Windsor Essex Community Health Centre Employee Review

View all Windsor Essex Community Health Centre reviews

All the staff members, whether a doctor or a medical secretary, all treated each other as equals which made the work place enjoyable.
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2016
Being placed in a primary care setting was a great opportunity as it permitted me to see what steps take place, to prevent admittance, before admittance or after discharge to the hospital. Being apart of these stages permitted me to see the various tests, and the range of the result that would consider a individual at risk, or needing to be sent to the emergency at this time. I was also able to explore skills that I was not given the opportunity to in an acute care setting such as a hospital. Being placed in a primary care setting I was able to take vitals and do a general assessment on patients with various diagnoses.

At this placement, I learned how to prioritize care and time manage. All my co-workers were treated respectfully and as equals from one another. That really set the tone of the organization as it made my time there an enjoyable one!

The hardest part of my job was spending little time with the patients as the providers needed to do their assessments. However the most enjoyable part of the job was forming nurse-client relationships with the patients as they would return weeks later, as the WECHC is a primary care setting.
Pros
Making nurse-client relationships.
Cons
Spending little time with the patients for assessments.

Other Windsor Essex Community Health Centre Employee Reviews

Amazing program
Chronic Disease Management (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 January 2017
This centre gives back in more ways than one that is for sure! They constantly make the community a better and safer place for everyone and all disabilities and health related concerns.
Amazing staff dedicated to helping people
Program Assistant, Chronic Disease Self Management (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 August 2015
Never before have I worked with a group of people who are so dedicated to helping people. More red tape than I'm used to but standard for a government funded organization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Windsor Essex Community Health Centre. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2