environment for all staff related as well as our valued customers. The one thing i enjoyed the most was working with some many different people all with different ethnic backgrounds. Had the opportunity to learn a bit further on what drove them to this country and look for a better future.
Pros
If you enjoy working with people, it opens doors for advancement in the company.
My typical day at work
Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 July 2014
Well I was on time as usual, I would spend the morning cleaning and facing the products, then the rest of the afternoon I would stock items and make sure everything is in order. I would help customers with questions or concerns of any sort.
Pros
Relaxing lunch
Cons
Productive and interactive place to work.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 July 2014
Different tasks assigned to different workers. Fast paced environment.
Very busy when working
Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON5 June 2014
I enjoyed working with people and getting to know other people
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
working part time
Productive and good team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 May 2014
I enjoyed working at Winners. However, the hours I wanted were not flexible enough for me. The team was great. Working environment was productive and efficient.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Not flexible hours
Winners
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2014
Love working at winners
The co-worker are friendly
It was brief but I learn so much about retail in Winners
Great management, fun and helpful staff, accommodating
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Ontario3 October 2013
A very friendly place to work, management very helpful, encouraging and accommodating. Staff dinners, pot lucks, incentives to encourage staff. I don't really think there is a hard part to the job except maybe Sunday shifts which are a normal part of retail these days and even then management is very accommodating. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public, the different types of people you meet its incredible, people are great and when you can help them and find that perfect whatever they are looking for it makes them so thankful. The encouragement and pat on the back the management gives makes you feel good and that your contribution is important and you want to do your best which makes you feel like part of the company. I love the store for shopping also.