Winners

Winners Employee Reviews

Found 1,495 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,558 reviews

Great place to work love company culture no advancement very slim chance of moving up in company low hours good if you need part time job or second job

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Barely any advancement opportunities next to none

Good place

Decent stsrt job in retail good hours flexible shifts ok decent pay overall a good experience cant really conplain about anything other than bad customers but thats everywhere

Pros

Muliple breaks, good environment, easy load

Cons

Customers

Not a great job

Overall not the best of places to work new employees are treated better than ones that been 3 plus years no job opportunities for employees that have been there much longer than new employers

Pros

Was a great job at first

Cons

No job opportunities

Not the best place to work

The interview process was really easy and the wage was fair for the job. My only problem was management since they picked favorites and created a super toxic work culture. Many people who started left after about a week since management did not train new people properly and acted quite passive-aggressive to their associates. It is a good first job to have since you learn basic skills but I don't recommend staying long if the workplace environment is toxic. Many people were upset with management since they were really rude and harsh. Other than that, the job itself was good.

Pros

making friends

Cons

management had favourites

I enjoyed working with the staff everyone was nice and I love to shop there so getting a discount every once and a while is nice but your always busy when working and I like that

A fun and hard working company

At Winners it was like I was apart of a family. The only problem was that I found the job too repetitive and I asked to be trained in more areas and it never happened. Other than that, it was a very encouraging environment and very safe.

Pros

Bonuses and monthly rewards

Cons

Lower wage

Bad management

Tjx is not a great company to work for. Had multiple associates from different stores in my city say the same things I am about to. Great coworkers mainly but management is awful. Procedures and rules are ridiculous and most managers do not treat employees respectful. If you do something wrong, everyone around you knows about it. They care too much about the wrong things. Will not give full time benefits to basically full time hours unless you are a coordinator. Training was minimal yet they expected you to know everything without telling it. My location, specifically, hired way too many associates when the store opened and gave most of us 4 hours A WEEK. But when September rolled around and most of us need to cut back on hours, they gave out at least 20 a week. Leaving us scrambled for school and life as no one could cover shifts since our hours were full. So not extremely flexible with hours. Is an easy and fun job, but not with how the company is run. If you need a minimum wage part time job for short amount of time, I recommend, but anything other. Do not go for it!

Pros

Easy, fast paced job

Cons

Terrible management

Easy going workplace with nice coworkers

Winners can be a pretty easy place to work. The coworkers and managers are nice. You just need to keep your section clean and this can become difficult if the store is very busy because customers will basically ruin everything you cleaned right after you cleaned it. The management also gives you free food randomly - sometimes free breakfast like muffins, poptarts & juice boxes, sometimes free lunch like tuna/egg sandwiches.

Pros

Nice working environment

Cons

Rude customers

Great management and company. Horrible coworkers

The work environment is very poor. Coworkers are not welcoming of new employees and seem to do anything in their power to get new associates to quit or be fired. It’s a shame as the company and management is amazing but coming into work everyday knowing your coworkers will likely be gossiping about you or reporting you for things you haven’t done sucks. Many associates have been hired and have quit in under a year because of this.

Pros

Company bonuses, discounts, amazing management

Cons

Bad environment, terrible co workers

Fun place to work but not if you want hours!

Slowly takes hours away and don’t give full time because they don’t want to give benefits. Other than that the people are nice and management is mostly good.

Pros

Strict Covid rules

Cons

Not many hours

Fun workplace

No pressure at work everyone are willing to help. The managers and supervisors are very supportive and willing to train and encourage you to grow. Co- workers are like family.

Not what you think

Managers insist your part of some great team, although barely get a discount & its minimum wage. Senior staff clicky, suck up to managers and plain mean.

Terrible place to work

The managers don’t treat you very well at all. If you don’t do something right you get yelled at in front of customers. The associates are all really nice though. The management is just really bad

Pros

Free lunches occasionally

Cons

Terrible managers

Gret place to work you will meet very nice people very helpful. 8

WINNER IIS a great place to work if you enjoy working in a fast pace environment, there is never a doll moment you can be busy from the beginning of your shift until the very end.WINNERS is great for training their associates before going on the sales floor also has great incentives if you achieved your store targets.

Pros

Great incentives like dinner for your team

Cons

What once was my favourite shopping experience to not wanting to support the company at all.

The GM is very caddy, right along with the rest of the all female management team. They all talk about each other behind their backs, they won’t give you a full time position, unless you’re manager, in which case the GM takes credit for everything good that happens. They don’t know how to pick their battles with employees and then they wonder why there is such a high turn over rate. I became a senior employee after one month because everyone leaves.

Pros

Nothing. Even the discount blows.

Cons

Long hours on your feet on hard flooring. Not fun.

Loved working here

I loved working at winner, staff was great. I loved all my job duties. Hours were flexible. I worked on the floor mostly putting away merchandise and keeping shelves tidy. I’m considering applying again.

Pros

Flexible hours

It was cool the first 4 months

Honestly, I really liked it at first. The staff and management are very welcoming and it definitely has a great environment. The hours arent consistent. I could work 30 hours one week and work 10 hours the following two weeks, so if you have bills to pay then don't apply to be part-time. Don't be surprised if you only have 2 or 3 four-hour shifts a week. You basically only get hours if a holiday is approaching. It also isn't uncommon for a part-time worker to work another job. Sometimes a specific manager can come off bossy and makes you feel stupid but nobody has ever confronted her or reported her. I've heard coworkers complain about not receiving their full pay but that hasn't happened to me personally (as far as I know). The store has a type of environment that doesn't make you want to leave but the inconsistent hours definitely pushes you away. Managers come and go all the time due to promotions but they've all been super nice. The job itself is easy unless you're a greeter (usually given to new hires). A lot of part-time workers also leave within the first year of working.

Pros

free snacks (sometimes), inside the mall, perfect working environment, all age friendly, managers care

Cons

only 10% off, Inconsistant hours, extremely talkative coworkers

Management is terrible

Management is lazy, slow, with very poor communication skills. You will get different answers and direction based on which manager you talk to, and employees get in trouble for listening to one manager over the other. Constant turnover because employees are lied to about hours during the hiring process. Promised all the hours you want and then scheduled for two 4 hour shifts per week. Workers are talked down to and under appreciated.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Poor management, low hours, disorganized workplace

Équipe formidable

J’ai vraiment aimé mon expérience chez Winners. Je ne pense pas qu’on peut retrouver une ambiance de travail pareil dans un autre endroit, les employés sont très fantastiques. Le fait qu’on soit un très grand groupe aide à avoir un horaire très flexible puis trouver du remplacement facilement lors d’un imprévu. Très compréhensif au niveau de la direction donc c’est parfait pour l’école!

Pros

Très flexible, parfait pour les étudiants

Cons

Favoritisme aux niveaux de quelques employés

Not equal opportunity

In 3 years working for them no equal opportunity I've gotten very opportunity if any and do the same things day after day when I am scheduled there is simply no opportunity to work for this company

Pros

Great for management

Cons

Very short hours for part-time

Not good

This job is extremely stressful and the pay is not good but you are expect to work like you are making 20$ an hour and not 13.50.The managers barely do anything.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Long shifts, unpaid breaks, min wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Winners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement