Windward Software Employee Reviews

Do your homework
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC23 October 2018
If considering a sales job here recommend you should ask to speak with former employees and then make an educated decision if this is the right place. Cold calling expectations and resources are outdated. 50 calls a day. Some of the sales team people have a fence around special industry groups so if you want to call lighting stores you usually cannotbecause “somebody owns it” in the sales hall. Unfair.
Cameras record your every move in the building.
Hr person is good
Pros
The COO is nice.
Cons
Ceo. Mandatory 50 calls a day or paycheque docked
Busness developer
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC22 August 2018
I experienced this company as very hard to fit into if you really care about customers service and winning. Management only seemed to care about money. My workmates on my team were so amazing. The software is verydifficult to sell and super pricey and my guess is that we would be lucky to make a sale on one out of 5000 cold calls if I had to guess which makes it very hard to be succesful here.
Pros
The location
Cons
Many cons too many to list
Great company with a lot of potential and room to grow.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC4 December 2017
I really enjoy my job and the people I work with. I have seen some issues with consistency in the company’s vision but as of late this has been improving rapidly and I have high hopes for the future.
short time there, but a great place to work
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC31 August 2017
I spent a short time at Windward as a business developer. Had to leave for personal reasons. The team there is fantastic! They have a special onboarding program that really makes one feel welcome.

Overall company awareness in the market place is lacking but management is taking steps to make the appropriate changes, so it is a good time to be in sales at Windward.

Overall,a terrific experience and I wish my tenure there had been longer.
Pros
great product, helpful team, great location
Cons
older building..could use various renovations
Progressive & Innovative Company with great people. Working in Paradise
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Penticton, BC29 August 2017
Fantastic opportunity to contribute to the growth of an International Software company with its head office located in The South Okanagan Valley. Dedicated to their clients, with Customer Service being the highest priority, working within a team of dedicated, like minded professionals, is rewarding work. Lifestyle benefits of living and working in a beautiful area allows for a wonderful balance between personal and professional time.
Poor management leads to high turnover
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC28 December 2016
Unfortunately there are many great people who work there. If you are a programmer you might enjoy your manager. There is a lot of turnover in the other departments and even in programming. Management could be called eccentric - and unchanged as they still cold call the same phone numbers of years passed and are unwilling to change their ways. Ask any of the senior employees how much they are proud that they still work there and I think the reviews won't be positive.
Pros
Get to work in the Okanagan
Cons
Small town mindedness - but act like they are a huge amazing fish