Windsor Regional Hospital

Windsor Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to learn skills

This job provided me with lots of skills to be a good nurse. Parking was fairly priced. Management was not the best but this is the same anywhere you work. Most of the floor staff members were very supportive of my learning however, there are always some that are not supportive and you cannot trust to work around. This hospital is known for its poor work climate, many bitter nurses who are unhappy since the hospital was bought out but some floors are amazing to work on. you also get floated quite often which can be stressful.

Pros

lots of learning and skills, parking, 12 hour shifts, pay

Cons

floating, poor support from management and staff

A good place to work

The staff is great and I learn something new daily. They are helpful and kind. I have learned so much over the years and am proud to say that I work there.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits. Excellent staff. Always learning something new.

Cons

Work/life balance.

Been a long time since I worked here

It's been almost 20 years since I worked at the hospital but whene I did it was a fine job. I would be willing to go back as a security guard if I still had my security licence.

Pros

It is acctualy pretty quit on night shift

Cons

Somtimes members of the public are not in a good mood.

Competitive

What was required was not rewarded. A difficult role was hired for, the objectives, as requested were fulfilled. A competitive personnel environment.

Pros

Staff were fantastic and worked hard.

Cons

Leadership did not support team and called out people.

Hard working environment depending on department and position. Excellent pay and benefits. Long hours, high paced work, stressful but that is expected

A typical day involves reviewing schedules and daily duties based on your position. Meeting with team leads, supervisors, management and other personnel to relay information as events and situations arise quickly. Constant clear communication is paramount. Confidentiality, sensitivity, professionalism, collaboration and teamwork is exercised, accountability, adaptability, hands on environment, multi tasking, critical thinking, diversity must encompass the atmosphere. I love working with all staff and have built relationships. Hardest part of the job is to act quickly to constant change and this is why communication is key. Workplace culture is highly professional, rigid with no errors.

Pros

Green shield benefits, good hourly wage, union, security, some advancement positions. Vacation days when acquired.

Cons

Long hours, very fast paced, hard to advance based on union seniority.

Bullying

There is a lot of bullying going on between staff members and upper management does nothing to stop it. They claim to have zero tolerance for it and yet it exists a lot more than they want the general public realize.

volunteering in sanatorium

it was good learning experience working in constraint environment keeping in view the confidentiality of the patients and sanatorium. It built a sense of empathy in me

Highly rewarding volunteer experience

Volunteering in the Child Life department has allowed me to enhance my communication skills and learn more about the unique needs of each child based on how being in the hospital impacts them.

Reliable work environment

The downfall is that most are hired either on contract or on part time basis. But the work I did as a clerk I enjoyed. I enjoyed building relationships with my co-workers in order to have a productive work environment.

Productive and engaging learning experience to reinforce my passion to help patients

I worked with a team of 3 people to complete the various tasks in the hospital such as guide patients to their appointment deliver important paperwork and drop handicap patients to their appointment and more. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with patients with a smile

Pros

Free coffee, flexible hours

Excellent

Love the work environment The staff the management Schedule career opportunities Independence of the ability to do all I can to bring patients and families to a better level

Challenging fast paced environment

Quick turn over of instrumentation for various surgeries Developed time management skills and teamwork. Management kept our team focused and organized

Rewarding job with great co workers

There is really not a typical day at work when you work in a Trauma Hospital you never know what may be coming in. I have leaned that critical thinking is very helpful when you have to prioritize tasks at hand.

Fast paced sink or swim work environment

Acute care trauma hospital trying to get the most out of inadequate funding and lack of resources. Fast paced and challenging work environment. A great place for career progression and professional development.

Good salary. Heavy workload

Good salary,excellent benefits and pension. Very heavy workload, always understaffed. Poorly managed. Very unorganized and little guidance on job requirements. Good workers get overused with no rewards for good work. Poor workers get same benefits. Physical load of job puts stress on body with high chance of injury over time.

Poor Work/Life Balance

Staff are treated poorly & expected to work early/afternoon/midnight shifts all in same week. 1 in 3 wkends off but end up working most. Hard to book entitled vacation time off. Even though employed as part time schedule F/T hrs but none of the perks. Except in winter time then left waiting by the phone. Never any parking. No where to keep personal belongings no where clean to eat meals and people are repeatedly getting food poisoning from the cafeteria

Great Learning Experience

Enjoyed my time working on 5N. Lots of learning opportunities and great team of nurses to learn from. Nice flow to the floor and management on this floor.

Overall excellent place to work

Recommend working here, but needs better recognition of support and administration workers, not just the nurses. The clerks and the other support staff do a lot of work, but there is only ever awards for clinical staff.

Very sufficient and organized operation

-prepare, maintain and reset operating rooms and scrub rooms for constant ongoing procedures and operations -stocked and prepare equipment and resources required for several different procedures and operations -assisted in maintain and preparing PACU area for patients and nurses -prepare chemicals properly for OR rooms with proper training in handling and storing the chemicals - trained and efficient in proper transport and disposal of biohazard chemical waste -maintained and restocked basic operating inventory for each procedure room - trained and qualified to perform OR tasks for 24/7 operations

busy and productive workplace-saving lives

I work with an RN, surgeon, and anaesthetist. I assist the surgeon with surgery. Work as a team. Be assertive, anticipate, and have good communication skills.

Pros

work with different people

Best place to work

Excellent working environment with cooperative staff. Provides good training and check knowledge by e-learning. Wonderful place to work without any cultural or religion biases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Regional Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement