Windsor Plywood

Windsor Plywood Employee Reviews

Featured review
Windsor Plywood selected this as a representative review
Working at Windsorm Plywood was awesome. There was always orders to be filled and to get ready and placed somewhere in the yard for easy access for pick ups. Some days it was busy some days it was easy. I met some good people working at Winsor everyone was nice. I would work at Windsor again if I still lived in Winnipeg.
A good company if you like to show up, do your work and go home. Works great for families. Hardly any overtime. Not too progressive, but the people are friendly.
Pros
BBQs
There is Lots you can take away from working here, especially if your looking to become a carpenter! Windsor is a unique store, and has many niche products. Great for consumers and better for contacts looking to take advantage of there delivery process! Would not recommend as for full time employment! Outrages amount of responsible is put on employees at a non competitive rate! The pay structure is very askew and expect empty promises. Structurally speaking there is virtually no management at times can be good but for the most part i felt it hurt the culture of the company! It is up to the employee to figure out what tasks are to be completed! Expect to miss coffees and lunches as its consistently a bare bones crew. Staff is mostly friendly and can be helpful in most areas beside any tasks you'd be required to do! Peers are very friendly and take a real interest in your life and make the job much more bearable. That being said you'll be looked down upon and treated poorly for miss-happenings that occur weather it be your fault or others! Id recommended this for a student or summer job! if your looking for full time work id recommend this as last resort if possible! However be warned for a min wage job there is a robust amount more opportunity out that is much more reasonable structured! Current employees look overly miserable and/or given up on trying!
Low wages. manager in warehouse thinks he is funny but really a bully. he just sits on computer all day and makes fun of us. Workers not happy so makes for long day.
Pros
4 day shifts
Cons
bad pay and bullying
They were very quick to get rid of me once things slowed down. Was hired on in a busy time, let go before my three months were up when it was apparent that they could do wkthout me.
Pros
Casual
Cons
No training
Head office advertising dept. No bonuses /raises/advancement. Management is poor Department budget wasted. No one listens.No one cares. Deadend job.
Working at head office is a no where job with low pay, no bonuses or raises, expensive benefits with low coverage. no advancement or recognition for good work. No team work or cooperation. You never know where you stand and the management is very weak and does not manage people. There is favouritism and blindness to issues and questionable behaviours. No communication or even disbursement of tasks. Lack of ability to keep employees. Staff turn overs occur often. Managers are not supportive and are not Leaders. Poor management of budgets, with wastefulness and poor decisions being made. No future in a dead end job.
Get yard ready for customers , organize products and clean up all areas for easy access to products. Help customers find what they need , cut special orders , load/unload product from trucks , deliver goods to customers . Hardest part - delivering drywall. Best - dealing with customers.
Personnel including management were fantastic to work for and with, Your ideas and suggestions were always accepted and taken seriously to help improve the customer experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Windsor Plywood?
Poor starting wages. Benifit package is forced on us and we have to pay for all of it. Toxic environment. Management could care less about the blue collar workers.
Pros
Cons
Toxic environment
Poor pay, no benefits (we're forced to pay our own) no pension. Room for advancement is nil. They always seem to hire outside and not within. Management shows no respect to the blue collar workers.
Cons
Management, pay, environment
Windsor plywood Is one of the best places I have worked. Great staff and great management/owners. The work to life balance was excellent with Sunday’s off and the hours were never too long.
Learned about wood working. The people I work with are awesome. Overall great experience working here. Always friendly people. Lots of returning customers. You build lots of friendships with customers. Like a family there.
Pros
great group of people
Cons
Lots of grumpy customers
When it is busy it is good, but when the business is slow, there is an expectation for you to "find something to do" when there are no clear tasks. Very minimal training provided for the job. If you like heavy lifting and working in a yard it is okay.
I enjoyed it there very much. It could be a very hectic day, there was always something going on. I enjoyed working with the customers to help them with their projects and needs.
Found myself busy most days but not involved in any decision making, creative aspects of work etc. Company on a plateau. Management is stagnant, don't know how to lead and not forward thinking. Employee recognition and appreciation is an absolute joke. Raises maybe every couple years to cover cost of living.Benefits were whittled down over the years. Just go there, do your work and leave. Not an inspiring workplace at all therefore there is high turnover.
Pros
steady work
Cons
lack of employee appreciation/recognition, high turnover of employees, managers don't know how to manage people
I loved working with the customers, but the management made the days super long. I was counting down my days of work at the end of my stay. I really wish I had found other work sooner.
loved working here and learning about all the types of wood staff was usually pretty fun stressful job for the pay management not very good at providing staff information needed for the job
Amazing place to work, great management, tons of room for advancement, customer service and buying groups is the key to this companies success. i worked for this company for 17 years and loved almost every day
Pros
famialy flexable, great benifits, quick premotions, salary sharing, management, co-workers
Cons
low starting wage.
there is no real future at this company there is no room for advancement no programs to incourage employee retention. wages are stagnant management is lack with safety and training and repair of equipment
Cons
no room for advancement
Good pay and benefits, but poor management. There 6 months with poor training, unhelpful front desk manager and co-workers unwilling to help show me what I was doing wrong.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Everything else
  1. Employee reviews