Wings Tap and Grill

Wings Tap and Grill Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Busy Restaurant
Pretty relaxed expectations, fun work atmosphere, good team, reliable business, decent tips. If it wasn't a good place to work, I probably wouldn't still be there after 4 years.
No communication no support poor management bias owner
Lack of support from management, blame shifting, owner is rude and judgmental and untrusting of all employees. Absolutely no communication or consequences, expectations are unrealistic and unattainable. Owner will never give acknowledgement of work well done but quick to cut you down and certainly not with constructive criticism...
however the cooperation is run and owned by a very nice family who are very encouraging and supportive. Surrey,Richmond and Burnaby franchise are a joke. Not to mention Burnaby is infested with cockroaches and mice. There are droppings and bugs everywhere despite the many efforts of subordinate staff to clean and contain the issue.
I like working there
I like mostly everything about working for this company. The people are amazing, I honestly don’t have any complaints. If you show commitment and dedication to your job you get the same loyalty in return.
I do not reccomend working here
The ownership at this wings location does not treat workers fairly or respects them. They will cut hours if you stand up for yourself. They remain understaffed during busy nights to save costs at the expense of their servers performance. I do not reccomend working here, it's not worth the headache.
Great and Friendly Staff
Welcoming and fun staff to work with. Many opportunities to move up and have a different position. Managers were kind and thoughtful. Big rushes on Sundays and Wednesdays.
Pros
discount on sundays and wednesdays
Cons
later shifts usually 5pm - 12 am
Recruited being a slave
I was hired as a restaurant superviser but ended up being a server. I was working 60 hours and being paid for only 35 hours. I was working 10 hours a day for 6 days a week. No breaks. Owner does not care because his business, he sees it more as a hobby and because it is failing he makes his staff work more and doesn't pay them or pays them under the table because of their visa. Would not recommende working at any wings tap and grill a
Learned alot while working there and had great staff
Wings tap and grill was a great place to work. I enjoyed working with all the staff. Had a lot of great regular guests that made the job fun to go into each day.
Awful Place to work
I don't recommend working here. I knew I was going to be a bust from the beginning most of the people were so ignorant. Management is no good. They don't train well but expect you to know everything. If you ask a question they are even ruder. Tips aren't great. I wouldn't eat the food after working there. There is no sense of organization or proper communication.
not a professional work environment
the management were not experienced with their jobs as and were unprofessional with their jobs letting their personal felling make the judgment. the hours were scares were would be cut off early if not busy.
Cons
not enough hours
Very Good Management and Staff
I am enjoying working there .
Everyone is so nice . Owner is so good and our manger is so lovely.

She always help us:)

customers are always very friendly and always enjoy going to work
Cons
Wish we can get free Meal
Great Co-workers, Bad owners
Owners are hard to work for. After over two years running the place still know nothing about the restaurant industry. Owner let's his 17 year old son talk to the staff disrespectfully. Won't address verbal harassment in an appropriate manner. Owner is constantly "patching" things up instead of properly getting them fixed. Always complains about money. On another note made some amazing friends working there.
Cons
Owners
really fun and cheerful place to work at
everyone super friendly!! management is great and are very flexible for when shifts are needed to be covered or need time off. hardest part would probably just be having to stay till 2am
good
it was a good job an i enjoyed my time there
everyone was nice the resturant is very clean

service is always good

flexable hours they gave me

they had lots of music events witch i though was realy cool to have

for a resturant
Pros
free food
Cons
management
Productive and a fun work place
Come in the morning to a clean kitchen, having a great crew and sometimes there would be coffee or donuts waiting. Hardest part of the job would be not having enough people on when there was an order coming in during a lunch rush and the dishwasher that would open the store was always a few minutes late. But the crew were usually great to work with.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
Small kitchen
It was good
There was some amazing people i worked with and our amazing customers. Learning that making people smile no matter how your day may have been going was amazing, I loved working for this industry
Fun and productive place to work.
I loved working there and got along with everyone. Just not enough hours for me had to find something else with more hours.I took care of salads and desserts and apply had my own section and enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Fun and professional people to work with and for.
Cons
Not enough hours.
The only reason this place gets 3 stars is because of the previous owner.
While I was working here a family bought the store and were absolutely ignorant about how to run a restaurant (they even admitted it themselves). The previous owner was a fantastic boss and man in general.
Terrible employers
Took advantage of many employees, underpaid, then fired everyone. Provided very little assistance to management, which in turn hurt employee experience.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Not secure employment
fun place to work
staff and management were great. customers were very friendly and always enjoyed going to work. money was very good there. it was a sports oriented bar which made it very enjoyable
Great staff moral, and even better managment
It's a great job with a great staff. I constantly am working hard, and rarely get a chance to leave the facility. However because it's so great I really don't mind.
Fun place to work at .
I worked at Wings for many years. We want through a ton of managers but I can honestly say I enjoyed working here . I noticed now that they constantly have new staff working.