Windsor Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Very sufficient and organized operation
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON29 April 2019
-prepare, maintain and reset operating rooms and scrub rooms for constant ongoing procedures and operations

-stocked and prepare equipment and resources required for several different procedures and operations

-assisted in maintain and preparing PACU area for patients and nurses

-prepare chemicals properly for OR rooms with proper training in handling and storing the chemicals

- trained and efficient in proper transport and disposal of biohazard chemical waste

-maintained and restocked basic operating inventory for each procedure room

- trained and qualified to perform OR tasks for 24/7 operations
busy and productive workplace-saving lives
Registered Practical Nurse (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 April 2019
I work with an RN, surgeon, and anaesthetist. I assist the surgeon with surgery. Work as a team. Be assertive, anticipate, and have good communication skills.
Pros
work with different people
Best place to work
Diagnostic clerk (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2019
Excellent working environment with cooperative staff. Provides good training and check knowledge by e-learning. Wonderful place to work without any cultural or religion biases.
good
Radiation Therapist - MRT(T) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON27 January 2019
Job has good work life balance, but difficult to get a permanent job; stayed on contract for 2.5 years. Job lacks the stability that i was seeking, that other places offer.
Cons
contract jobs forever
ER physician
Consultant Emergency physician (Current Employee) –  Windors, Ontario Canada20 January 2019
ER physician and trauma team leader in Windsor Regional hospital.

WRH: is a tertiary center and it is the Trauma, cardiac and stroke center for south east Ontario. Also it is the 3rd highest acuity patients seen in the ER in Ontario Canada. We receive daily between 50-60 ambulance.
Aweful place to work. Workplace bullying
Registered Nurse - Family Birthing Center (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 November 2018
You are just a number that can be easily replaced. Picking up lots of shifts and getting lots of above and beyonds with great patient and family satisfaction doesn’t seem to matter for WRH.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Management bullying
Worst place I've ever worked
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 September 2018
Hate this job more than any job I've ever had. Fellow employees are what keeps me there. The management sucks, i was sexually harassed and bullied. I told a head manager and she brushed it off like it was nothing. The hospital is all about no harassment no bullying, etc.. unless it comes to being an employee there. dont work for wrh.
Pros
above average pay
Cons
short hours in the winter, poor management
Great place to learn as a clinical student
Student Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 August 2018
staff is very accommodating and helpful, work is usually either very intense depending on the day or more mild based on patient conditions. I have learned a lot as a clinical student and would not hesitate to work there if an opportunity arises.
great place
Windsor Regional Hospital Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 July 2018
Great place to volunteer with friendly staff and a safe work environment. Truly a great place to give back to your community and benefit yourself as well.
Pros
Free Lunch and flexible times
great place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CA2 June 2018
I enjoy my job very much. Very rewarding and I work with a great team. Everyone from Doctors, nurses, porters, housekeeping.
A typical day at work consists of taking care of patients having surgery.
Not a bad place to work as long as you have thick skin!
Don't care to share (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 April 2018
Short staffed and over worked. Bullying, harassment and intimidation is rampant from management towards staff. Each year the CEO gets a raise equivalent to an employees annual income yet fights not to give staff anything. If you are strong willed and have a backbone then you will be alright here.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Poisonous environment
This was my location for my practicum
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 March 2018
I had a great experience during my stay and learned various things about the health records department, coding and abstracting, decision support, data analysis and many other things.
summer student supervisor
summer student supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 February 2018
I learnt a lot in this position of summer student supervisor. I had an opportunity to see the management side of this position. part of my duty was to manage tasks for the housekeeping department with people with different temperaments and requirements, it was challenging but a great learning experience
Fast paced yet extremely rewarding place of employment.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Windsor ON12 October 2017
Working at Met was my first job as an RN. It was an extremely rewarding job as I enjoyed working with oncology patients and their families. I have learned life long skills at this place of employment that I will carry throughout my entire nursing career.
Pros
Rewarding
productive and friendly with jim
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 October 2017
I wa sin WRH as a clinical student. The work environment was friendly and my clinical instructors were very co-operative. I had hands on training in microbiology, chemistry, hematology, blood banking and histology. I was also trained in phlebotomy.
Pros
friendly environment
Good place to volunteer
Cashier for gift shop (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 September 2017
I volunteered here at the gift shop and it's a good place. Volunteer coordinators are nice and friendly people. I would highly recommend other people to volunteer.
Volunteer at the cataract clinic
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 August 2017
I have been an active member of the Windsor regional Hospital community since I was 16. I find that it is a great opportunity to give back to the community. the staff members are kind and always willing to help
Productive workplace
Housekeeping and Materials Management departments (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 June 2017
Typical day workload depended on the day
Learned about HAIs and their importance
Management was OK overall
Workplace culture was very "clicky"
Enjoyed helping patients and meeting new people
Stressful, under-staffed work place
Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2017
Can be stressful in a ICU environment, great supportive staff though.
Need an increase in number of staff members to better support the sick patient population we are caring for.
A productive and very nice work place
Pharmacist Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
Working at Windsor Regional hospital was great.
A typical day at the pharmacy was counting pills and filling prescriptions. I have learned a lot from the people I worked with and they were absolutely the best teachers.
I loved that I got to be independent and the they trusted me. There was not anything hard about this job, just simply had to pay attention to detail.