Windsor Essex Community Housing Corporation

Windsor Essex Community Housing Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada2 reviews
Through previous work and volunteer experiences, I learnt skills like team leaderships, time management, communication and analytical thinking.
As a recent graduate, I am eager to learn and explore different horizons. For me, a typical day at work is where I challenge myself to tasks that I previously have not performed which I believe will enable me to think in a different way and come up with suitable solutions to the problem. I was given the opportunity to work on different projects which helped me develop project management skills. Moreover, I enhanced my communication, time management, and team leadership skills. On a regular basis, I used to assist in developing procurement documents and change orders.

During construction, I managed the work being performed by the contractors through regular site visits and ensured the contractors were meeting all the deadlines outlined in the project schedule. At the end of the work, I would walk the site to check for deficiencies before payment was processed to ensure compliance.

Due to the nature of the job, I used to face difficult situations but one of the hardest projects I worked on was about the Designated Substances. The removal and abatement was an unknown topic for me and in order to the ensure the project was done right, I had to prepare and research quite a bit. However, this was something I liked too since it helped me explore my abilities and exposed me to a different world.
Pros
Working on several different projects within the same day.
Cons
Deal with tenants late at night.
Valuable learning curve
People were willing to assist in my learning opportunity. Enjoyable place to work.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Essex Community Housing Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5