Wings Tap and Grill Employee Reviews

really fun and cheerful place to work at
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2018
everyone super friendly!! management is great and are very flexible for when shifts are needed to be covered or need time off. hardest part would probably just be having to stay till 2am
Productive and a fun work place
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2018
Come in the morning to a clean kitchen, having a great crew and sometimes there would be coffee or donuts waiting. Hardest part of the job would be not having enough people on when there was an order coming in during a lunch rush and the dishwasher that would open the store was always a few minutes late. But the crew were usually great to work with.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
Small kitchen
It was good
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC28 November 2017
There was some amazing people i worked with and our amazing customers. Learning that making people smile no matter how your day may have been going was amazing, I loved working for this industry
Fun and productive place to work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC14 November 2017
I loved working there and got along with everyone. Just not enough hours for me had to find something else with more hours.I took care of salads and desserts and apply had my own section and enjoyed it very much.
Pros
Fun and professional people to work with and for.
Cons
Not enough hours.
The only reason this place gets 3 stars is because of the previous owner.
Host, Bartender and Expo (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC6 November 2017
While I was working here a family bought the store and were absolutely ignorant about how to run a restaurant (they even admitted it themselves). The previous owner was a fantastic boss and man in general.
Terrible employers
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 September 2017
Took advantage of many employees, underpaid, then fired everyone. Provided very little assistance to management, which in turn hurt employee experience.
Pros
A pay check
Cons
Not secure employment
fun place to work
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC12 September 2017
staff and management were great. customers were very friendly and always enjoyed going to work. money was very good there. it was a sports oriented bar which made it very enjoyable
Great staff moral, and even better managment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC24 August 2017
It's a great job with a great staff. I constantly am working hard, and rarely get a chance to leave the facility. However because it's so great I really don't mind.
Fun place to work at .
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 August 2017
I worked at Wings for many years. We want through a ton of managers but I can honestly say I enjoyed working here . I noticed now that they constantly have new staff working.
Bad owners
Server (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC31 May 2017
This resturant would have been good to work at if the owners werent completely cluess. They took up a huge part of the kitchen for their office where they would pull us off our section on a busy friday to serve them for free. Their familys would come in with tables of 20 and not pay and not tip.
fun place to work at
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 January 2017
nice people owned this place. I fit right in. Right into the dishpit they sent me. And, I answered there call. As, Wings Tap and Grill was a busy place during the summer months and glad I had the chance to work there. They were very satisfied with my work ethic there.
Pros
free lunc
Poor Management
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 November 2016
Upper management only really cared about the bottom line. The quality of staff that were hired wasn't very good. In turn affected the customer experience. The cooks didn't seem to care all that much either about food quality.
Owner and Operator
Owner, Operator (Former Employee) –  Quesnel, BC30 September 2016
Day to day operations include scheduling, payroll, inventory, menu updates and maintenance. Leveraged business administrative skills to drive sales in a small community. Built an upscale restaurant from scratch, that consisted of 250 seats and 30+ employees.
Fun atmosphere
Line Cook & Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC21 January 2016
A typical shift at Wings Tap and Grill was very fun. My co-workers always helped me get through my shift and always brightened up my day but the kitchen management was very unorganized and did not treat many people with respect and dignity. But the General manager and the managers for the front were very nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was cooking. Ever since I was a kid, I have always loved to cook so it was fun cooking and making money from that.
Pros
discounted food for my friends and family, 1 discounted meal per shift
Cons
sometimes had to work late cooking and doing the dishes at the same time
Fun people poor managment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC8 September 2015
Very fun people to work with however the management is quite poor. I didn't learn a whole lot more than I already knew. I had the typical dishwashing job, storing food and dishes, removing trash, sweeping and mopping floors, The most enjoyable part of the job at Wings was the co-workers.
Pros
free food
Cons
poor managment