Windsor Regional Hospital

Windsor Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada61 reviews
It's been almost 20 years since I worked at the hospital but whene I did it was a fine job. I would be willing to go back as a security guard if I still had my security licence.
Pros
It is acctualy pretty quit on night shift
Cons
Somtimes members of the public are not in a good mood.
What was required was not rewarded. A difficult role was hired for, the objectives, as requested were fulfilled. A competitive personnel environment.
Pros
Staff were fantastic and worked hard.
Cons
Leadership did not support team and called out people.
A typical day involves reviewing schedules and daily duties based on your position. Meeting with team leads, supervisors, management and other personnel to relay information as events and situations arise quickly. Constant clear communication is paramount. Confidentiality, sensitivity, professionalism, collaboration and teamwork is exercised, accountability, adaptability, hands on environment, multi tasking, critical thinking, diversity must encompass the atmosphere. I love working with all staff and have built relationships. Hardest part of the job is to act quickly to constant change and this is why communication is key. Workplace culture is highly professional, rigid with no errors.
Pros
Green shield benefits, good hourly wage, union, security, some advancement positions. Vacation days when acquired.
Cons
Long hours, very fast paced, hard to advance based on union seniority.
There is a lot of bullying going on between staff members and upper management does nothing to stop it. They claim to have zero tolerance for it and yet it exists a lot more than they want the general public realize.
it was good learning experience working in constraint environment keeping in view the confidentiality of the patients and sanatorium. It built a sense of empathy in me
Half of the day is battling cynicism and I am usually a very optimistic person. There is a clear delineation between front line management and upper management. Leadership, innovation, research and progression is all absent. The organization strives and awards poor performance and mediocrity. Despite having some of the poorest results in the province for years they still chose not to change anything. If they do decide to make a change it is not supported with empirical evidence or research. This is not a place that supports continuing education for their staff. There is a clear disregard for personal and professional development. Applying here would be career suicide.
Volunteering in the Child Life department has allowed me to enhance my communication skills and learn more about the unique needs of each child based on how being in the hospital impacts them.
The downfall is that most are hired either on contract or on part time basis. But the work I did as a clerk I enjoyed. I enjoyed building relationships with my co-workers in order to have a productive work environment.
I worked with a team of 3 people to complete the various tasks in the hospital such as guide patients to their appointment deliver important paperwork and drop handicap patients to their appointment and more. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with patients with a smile
Pros
Free coffee, flexible hours
Love the work environment
The staff the management

Schedule career opportunities

Independence of the ability to do all I can to bring patients and families to a better level
Quick turn over of instrumentation for various surgeries
Developed time management skills and teamwork.

Management kept our team focused and organized
There is really not a typical day at work when you work in a Trauma Hospital you never know what may be coming in. I have leaned that critical thinking is very helpful when you have to prioritize tasks at hand.
Acute care trauma hospital trying to get the most out of inadequate funding and lack of resources. Fast paced and challenging work environment. A great place for career progression and professional development.
Good salary,excellent benefits and pension. Very heavy workload, always understaffed. Poorly managed. Very unorganized and little guidance on job requirements. Good workers get overused with no rewards for good work. Poor workers get same benefits. Physical load of job puts stress on body with high chance of injury over time.
Staff are treated poorly & expected to work early/afternoon/midnight shifts all in same week. 1 in 3 wkends off but end up working most. Hard to book entitled vacation time off. Even though employed as part time schedule F/T hrs but none of the perks. Except in winter time then left waiting by the phone. Never any parking. No where to keep personal belongings no where clean to eat meals and people are repeatedly getting food poisoning from the cafeteria
Enjoyed my time working on 5N. Lots of learning opportunities and great team of nurses to learn from. Nice flow to the floor and management on this floor.
Recommend working here, but needs better recognition of support and administration workers, not just the nurses. The clerks and the other support staff do a lot of work, but there is only ever awards for clinical staff.
-prepare, maintain and reset operating rooms and scrub rooms for constant ongoing procedures and operations

-stocked and prepare equipment and resources required for several different procedures and operations

-assisted in maintain and preparing PACU area for patients and nurses

-prepare chemicals properly for OR rooms with proper training in handling and storing the chemicals

- trained and efficient in proper transport and disposal of biohazard chemical waste

-maintained and restocked basic operating inventory for each procedure room

- trained and qualified to perform OR tasks for 24/7 operations
I work with an RN, surgeon, and anaesthetist. I assist the surgeon with surgery. Work as a team. Be assertive, anticipate, and have good communication skills.
Pros
work with different people
Cons
Excellent working environment with cooperative staff. Provides good training and check knowledge by e-learning. Wonderful place to work without any cultural or religion biases.
Job has good work life balance, but difficult to get a permanent job; stayed on contract for 2.5 years. Job lacks the stability that i was seeking, that other places offer.
Cons
contract jobs forever