Winners Employee Reviews in Ottawa, ON

Found 50 reviews matching the search See all 1,257 reviews
It was a great experience I enjoyed working there.
sales person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 August 2019
It was a place where I've learned a lot about the world. I had a fun time there, were everybody I as friendly as they come. The hardest part of the job had to be the long hours when I got tired, and yea it gets boring at time but what job does?
Productive, fun place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2019
Super Fun work environment. Good for when your looking for something to keep you busy or if you love being on your feet. Wasn't a fan of their low quality sensors as it would always go off.
Fun workplace with lots of learnings
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Merivale,Ottawa,ON29 April 2019
The management of the company is very good. Store always have great manager working hard in service of customers and associates.
The workplace culture is very friendly, accommodating and helping.
The most enjoyable part thing about the store is morning hurdle sessions where they announce the joy winners and monthly associates that encourage others to be more hard working and be a good associate. The hardest part is fitting room on busiest days but then its not stressful if you get two workers in fitting room. Overall it is a good workplace.
Pros
Not stressful
Cons
Somewhat boring never really felt adequately trained in areas
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2019
I became part of the team at the start of the busiest time of year so i understand their reasoning but I was only really trained in two sections of the store. which down the road lead to less available shifts for me.
micro-gestion et rentabilité
Merchandise coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 December 2018
généralement un bonne endroit de travail pour la vente au détail.
beaucoup de micro gestion
beaucoup d'importance mis sur l'exécution rapide et rentable (mois d'associers possible) des taches liers au fonctionnements quotidiens en magasins.
peux d'importance porté sur la mise en marcher, la présentation et la manipulation de la marchadise, ce qui crée beaucoup de désorganisation dans l'exécution de la mise en marcher et donne l'allure d'un magasin sale, désorganisé et parfois malpropre.
Cons
courtes pauses et horraire de travail rigoureux.
a fun place to work
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 December 2018
I had an amazing working experience. I worked in retails and learned how to organize displays and shelves. I learned how a sales associate deal with customers.
Amazing Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 July 2018
Even though when working for a retail store with a large staff, management is key. The company is very accommodating to lifestyle, very flexible with work and personal life balance.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
After close clean up
Unaccommodating Training
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 June 2018
Overall, I did not enjoy my time at this particular volunteer placement. I found the other employees took advantage of the fact that I was a volunteer, and ordered me around more than necessary.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Fun workplace, flexible schedule
Part-time sales floor associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 May 2018
Winners is a great, professional, fun place to work if you're interested in the retail business. There is great opportunity for an individual to gain customer service skills but also interpersonal skills such as communication, organization, time-management skills.
Interesting job but good experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2018
Enjoyed the less stressful lifestyle of being a retail salesman at Winners when I compare it to my Five Guys job but helping people find what they are looking for and seeing them happily walk out with the store with their new debonair outfits really made me proud to work there.
Great Workplace with Great Management/Staff
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 March 2018
Great place to work! All of the managers are incredibly nice, understanding, and fun while still doing their jobs and keeping the store running smoothly.
good
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 February 2018
Winners is an amazing place to work. they have been voted best place to work in canada for multiple years. the south keys location is probably the best job I have even held.
Pros
family
Cons
retail
Fun
Cashier & Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 February 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. It was a friendly and fun atmosphere, and I actually enjoyed going to work each morning.
I felt the leadership team was great as well. They knew all of their employees on a first name basis and tried to make those personal connections. I also enjoyed that fact that the office tried to do community outreach with local organizations.
Great place to work, friendly staff, decent pay
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 November 2017
The staff was great, management was great, and the whole environment was great. I always looked forward to going into work and had no issues picking up shifts from other people. Management was flexible with scheduling and were always giving out extra hours.
Productive and fun at work restaurents/year
Coordonnatrice aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 November 2017
Flexibility, team work, social activities, friendly environment but not enough work benefits.
Start meeting when among opening team,assignments /start
Pros
Scheduled lunch
Cons
Much responsabilities for coordinators but less benefits
Fun place to work with room for growth
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 October 2017
Enjoyed working here. The management is interested in your growth and development within the company. They offer various training and network opportunities to those who are interested. Improved my communication and leadership skills immensely while working here.
Pros
Fun environment, Career advancement, Exceptional management
fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 September 2017
I worked with great people and great products. Each shift at this career was fresh and unique, which ensured an aura of excitement for both customers and staff.
Pros
clean work environment
Cons
short staffed
Good place to work at
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 September 2017
Amazing people there they really to make new friends , their polite to the customers And the managers always like to help out on the floor and cashier.
Pros
Free snacks on break
Cons
I like the hours they gave me
Interesting
Womenswear Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2017
During a typical day working at Winners, day to day functions are very simple. You help process merchandise to be floor ready, hep customers find what they need, and clean the store at the end of the night. I have found most of the staff a joy to work with, which makes the days past by faster.
Pros
Lots of socaial events
My favourite overall
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 May 2017
This was my most favourite of all job placements overall. The staff were friendly and I got along with them all. I would probably go back if they called me