Winners Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

Found 46 reviews matching the search See all 1,260 reviews
A great place to grow and achieve new things
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2019
I'm very happy to have worked with this company for six years, I wish it could be longer. Everyone that I have worked with has been to kind and welcoming and very helpful.
It’s a really great place to work there, because of management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2019
Best place to work
Amazing team of people to work with
Decent hours, always ask to extend when needed. During the holidays it’s the best because you work hard get paid good and work with amazing people
Pros
Free lunches, amazing people to work with
Cons
Rude customers
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 May 2019
very busy environment to work at, great customer service, big store and contains everything, from clothing to home goods. fun and productive place to work at.
Pros
store has everything
Cons
not enough hours
great
Processed sales (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2019
I currently just reached my second year working for Winners and I have had nothing but an amazing experience working there. The staff are great, management is amazing and overall the job is great. I enjoy going to work every day and enjoy what I do. I couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
find good stuff
Decent
Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 March 2019
The employees were fun to work with but some were die-hard too serious with a lot of things. It was a busy store so there was always things to do. Typical day was stocking shelves, making sure the store was tidy, helping customers, working the cash register, and whatever miscellaneous task the managers wanted you to do. One thing that bothered me about the job was that there are norms/rules that needed to be followed and the only way to know about them was to read about them during your breaks or outside of work hours when you're not getting paid.
Pros
Get 15% discount
Cons
Boring tasks for long hours
Very enjoyable work experience
Cashier/warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2019
As a company Mcdonald's is a very fast paced environment i learned a lot of customer service skills and really enjoyed my time there.Sometime there was a period were the work load was alot but i was able to handle it.
goog peop;le to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 February 2019
it is a great place to start your work life for a long time. But salary is low and your schedule depends on store sales which mean that sometimes will be a full week and sometimes two or one shift per week. managers are okay but nobody after and of the day don cares about you or your needs. they just expect you to work as hard as you can and as much as you can for 15$ an hour. so in two weeks, you earn less then 240$. They expect too much for that much money. And don even asks about benefits.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
low pay
Good hours because its usually always busy.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2018
Not many opportunities to grow unless you're full-time.
good hours and time goes by faster
there is so much to learn every day
need to be vigilant, there's so much to look while ringing any transaction
employee benefits are not good enough, neither is the employee discount.
really nice
Cashier and jewellery dep (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2018
I honestly loved working with tjx. I worked in the winners and it was very organized amungst the store, but lack some communication because or the overflow of employees.
fun work place
Cashier, stocker, Jewelry counter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2018
it was very good experience working there, I learned working with customer, managers were very kind. workplace was friendly. I'm looking forward to work there again.
Pros
good discount
Cons
very busy
Its retail
Full Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
High paced, lots of work, little "quiet time" cool stuff comes in sometimes that the staff get first crack at. I personally did not enjoy my time with the company.
Excellent place to start for a first time job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Winners is very busy place so your day goes fast and I enjoy to be on women's section because of the variety of brands. Is a good place to improve your English skills if you are an immigrant
Pros
very close to my house
Practice, explore-able, creative
Sales Associate- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
I have learned many thing at the workplace i used to work at. For example i have experienced many things at workplace does not mater if it is bad or good. how to approach them in a different ways without worrying. I am a positive person at y best. I try to make other peoples day when they are having issue making out through out day. i also have leaded few peoples on workplace. The ones who are new hired i have taught them many things for example how to give discount to customers and how to punch in promo codes into the machine as a cashier.
Pros
Making the environment positive
Heavily Expanding Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2018
Continuously changing, evolving. Standards is observed. There's always changes. Turnover at 50% in associate base. Management is approachable and can be engaged in casual conversation.
organized
Part time Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2018
The Winners' company was quite organized within assigning tasks, and getting work done. However, I was not happy with the wage, and the fact that it did not come with benefits. The coworkers were nice, but the boss was very demanding. The business was okay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No benefits
Fun, productive and easy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2017
The company was great mannered. Workers were helped. Supervisors do a great job helping new asociates. Makes it easy for us workers. The company pushes younto do better.
Pros
Free gift cards
Cons
Time
Not Available
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2017
Typical Day: Easy Going

Management: Management could be better. Our store manager would yell at us in front of customers. You could tell when he was angry and wouldn't even acknowledge us. Even if you got your shift covered, he would be angry and would expect the scheduled person to come in.
My experience
Cashier/Floor work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
It was nice working there and fun. I enjoyed the job and my co-worker s were amazing. I liked the work environment and the culture. I learned a lot about customer service.
agreable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2017
milieux de travail agréable, un vrais travail d'équipe.
Pros
discounte magasin
Cons
rien
Access to great deals, poor management
Jewelry Consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2017
Lots of fun putting out and displaying stock in jewellery department. When putting cloths and shoes back you get a chance to see all the deals out there. Not great hours, not very good pay, poor benefits.
Pros
all the deals
Cons
hours, pay, benefits