Wings Tap and Grill

Wings Tap and Grill: 32 Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews

The people were great the management not so much

Absolutely fantastic comradery among co-workers however management thinks they are helping but lack of communication and understanding make even the best intentions turn sour

Pros

Free meal for kitchen staff on a 5 hour or more shift

Cons

Little to no communication between management and staff

Super unfair uninvolved management

Costumers are generally amazing and often tip well. However severe favoritism is obvious and manager doesn't care about the staff or the company and only looks out for themselves. Wish this issue was resolved because the place has wonderful potential but I've never been treated so unfairly at a workplace and I've been in this industry 10 years

Pros

Good tips

Cons

Awful management in foh.

Insights into Wings Tap and Grill

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Supportive environment

fun workplace at first, turns into a disaster

at first my experience there was alright, but through the time ive been working there, the management seems to be getting ruder, and they cuss out employees, and boh staff arent any better too and the pay is very low... only bright side is free staff meals... it's mostly favouritsm and playing the blame game... I highly do no recommend applying for a BOH job here

Pros

free meals

Cons

difficult co workers

Fun Workplace

I've been working with wings for quit some time and it's been great .Easy money in tips if you work busy days. but Just heads up it gets overwhelmed sometimes .Management is good too, pretty flexible with the schedule Manager Lovely is the best ....

Cons

have to work Sundays

AWFUL. Worst place to work at

Managers are super unprofessional. How did the managers even get hired honestly. Definitely would not recommend. For what you do, you do not get paid well. They make you work super late. The managers have no idea about the meaning of professionalism. So many people quit. Worst place to work at costumers are awful too. Trashy & ghetto place. Dirty place too!

Pros

Cons

Exploitation

Abbotsford/Sumas

Some nice people working there for some reason? place is run terrible. Very high stress. Better to avoid this place and work anywhere else. Management isn't qualified for their jobs. The chain seems to be going downhill and this store appears to be leading it.

Pros

easy shifts as not much business

Cons

stressful, unorganized, dirty, food cooked wrong, run down, many guest complaints

Abbotsford wings don't work here

Bad place to work. Very rude and unprofessional people to work for. Very high turnover and tons of complaints from customers that they don't care to resolve.

Pros

You can quit

Cons

Mean people, unprofessional management, cold wings

Nepotism at its best!

Being told to help put the pub in the correct way, though shot down at every “money making” opportunity! Horrible core staff (foh /boh) NO LEADERSHIP!

Pros

If you’re lazy and don’t care, you’ll love it

Cons

Owners don’t care at all about passion, COVID rules(they let everything slide, especially with their own family) management is NEVER on the floor

Busy Restaurant

Pretty relaxed expectations, fun work atmosphere, good team, reliable business, decent tips. If it wasn't a good place to work, I probably wouldn't still be there after 4 years.

No communication no support poor management bias owner

Lack of support from management, blame shifting, owner is rude and judgmental and untrusting of all employees. Absolutely no communication or consequences, expectations are unrealistic and unattainable. Owner will never give acknowledgement of work well done but quick to cut you down and certainly not with constructive criticism... however the cooperation is run and owned by a very nice family who are very encouraging and supportive. Surrey,Richmond and Burnaby franchise are a joke. Not to mention Burnaby is infested with cockroaches and mice. There are droppings and bugs everywhere despite the many efforts of subordinate staff to clean and contain the issue.

I like working there

I like mostly everything about working for this company. The people are amazing, I honestly don’t have any complaints. If you show commitment and dedication to your job you get the same loyalty in return.

I do not reccomend working here

The ownership at this wings location does not treat workers fairly or respects them. They will cut hours if you stand up for yourself. They remain understaffed during busy nights to save costs at the expense of their servers performance. I do not reccomend working here, it's not worth the headache.

Great and Friendly Staff

Welcoming and fun staff to work with. Many opportunities to move up and have a different position. Managers were kind and thoughtful. Big rushes on Sundays and Wednesdays.

Pros

discount on sundays and wednesdays

Cons

later shifts usually 5pm - 12 am

Recruited being a slave

I was hired as a restaurant superviser but ended up being a server. I was working 60 hours and being paid for only 35 hours. I was working 10 hours a day for 6 days a week. No breaks. Owner does not care because his business, he sees it more as a hobby and because it is failing he makes his staff work more and doesn't pay them or pays them under the table because of their visa. Would not recommende working at any wings tap and grill a

Learned alot while working there and had great staff

Wings tap and grill was a great place to work. I enjoyed working with all the staff. Had a lot of great regular guests that made the job fun to go into each day.

Awful Place to work

I don't recommend working here. I knew I was going to be a bust from the beginning most of the people were so ignorant. Management is no good. They don't train well but expect you to know everything. If you ask a question they are even ruder. Tips aren't great. I wouldn't eat the food after working there. There is no sense of organization or proper communication. .

Very Good Management and Staff

I am enjoying working there . Everyone is so nice . Owner is so good and our manger is so lovely. She always help us:) customers are always very friendly and always enjoy going to work

Cons

Wish we can get free Meal

really fun and cheerful place to work at

everyone super friendly!! management is great and are very flexible for when shifts are needed to be covered or need time off. hardest part would probably just be having to stay till 2am

good

it was a good job an i enjoyed my time there everyone was nice the resturant is very clean service is always good flexable hours they gave me they had lots of music events witch i though was realy cool to have for a resturant

Pros

free food

Cons

management

Productive and a fun work place

Come in the morning to a clean kitchen, having a great crew and sometimes there would be coffee or donuts waiting. Hardest part of the job would be not having enough people on when there was an order coming in during a lunch rush and the dishwasher that would open the store was always a few minutes late. But the crew were usually great to work with.

Pros

Free employee meals

Cons

Small kitchen

It was good

There was some amazing people i worked with and our amazing customers. Learning that making people smile no matter how your day may have been going was amazing, I loved working for this industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wings Tap and Grill. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement