Winners Employee Reviews in Mississauga, ON

Found 70 reviews matching the search See all 1,236 reviews
Decent overall.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 July 2019
The main thing I liked about working here was the training and skills I gained. I was able to be trained not only in a retail setting, but also in the warehouse of the store too. At this location, 99% of my co-workers were also very lovely and helpful. I felt comfortable and relaxed working alongside them because I knew they'd support me if needed.

Some of the issues I had: difficult to communicate (can only contact managers by office phone), messy store with little time given to clean and ensure that products are in saleable condition, and some very demeaning and rude co-workers. Overall it was confusing and stressful--many of my shifts involved a cycle of a co-worker telling me to do something and then another co-worker telling me do to something else, as well as my co-workers expecting me to know little rules that I was never taught.
Pros
can build many skills, receive lots of training, mostly friendly co-workers
Cons
busy, messy, rushed tasks, hard to communicate
typical part time job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2019
just a typical part time job. management is good and can usually accommodate requests. They often will ask you to start early or stay late showing bad time management
Good work place
General Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 March 2019
A good place to work, supervisors are ok.
Benefits its ok, I think that Winners is a good place to work for someone beginning of work career. Management takes care of employees
Nice and friendly place to work at.
Jewellery Coordinator/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 March 2019
Definitely a fast-paced work environment. However, over time you will adjust to the flow of things. The workplace culture is very diverse and friendly, and management is just as friendly and understanding! Working here isn't hard at all, but can be tiring from walking around all day. But if you are an active person, it's perfect for getting our walking count in!
Heavy-lifting job
ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 December 2018
Working as an order picker at Winners was an interesting job, however, it was difficult because of the heavy lifting. I learned organizational skills, as well as time management skills.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Heavy lifting
Outstanding company who values its people
Translation Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario5 December 2018
TJX Canada, or Winners Merchants International, is a phenomenal employer who values its people, by enabling everyone to act as business owners, to expand their skills, and contribute to the company's objectives and bottomline. The culture is one of its best feature; the values support the daily activities, and drive success. The impressive head office is a great place to work, with its expansive cafe, top of the line gym facilities, collaborative work spaces, and open concept offices. I most enjoyed the people and the growth opportunities at Winners, and am so glad to have been part of this company for over 10 years before relocating back to my home town.
Pros
Sample sales, competitive benefits package, cafeteria, gym, culture.
A great place to start
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2018
A great place for new grads to get their feet wet in a working environment. It is a young vibrant workforce who know how to play hard and work hard. Definitely a must if you are finishing school.
cool
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 September 2018
Winners is a beautiful store with all the facilities. Each day you get to work in a different departmentT. Good Management, helpful supervisor. Cool cool.
physical work so hard
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2018
Should be strong physically and mentally because of the need to fulfill targets and face the customers too. Work in different departments give a confidence and experience of work its a great assets
Fun Place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 July 2018
I was able to work very short time here but enjoyed my work to the fullest. The co-workers and the supervisor was awesome. They were all very helpful and polite in explaining the ways of work.
long hours but easy work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 May 2018
- not much to do other than logging cars out as truck drivers come to take them
- in terms of security nothing happened during my watch
- long hours in the summer can be hard because you must stay outside by the cars
Pros
not much to do, alot of free time
Cons
have to stay outside
Excellent company to work for
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2018
Comfortable environment to work in, Management is great, and excellent workplace culture.

The environment is great for learning new things, and meeting people of diverse background and culture.
Promotes work life balance
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2017
The company offer vacation trade to assist with work life balance. Cultural events are recognized and celebrated with all associates, regardless of position or title.
Pros
Diveristy amongst associates
Cons
Managers content with status quo
Great people to work
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 September 2017
It was good place to learn many things and colleagues and seniors were great.

Flexible Hours to work. Very accommodative bosses.

Very nice office environment.
Pros
Flexible hours
good part time
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 May 2017
flexible time schedules good workplace culture. easy training and good minimum wages. good employee discounts and renovated workplace. friendly managers.
High pace environment that required quick adaptation
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 April 2017
The training on the job was lack lustre and ineffective. They did not set you up for the realistic work environment. The work experience was more of a burden than anything, they expected a lot from you and gave little in return. Leaving this company due to a sickness made them more upset than concerned. At the end of the day its about the bottom line.
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Less care on associates, more emphasis on bottom line
Decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 April 2017
The job itself is pretty average, the co-workers were very nice, and everyone was extremely helpful. The only problem for me was the management at the time. Some of them were very helpful, and encouraging but one assistant manager in particular made working there a very hard chore, and put me in an environment where i didn't feel very comfortable.
Pros
Amazing co-workers
Cons
loved working for the management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2017
helping people,also working as a team getting the job done typical day just tidying up the store again hardest part buggies in the winter...........
Fun and welcoming environment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 March 2017
A typical day at work would be helping customers with things and cleaning.
What I learned was how to do cash and markdowns
Management is nice and understanding.
The workplace culture is diverse. Everyone is super welcoming and nice to each other and everyone is friends with everyone.
The hardest part of the job is cleaning alone when there is a lot to clean and being told to do 10 things at the same time.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be talking to the customers and building relationships with my fellow co workers.
Pros
Great clothing and great prices to shop for.
Cons
Not enough hours
Professional Work Place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 March 2017
A diverse team to work with, variety of job experiences and an open and positive work environment. Management is supportive of new ideas and changes and encourages collaboration and initiative.