Winners

Canada1,621 reviews

Found 1,621 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,685 reviews
associatetjxstorefittingcashretailfloorfavourite

Great staff

Great staff to work with, very helpful and supportive. Job can be very repetitive and boring at times when slow. When extremely busy and short staffed its frustrating. Staff discount is low.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Staff Discount

oor management

They don't give enough hours and cancel your shifts the day before. Was not trained properly and not trained in all depts. One snotty manager and some rude coworkers. There were a few nice coworkers.

Pros

Cons

poor training, at least one bad manager.

Insights into Winners

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager

Fun place to work

Started as a part time associate, but was told that they cannot guarantee a certain amount of hours. Schedule was changed continuously so you always had to drop in to check to see when you were to work. Staff And managers were fun to work with.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Not enough pay or hours

Good people

The people that work here are pretty great, of course there’s a select few that Arnt but that’s normal. The job itself is pretty decent. You get to see all the stuff before it hits the floor so that’s exciting. Only complaint is you can be very busy running around doing things constantly and in those cases you can get quite frustrated, especially when certain people expect you to get things done quickly when you getting called to do other things constantly

Toxic Workplce

I worked at a new store in downtown Calgary.and the backroom coordinator would always scream to you if you make a slight mistake and belittles all associates. All the other coordinators and managers were very nice tho.There’s a high turnover rate, because of the lack of hours for hiring too many people and only giving one shifts a week, two shifts at most. and the backroom coordinator gives loves to disrespect sales associates for no reason.There’s no advancement to the company either, it’s just a regular minimum wage job.

Productive place to work and fun place to be at

I enjoyed working, management was supportive and even learned a few things. Sometimes it would get busy but it was fun being with the team. The hardest part was offloading boxes in the warehouse during the winter but it was enjoyable especially when the over-roller manager would join the warehouse and help out

Fun but toxic people

It was whatever wasn’t the greatest managers have favourites and it’s obvious and the ones who aren’t the favourite get stuck doing maintence shifts..

Pros

Good break times

Cons

Management isn’t the best

Good environment, management can be lacking

You’ll always be busy here, product is always going out. The inconsistent stock keeps things interesting as you never know exactly what there’ll be. Assisting with customers is priority since you want them to enjoy the “thrill of the find” as they say. The co workers are great, they tend to hire people who are friendly and welcoming. Although management is not the greatest. Communication is practically not even there, one manager will tell you one thing and another will tell you the complete opposite. If you request to work in a specific position, be prepared to get less shifts in that position and the few scheduled shifts you do receive they’ll end up moving you. They’d rather hire someone else than give more hours to their current employees.

Pros

Busy, 10% discount, friendly co workers

Cons

Communication, few shifts

Fun workspace, bad flexibility

Fun workspace with friendly co workers, but part time get next to no hours (part timers were getting 4-8 hours weekly starting off) and winners are not good at working around your availability (not very flexible)

Winners was one of the best places I've ever worked. The associates, The Customers Service Co-ordinator and The Managers were all great to work with! I had so much fun working there. Would highly recommend!

Great first job

this is a very good job to start off in customer service with. you will be faced with some problems that you need to professionally handle, which is a great skill set to obtain.

Working as a student was fantastic

Flexible hours and great management and team, always there to listen and is always willing to help you in accordance with your schedule and will help you attain a good work and life balance.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Non

Typical retail position

Essentially a glorified cashier position. All the pressure and no respect. Lowest spot on the management totem pole -and expect to be treated like it.

Pros

Benefits, guaranteed hours, some authority.

Cons

Little to no training, worst support and morale out of the whole store, subpar pay, NO work-life balance

Fast pace and demanding retail environment

I have been working for this company for almost 9 years at multiple stores. The job can be very stressful and demanding especially during busy seasons. A lot of issues within stores do not get properly addressed, Issues and are often times swept under the rug with no repercussions for actions unless you work at a high volume location. District managers can be very demanding and often times expectations are unrealistic, Labour hours that are given in order to maintain store cleanliness and successful stock management/merchandising standards are not ideal.

Pros

Company pays for associate gatherings, 10% discount, holiday season 20% friends and family discount, company operational contests to win extra $$ for store gatherings, benefits, paid vacation

Cons

Long 9 hour shifts, not much balance between work and personal life due to fluctuating schedule, Stressful work environment, As a manager there are not many incentives, stores are not given enough hours, staff are overworked which results in low associate moral

Very poor manager now

We used to have a great manager until a few months ago. The new one is not well liked because she is VERY unfriendly to the point of being rude. Thank Heaven for the 2 great assistant managers who are nice. They never have enough staff which makes it very stressful and pay is minimum wage to start. Only a 10% staff discount as well. I really used to like working there but not anymore.

Pros

10% discount which is better than nothing; 20% for 4 days 4 times per year

Cons

not enough staff; heavy workload; very stressful

Horrible

The employers would always tell us to come at our day off, the place is dirty and feels I clean, and I was payed too little for working so much. They would also make me work every day 4 hours and when I told them for fore hours, they said sure but did nothing.

Amazing Company, but with a few cons

I heavily enjoyed my time at Winners. The managment was great, and my work always felt rewarding and appreciated. The only con is that it can be physically demanding in some situations. We would get an overwhelming amount of stock, with no space to put it. Backstock was discouraged. There was a lot to take on as a morning member. Evenings were more laid back. Weekends are required, which could be difficult for those looking for Full-Time. I would not reccomend a student to work during the mornings as it can become a lot on your body (especially with warehouse shifts and door to floor). Frontline was always great and went by quick. I overall gained a lot of useful experiences at Winners, but as a student it was just not working out for me since it lacks flexibility.

productive, good experience

good job, even for a first. worked with kind people, and little workplace drama. learn to provide great customer service.

Easy Interview

Good place for first job experience. I waited a month for it to be concluded, but my interview process was easy. First they asked for background check and then they made a price offer.

Weird management/great team

Loved the other people I worked with that were on the same level as me. Management did not let me pursue my other job as a career, knowing it's what I went to school for. That's the reason I left.Made lots of great lifetime friends though!

Not willing to accommodate or management is not encouraging or have no compassion

most co-workers were nice, encouraging, and helpful. To much gossip, discrimination. People that are more qualified would not always get a promotion, I find management picked only people they liked or was a close friend or family member. In my city its not what you know its who you know to get a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement