Wingate by Wyndham

Wingate by Wyndham Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
I loved working at the Wingate. Staff is amazing & hardworking. We're allowed to use the pool & the gym. We are treated very well. The hardest part of the job is trying to satisfy every guests, which is impossible.
general manager protects his own interests. Very cheap when you need to replace important resources, Cuts our benefits almost every year gives an increase of $0.25 cents and treats indigenous people like we are noone.
Pros
Job security
Cons
poor management, no human resources, poor work life balance, poor wages
Not a good place to work, The general manager who is related to owner of this hotel is ver unproffesional and abusive who doesnt care about their employee.
Very stressfull and health and safety for workers is not their priority as the management are all igonorant of basic employee rights.
Stressful place to work, The General manager is very unprofessional and abusive. I will not recommend this company. There is no human resources. This family run company and no job security as the manager emotion always run high and intimidating staff by threatening to fire them in simple mistakes..
This hotel goes all out in all that they do. Super friendly staff all around excellent team work environment just a feel good place to be and work. I highly recommend working at this establishment they will make you feel like part of the family from day one.
So, for the first maybe 4 months, it was awesome, promised advancements and raises and was given more and more responsibility. But then,there was no compensation. General manager is all about herself. Leaving absolutely no room to advance or grow. I am so disappointed in this place. It was really amazing for months, and then something switched. Really to bad. Has great potential.
High energy work. Great job for people with no experience/ young people. Good for weekends and early morning on the weekdays. Not best for students looking for after school job.
I love housekeeping, I work in 3 different areas. I work in the breakfast bar, laundry and housekeeping. I love every aspect of my job, though it is not what I went to school for. I enjoy being there and working with my crew.
This is a good place to work and the people are a lot of fun and you can going swimming after work or work out or help out doing more things so much fun.
This is a great hotel to learn at. They will put you in every dept if that's what you want in order to teach you everything. Most of the staff has been there since it opened.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Wingate by Wyndham?
I wish some of the staff wasn’t there and I wish some of the staff was still there . I had a bad time with the management office . They don’t care about you they look st you to be a number . They don’t want to hire anyone that doesn’t look speak or act a certain way . The mangers are rude and do not Appreciate anything. Your job seems like it’s always on the rocks . My opinion they need to start new with everyone.
Pros
Cons
Managers
Poste pas trop agréable, les journées de travaille longue et d'autres employés hypocrites se comportant comme ton supérieur, puis ils ont raison sur tout. Desfois tes heures de travailler non payé, même si tu te plein ça ne change rien le manager s'en foute.
Pros
Repas gratuits
Cons
Tu n'es pas trop considéré, d'autre employé se comportant comme ton supérieur et qui ont toujours raison, Salaire trop bas pour le travail demande
I applied as a student for the night audit position. 2 days of training, the next weekend I'm on my own, they then text me telling me instead of friday to Saturday I'm now to work Sunday to Thursday 11pm to 7am or I'm fired. As a student I couldn't work those hours so I was promptly let go.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Management, inadequate training, unreal expectations from students
It was just Seasonal. I enjoyed the staff.
the job description was not quite created, so it was unpredictable, until I just stayed in laundry the other tasks were extra is they needed me,
Beautiful hotel. All the good staff left as the owner treats everyone terrible. She's like an old race horse, might have won some races in the past but is now old, and needs to be put out to pasture.
Pros
New modern hotel
Cons
No appreciation for staff
Work flat-out in cramped guest rooms with zero training for a manager who does not care about staff safety or well-being. Management is very pro LGBT and prefers LGBT staff.

What I learned: That I am worthless, despite working very hard and being reliable.
but when they have someone running the motel for them that is so rude and does not care about the workers that should be said to highter people than her .because they have such a beautiful hotel it will not stay open long if they keep 1 of their management working for them
Pros
exelent employees
Cons
don't care about employees
Spent a lot of years with this company the people were great my experience there was definitely memorable. learnt a lot of my experience with them along with my confidence.
The mangers were very kind and the workplace environment was exceptional. The customers coming in very also very friendly. The truing for the job was easy to grasps as well, the software being used was simple and quick to learn.
I like the staff and work environment that i work. I love our guest. but again it's time for me to move on. I am well known to our loyal valued guest.
a typical work day at the wingate by wydnham airdrie is usually busy, polite guests and management. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet guests that come from all over the world.