Winners Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail productif
Associé (Former Employee) –  Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QC22 April 2018
- employeurs compréhensifs
- bon environnement de travail
great place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2018
great management and team, easy to learn, flexible hours great staff, love work, great bonuses fun environment and atmosphere love love love love love love apply here
Pros
easy to learn, flexable hours
Cons
A productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 April 2018
I enjoy working here-- the management makes it a great, safe, and welcoming environment for all associates and customers. Working at Winners for three years has really helped me develop my communications skills, and has allowed me to put into practice what I have studied in school as my major. I would really appreciate a more secure working schedule, however, being trained in every zone of the store has allowed me to enjoy my time there as an associate.
Its retail
Full Time Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
High paced, lots of work, little "quiet time" cool stuff comes in sometimes that the staff get first crack at. I personally did not enjoy my time with the company.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK18 April 2018
The employees were great to work with. it was such a great place to work with the positive attitudes each employee had. I enjoyed working with this company.
Super nice staff!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 April 2018
I enjoyed working here. On days where not a lot of stock came it was very slow and boring, was understaffed most of the time, especially on busy days. The management and staff were super friendly and I made quite a few good friends.
Fun First Job
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 April 2018
This company was my first job, and it was such a great experience. I felt very welcomed and the staff were more than patient in teaching me the ropes.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 April 2018
It was a great environment to work and the staff was amazing. The hardest part of this job was helping customers find certain products as there was a big mess all around and most enjoyable part was being around everyone.
Productive and enjoyable place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 April 2018
Working at winners taught me how to work with diverse cultures. My day would consist of handling cash, stocking products, and help people find what they need leaving them as happy as they can be.
Excellent place to start for a first time job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Winners is very busy place so your day goes fast and I enjoy to be on women's section because of the variety of brands. Is a good place to improve your English skills if you are an immigrant
Pros
very close to my house
Practice, explore-able, creative
Sales Associate- Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
I have learned many thing at the workplace i used to work at. For example i have experienced many things at workplace does not mater if it is bad or good. how to approach them in a different ways without worrying. I am a positive person at y best. I try to make other peoples day when they are having issue making out through out day. i also have leaded few peoples on workplace. The ones who are new hired i have taught them many things for example how to give discount to customers and how to punch in promo codes into the machine as a cashier.
Pros
Making the environment positive
Great Place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2018
My coworkers were always so nice and welcoming. Even to the new person. Working there seemed so easy in my eyes, even though it felt like I was shopping as well as working.
productive
Warehouse Attendant Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 April 2018
I worked in the warehouse doing censoring clothing and shoes.
I worked in the fitting room doing recovery
I enjoyed doing the tasks and working with my coworkers.
Pros
productive
Love being apart of the winners team
Cashier (Current Employee) –  White Rock, BC5 April 2018
It's a great environment to work in, I have made many friends working. there as everyone gets along. I love being there and using my customer service skills. Winners has taught me a lot me in the past years especially with my customer service skills and my worth ethic.
Easy work, meh management
Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 April 2018
I've worked at the Winners Kelowna location for nearly two years now.
in the beginning it was a fun job. the atmosphere was awesome, great management, a few bumps but nothing too bad.
I felt like I really mattered. however, since the move about a year ago, things have somewhat gone down hill. every time winners hires a lot of new hires, the seniority people who've been there awhile gets thrown out the window. you don't get good shifts, you actually get horrible ones while they baby the trainees. then they expect you to train them without giving you proper compensation.
I've gotten 3 raises while I've been there and yet I still am making just above minimum wage (just below 12$/hour)
as a university student this makes it hard to make ends meet a lot of the time.
if youre looking for long-term winners is not your place.
if you're looking for a summer job, attempt it.
Productive and fun place to work, gained workplace experience
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON4 April 2018
I enjoyed working at Winners and Homesense Georgetown during the winter holiday season, unfortunately, I was unable to stay due to pre-planned family trips. I enjoyed working with my coworkers and got along with many of them outside of work. The hardest part of the job would be the long hours and the tendency for employees to have to work late.
an experience
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON3 April 2018
When i worked at winners i found some management was very unfair and rude, i had been helping customer and my manager called me over the P.A system to go clean the purses and instructed me to leave the customer
When i had informed management i was leaving out of the country for a week they got very upset meanwhile my co-worker informed them the same week and they had no negative words like they did with myself.
Decent Workplace
Warehouse Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC31 March 2018
Nothing bad to say, nothing outstanding about it either. Good benefits, good chances to move up in the company if you are driven, I would recommend this as an ideal place for students due to the scholarship they offer.
good hours, not good management
Experienced cashier (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB30 March 2018
getting good hours for being a part time worker but the management is absolutely terrible. going to work is not something i look forward to, managers and assistant managers are focused on their salary and their reputation much more than the well being of the workers. if company advancement is something you want, be prepared to wait months for any help from anyone. the employees at this winners are wonderful and everyone helps to make it feel like more of a family rather then a coworker only relationship. The busy days are definitely a challenge but with the right people its fun!
Pros
good hours
Cons
terrible managers
Excellent company to work for
Senior Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 March 2018
Comfortable environment to work in, Management is great, and excellent workplace culture.

The environment is great for learning new things, and meeting people of diverse background and culture.