Winners
Coronavirus update

Winners Employee Reviews

Canada1,423 reviews
Found 1,423 reviews matching the search
its a okay beginner job where an emplyee can learn a lot about work ethic and how to handle various tasks and such with time management. The management is very chill and can be versatile to your needs.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Repetitive Routine
Un environnement stimulant et qui salue les succès .
Pros
Avancements
Cons
Aucun
usually when I first come in I have to be screened for covid-19 which involves a temperature check and a questionnaire to be filled out by me. After that I come onto the floor and put out stock for my shift, or I'm on cash or in the warehouse. Being in the warehouse is my favored place to work, as its away from customers. I learned a lot about working in a retail environment here, 10-10, shrinkage, security tagging, standards. The workplace culture is pretty good, monthly events for all employees, gift cards are given away based on "gold stars"
Pros
10% off, fun employee events, managers who care about you
Cons
inconsistent hours, long days in the warehouse, high standards
The store is too big. Theres almost always either too many people working or not enough people working. The “make the customer happy” guidelines are followed way too closely as most in store rules are broken to make customers happy, which makes no sense at all, why have rules if you’re just going to break them. Supervisors at the cash desk are too flaky and don’t ever listen to you when you need help, or they get mad too easily. Supervisors at the cash desk also don’t like to deal with unhappy customers which to me is extremely unprofessional. Management is a bit... small brain. They are made up of a bunch of idiots that pretend they know what they’re doing but they really don’t. Also turnover rate for management is extremely high which is slightly concerning.
The customers are normally nice but can be really rude if they’re upset. It’s retail, as expected.

The pay is not worth it, you are normally overworked and do more than your job description, at $14/hr with a 10% discount in store...not great at all.

Scheduling manager never listens to you and normally schedules you during the days/hours you specified you needed off.

The drama is unbelievable, the environment is made up of whiny teenagers that only want to talk about parties and “bedroom” life. Everyone sleeps with everyone, it’s extremely unprofessional.

If you’re a student or just looking for something temporary, than this job may suit you. But be warned, it sucks.

It is definitely not worth it to work there permanently.
Pros
Almost always given requested time off
Cons
Basically everything else
Winners is a pretty good starting job for new workers. You will be assigned many different shifts that usually have unique responsibilities. It is a shame that management was terrible at my site
Pros
Learn new things, working with others, learning the ins and outs of retail
Cons
hours are long, management is terrible, will call you off the clock for shifts
This job is a good starter job for High School students looking to get into the work world. You are able to learn a lot of valuable skills that you can bring with to any job in the future.
There was a high turnover rate of managers. In 5 years I went through 12 management changes. I felt that I was an important part of the team after being there for 5 years but that all changed when I became ill and could not work. I was let go for job abandonment when I was clearly on a medical leave with all the appropriate paperwork filled out.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No job security
I am able to say that my experience here has been thee best so far, I learned many things from working here and my co-workers were extremely respectful.
doesn't matter how hard you work you'll still get paid minimum wage. but I worked for almost 2 years, loved my management but they can cut your hours too.
Lots to learn for a new immigrant. Easy access to the cultural set-up in Canada. Vibrant workplace. Fulfilling customer's requirements was the best part of the job.
When working there I had difficulty with the scheduling and there was no online schedule. they had no protocol on how to call in sick and they invaded personal privacy and would not accept me not coming due to illness unless I disclosed all my symptoms.
working at winners was very easy to me, i had good environment around me my co workers were great people and over all i enjoyed working there while it lasted,
Working at winners requires a lot of hard work, as you are constantly being pulled in several directions with certain requirements you must meet in an extremely fast paced environment.
The company is okay. I feel like there could be better communication between managers. It's a lot of work and not enough pay. There's not enough to make most associates enticed to stay past a year. The culture is okay. The interview process was easy enough.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customers.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers or having extra work with almost no recognition.

Remember, this is retail. So, the amount of work that is put upon workers is a bit outlandish, especially around Christmas time. You may see you finish work at 9:30 PM but you're expecting to stay sometimes over an hour past clock out time. Once again, for the same pay.

Would I recommend this job? Perhaps for a high school student or a student in college who could use some extra cash. That's pretty much it. You could do a lot better, believe me. The managers are flexible with scheduling, I'll give them that. But for those who have aspirations and dreams, you'll either feel trapped here or feel that you can't do any better so you stay until "everything falls into place."
There is a lack of movement within the company. For a company that prides itself on its workplace culture, their policies encourage collaboration and communication however, the actual day to day job is stressful. The expectations are too high from management. They operate using strict time standards for everything, but these standards must have been developed by someone in an office because they are unreasonable.
Overall it was a good place to work. The staff on the whole was friendly and supportive. Management was moody - but the work was fun! Lots of learning opportunity but pay wasn't too great.
Working at Winners has its ups and downs. Your colleagues become your friends and you can have fun when the time is right. Winners is always busy. Customers are in and out all day.
I love working for TJX- Winners.
I have never felt so welcomed in any other job I've had before. I've met people who are now the closest of friends.

We are a family at Winners.
I've learned a good deal at Winner. It's a great community of people, with good leaders, and a fast-paced environment. There's always new to learn and see every day.
Pros
Fun team building activities.
Cons
Not all stores are using new equipment.
I worked part-time and earned minimum wage. Managers are very nice and safety is a priority for employees. You can be chosen to work in different areas depending on your shift.
It’s good for part time position, full timers tend to be under a lot more stress than the rest. Pay is minimum wage, hours are not always guaranteed. Friendly environment and can actually develop relationship with co workers, managers, etc