Windsor Pharmacy & Surgicals Employee Reviews

Run away!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NY5 May 2019
Truly a toxic environment. Once u come in you hear yelling from the managers, it’s truly sad how some employees are spoken to. There’s no growth here at all, you do your work and have to constantly pick up phones back to back yet looked down upon if the work is not done. Always understaffed, employees are always quitting and obviously for a reason. Managers are not approachable at all, especially the disrespectful always angry female who talks to employees like they are worthless. Managers are always talking negatively about their employees. Even heard these words come out of a managers mouth regarding a new employee “ let’s see how long she lasts” while laughing. The only way u get respected is if ur a total suck up.You are truly not cared about unless ur a manager or pharmacist. There’s no break room, the “ break room” is a little corner by the basement door with two chairs a mini fridge and a dirty microwave where the coats are also hung. You are also taught to lie to customers informing them the medication isn’t in stock when in fact they aren’t making money off it and rather have their local pharmacy take the loss. Also can’t use ur cellphone and written up if caught using it like you are a child. Of course there are absolutely no benefits. Please don’t waste your time with a horrible company such as this one, coming from someone who's seen it all it really is TOXIC and affects ur mental health. No one should deal with a toxic horrible work environment, there are plenty of other jobs out there that will pay the same, if your Ok with hearing negativity then go ahead but  more... there’s literally so many companies with amazing bosses so don’t waste ur time here. The employees there are not happy and the managers truly don’t care about you. They only care about making money. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DO NOT WORK IN THIS HORRIBLE PLACE!!  less
Pros
None at all
Official response from Windsor Pharmacy & Surgicals
6 May 2019

I am truly upset that an employee of Windsor Pharmacy feels like this - Please approach me privately, so I could speak to you about these concerns you have expressed.

Chaim

Look elsewhere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NY12 December 2017
As much as I thought this was a family pharmacy atmosphere it unfourtonatly isn’t. There are a lot of politics and favoritism going on that even if you work hard you might not advance because a particular manager doesn’t like you. I’ve witnessed management become unprofessional and demeaning towards multiple employees. Honestly it isn’t worth the stress or the pay or the feeling of being never good enough. At first it was great but it’s gone downhill the longer I’m here since I see more and more of the unfairness. Talking off, calling in sick, vacation, sick days and sick calls for children are always negatively viewed. I thought they understood when I needed to call out (hospitalized) but later on find out the manager openly criticized me to other employees. Wish they were as advertised... family pharmacy.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Management, stress, pay, vacation/sick days
Pretty Good Job
CSR/Cashier/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NY8 November 2017
Working here was great. I was able to learn a lot about working in a pharmacy. They had me do different roles and I learned a lot about how each department works. I worked in customer service, shipping and cashier. I had to go back to school so I couldn't stay. Would love to come back next year. Fast pace and busy so you won't fall asleep and time goes by fast. Pay was good.
Pros
pay
Cons
short breaks
Good Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NY1 November 2017
I had no knowledge of anything in pharmacy until I got a job here. Managers are willing to teach you everything they can. You end up leaving with very valuable skills that you can take anywhere. I would have love to become management but unfortunately, I had to move and was nowhere near the pharmacy to get to work and back. Would work back there again if I had the chance. Pay was ok. You can get a raise if you ask for it as long as you show your job performance was great. We sometimes get free breakfast or lunch and we always have free water at work. Wasn't here long enough to get benefits.
Pros
Free Food and Water
Cons
Customers were rude
horrible
Cashier/Stock/ shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NY22 August 2017
this company is the worst. they never respected their workers at all. it was favoritism like no tomorrow. they didn't care aBOUT your personal life at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Pharmacy & Surgicals. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5