Winners Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Found 59 reviews matching the search See all 1,259 reviews
Productive and team environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 September 2019
It's a great place to work, everyone works together and if you are unsure and ask for help you always get the help need. It is a fast paced work environment, I find that the shifts fly by as you are always busy.

As well the managers also work and help you out.
Terrible workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 September 2019
The managers hide in there office all day and get annoyed when they need their help. Christmas time is the worst and the customers are so rude and managers embarrass you so the customer always feels “right”. In an 8.5 hour shift all you get is a 45 min unpaid break and a 10 min paid break. That means you are standing as a cashier for 7 hours and 35 minutes do the exact same thing over and over again. Terrible place to work don’t even try
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Terrible breaks, rude customers, unhelpful management
Extremely reliable job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2019
Out of the few retail jobs I have had, winners is the most amazing place I have worked at. The management are the ones who glue everybody together and make it a peaceful place of work. When you get a job at winners it’s almost as if you have a second family. No store can manage being as efficient, organized, strong willed, helpful, and accommodating as winners is, (as cliche as that might sound)!
Pros
Accommodating
Cons
Rules changed too often
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2019
Winners has an extremely friendly atmosphere and it is an overall great place to work. All co-workers are friendly and you quickly feel comfortable with everyone.
I learned how to provide customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 May 2019
I learned how to process merchandise and do markdowns following the standards of the company. Also, I improved my customer service experience.I was cross trained in every department and during one shift I was working at least in two departments.
Furthermore, I learned what means teamwork at my workplace.
The hardest part of the job was working closing shifts and holidays.
Management doesn't know how to talk to you as there is a lot of stress.
Cons
Good organization within retail business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 May 2019
Good organization within retail business. Dynamic and leading organization within industry. Opportunities for growth.Schedule flexibility required. Good to learn.
Lack of a structural system
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2019
Winners was a really "go with the flow" system, and when there were many customers and not enough employees, everything on the floor would freeze and the customer would come first. The way this was done though really slowed everything else down and the closing staff could almost always expect to go home very last (~an hour after closing) due to having to catch up.
Cons
Really fast paced and stressful
fun workplace
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 May 2019
the team work is great, employees are very kind, they sell great products and wardrobe.task are pretty easy, lots of things to do, and get free lunches.
Pros
lot of help
Cons
so much to do
Jewelry Clerk and front cashier/customer service
Jewellery clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2019
My experience working at Winners taught me about customer service, professionalism and tolerance The Work team was fun and a kind Environment, management was not very helpful.
Daily routine organizing work space, fixing displays if needed. inventory. Stock, serving customers
Enjoyed the value i got working there, the skills i acquired to excel towards success. being able to bring assistance, excellent customer service was enjoyable as well.
Pros
Discount on items
Repetitive Tasks
Front line coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2019
Great starter job for a young adult looking to make some money, would find it hard to make advancements in the company as there are so few jobs in upper management
nice enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2019
typical day at work mostly spend on stocking or cashier.also assisted people in finding items in the store
manegment was very helpful (was taught a lot on the first day)
not thing was too hard
helping costumers was probably the best part of the day
Ops Coordinator Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2018
Management is friendly and helpful.
Typical day in my position can be frustrating sometimes as it gets very busy most days.
Everyone working there gets a long and are happy.
Hardest part of job for me is not having enough staff on and closing the store then opening the next day. Very hard....barely enough time to sleep.
Had its perks
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 October 2018
The people are AMAZING. I made lots of new friends and made relationships with my coworkers that made work more bearable. The management was nice and will answer all your questions as well as help you if you do not know something. You will never feel alone, almost everyone is kind. Hours are super flexible, and it's easy to switch shifts/change availability. Cons is the store is a freaking mess and theres always SO much to do. People wreck everything an you'll rarely get off at the time you're supposed to when closing. Also customers feel very entitled for some reason and you will have to be extremely patient,
Pros
Nice people, caring managers, flexible
Cons
Store is a mess, people are rude
Friendly Environment
Retails Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2018
My experience at winners wasn't bad for a first time student job, I stayed for 6 months at my location. For the most part everyone was quite friendly and willing to help you learn. They provided lunches and snacks for you as well on certain days, which was a nice gesture for the employees. Some of the aspects I personally believe, could have made my experience better at Winners were things like management and opportunity for growth. throughout the duration of my employment, I was stuck at fitting rooms and rarely got placed anywhere else (cash, floor, warehouse, etc.). if i had the opportunity to experience other positions more frequently i would feel more motivated and excited to come to work because i would be handling different tasks everyday and learning something new.
stressful and physically tasking
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2018
great managers but the job is physically tasking. you are not given a specific job description as an associate, you do everything including cleaning the washroom.
busy and quickly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2018
every day you learn new things. you are always busy. give to customer best service. I have worked as cashier, in fitting room, warehouse and assistant associate floor, coordinators.
Pros
learn some new things every day
Cons
doing quickly multitasks
get together at winners
big lines up
always busy
good discount
friendly co workers
Pros
free lumches
Cons
long lines
Okay Work Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2018
Manager at the Beacon Hill location was very misogynistic and rude to employees who were not of his culture. It is very hard to please management despite all hard efforts.
Fun to meet new people.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2018
I typical day would be handling the frontline and doing the cash office. Following all the instructions given and mentioned by my superiors. Listening to customer needs and providing the best solutions and providing the best customer service that I can.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Less hours
Nothing much to say
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2018
For winter seasonal i learned a lot from my 3 months in winners. Employees and management were not bad, and pay was fair. First impressions though are very important with winners and keep up those impressions in high standards and do not slack off.