Windsor Plywood

Windsor Plywood Employee Reviews

Windsor Plywood always has work to be done and the days went by quick

Featured review

Windsor Plywood selected this as a representative review
Working at Windsorm Plywood was awesome. There was always orders to be filled and to get ready and placed somewhere in the yard for easy access for pick ups. Some days it was busy some days it was easy. I met some good people working at Winsor everyone was nice. I would work at Windsor again if I still lived in Winnipeg.

Not for the ambitious

Low expectations and lack of leadership was frustrating. No room for advancement. The job is no pressure and outright boring at times. Most of the staff is lovely.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Dead end job

Poorly managed company

Working at head office for many years, I have seen the unfortunate decline at Windsor Plywood. Once a fun and dynamic place to work, the many missteps by ownership and management have turned it into a dysfunctional workplace. The managers lack basic leadership skills and don’t like change. Low wages and a general lack of appreciation of the employees has led to high turnover in recent years. I would not recommend working here anymore. Very sad.

Pros

Steady work

Cons

Not a progressive workplace, low wages, low morale and gossiping, outdated management

Great job security, good people, not to progressive

A good company if you like to show up, do your work and go home. Works great for families. Hardly any overtime. Not too progressive, but the people are friendly.

Pros

BBQs

Room for improvements

There is Lots you can take away from working here, especially if your looking to become a carpenter! Windsor is a unique store, and has many niche products. Great for consumers and better for contacts looking to take advantage of there delivery process! Would not recommend as for full time employment! Outrages amount of responsible is put on employees at a non competitive rate! The pay structure is very askew and expect empty promises. Structurally speaking there is virtually no management at times can be good but for the most part i felt it hurt the culture of the company! It is up to the employee to figure out what tasks are to be completed! Expect to miss coffees and lunches as its consistently a bare bones crew. Staff is mostly friendly and can be helpful in most areas beside any tasks you'd be required to do! Peers are very friendly and take a real interest in your life and make the job much more bearable. That being said you'll be looked down upon and treated poorly for miss-happenings that occur weather it be your fault or others! Id recommended this for a student or summer job! if your looking for full time work id recommend this as last resort if possible! However be warned for a min wage job there is a robust amount more opportunity out that is much more reasonable structured! Current employees look overly miserable and/or given up on trying!

waste of time

Low wages. manager in warehouse thinks he is funny but really a bully. he just sits on computer all day and makes fun of us. Workers not happy so makes for long day.

Pros

4 day shifts

Cons

bad pay and bullying

Short employment

They were very quick to get rid of me once things slowed down. Was hired on in a busy time, let go before my three months were up when it was apparent that they could do wkthout me.

Pros

Casual

Cons

No training

Head office Dead end job Cog in a wheel

Head office advertising dept. No bonuses /raises/advancement. Management is poor Department budget wasted. No one listens.No one cares. Deadend job.

No where job

Working at head office is a no where job with low pay, no bonuses or raises, expensive benefits with low coverage. no advancement or recognition for good work. No team work or cooperation. You never know where you stand and the management is very weak and does not manage people. There is favouritism and blindness to issues and questionable behaviours. No communication or even disbursement of tasks. Lack of ability to keep employees. Staff turn overs occur often. Managers are not supportive and are not Leaders. Poor management of budgets, with wastefulness and poor decisions being made. No future in a dead end job.

Hard work and lots of it!

Get yard ready for customers , organize products and clean up all areas for easy access to products. Help customers find what they need , cut special orders , load/unload product from trucks , deliver goods to customers . Hardest part - delivering drywall. Best - dealing with customers.

Extremely professional and exciting work environment.

Personnel including management were fantastic to work for and with, Your ideas and suggestions were always accepted and taken seriously to help improve the customer experience.

Toxic environment

Poor starting wages. Benifit package is forced on us and we have to pay for all of it. Toxic environment. Management could care less about the blue collar workers.

Pros

Cons

Toxic environment

Toxic environment

Poor pay, no benefits (we're forced to pay our own) no pension. Room for advancement is nil. They always seem to hire outside and not within. Management shows no respect to the blue collar workers.

Cons

Management, pay, environment

Great place to work and great people

Windsor plywood Is one of the best places I have worked. Great staff and great management/owners. The work to life balance was excellent with Sunday’s off and the hours were never too long.

Easygoing overall great workplace

Learned about wood working. The people I work with are awesome. Overall great experience working here. Always friendly people. Lots of returning customers. You build lots of friendships with customers. Like a family there.

Pros

great group of people

Cons

Lots of grumpy customers

Not good, not entirely bad.

When it is busy it is good, but when the business is slow, there is an expectation for you to "find something to do" when there are no clear tasks. Very minimal training provided for the job. If you like heavy lifting and working in a yard it is okay.

A good place to work

I enjoyed it there very much. It could be a very hectic day, there was always something going on. I enjoyed working with the customers to help them with their projects and needs.

ho hum job

Found myself busy most days but not involved in any decision making, creative aspects of work etc. Company on a plateau. Management is stagnant, don't know how to lead and not forward thinking. Employee recognition and appreciation is an absolute joke. Raises maybe every couple years to cover cost of living.Benefits were whittled down over the years. Just go there, do your work and leave. Not an inspiring workplace at all therefore there is high turnover.

Pros

steady work

Cons

lack of employee appreciation/recognition, high turnover of employees, managers don't know how to manage people

Great work place, poor management.

I loved working with the customers, but the management made the days super long. I was counting down my days of work at the end of my stay. I really wish I had found other work sooner.

Great Job but Snaky management

loved working here and learning about all the types of wood staff was usually pretty fun stressful job for the pay management not very good at providing staff information needed for the job

best experiance of my adult career portfolio

Amazing place to work, great management, tons of room for advancement, customer service and buying groups is the key to this companies success. i worked for this company for 17 years and loved almost every day

Pros

famialy flexable, great benifits, quick premotions, salary sharing, management, co-workers

Cons

low starting wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Plywood. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement