Windermere Golf and Country Club

Windermere Golf and Country Club Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2020
the management here is horrible. I was told on numerous occasions that I didn't look "windermere approved". i didn't make nearly as many tips as I would hop averaged 70$ a day where at a public course I made min 150$. members are awesome!!
Fun fast passed
Server/Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2019
Server???????????
If you have worked in the industry then you know what its about fast passed fun at time also stressful
Can be some late nights/early mornings after events
Great to work outdoors
Beverage Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2019
Windmere Golf and Country Club gave me the chance to work outdoors during the summer while on the beverage cart. This job gave me the opportunity to meet and interact with members, as well as grow my hospitality skills.
Best Place Ive Ever Worked
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2018
Management was amazing. They were understanding and very warm and welcoming. By far the best establishment I have ever worked at and would recommend to anyone. Salary wasn't what I was hoping for but was applicable for the job position.
Pros
Amazing Management
Cons
Seasonal Position
Great workplace
Outside Services (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2018
Incredible experience and very valuable. Learned a lot about human relations and providing the best possible service. Great place to be an employee in Edmonton.
amazing place to work with awesome friendly staff
Bartender and Waitress (Current Employee) –  Muskoka, ON18 September 2018
I was hired this past June and worked the summer as a server, bartender, bev cart girl, and halfway hut.
- The hours are great, and management if super flexible with scheduling.
- The serving team is small but large enough to get shifts covered if needed. Having a small serving team is almost ideal because its easier to work with a small team that is able to work cohesively rather than a clustered mess of employees which i have had in the past.
- I absolutely loved going to work every single day and am sad that the golf season is ending soon.
- I had already had basic bartending knowledge, but i am leaving being a highly trained bartender in beer, wine, liquor and some handcrafted cocktail knowledge.
-The workplace culture is amazing because its like a mini family.
- The hardest part of the job is probably trying to find a member on the golf course to drop off beer but being unable to find them; and honestly its not even that bad. A lot of the members are very understanding and are happy whenever they see you coming around the corner whether it be on the bev cart or in the dining room.
- The most enjoyable part of the job would be working events, such as weddings, wing night on fridays, anniversarys, member dinners or bridge night.
- To follow another enjoyable part of the job is that the Chef for the golf club is really nice and always has something cool to talk about so you know your never gonna be bored at work.
I highly recommend working here and maybe we'll meet in summer 2019!
Pros
50% off menu meals, 15% automatic gratuity on all food and beverage
It was enjoyable
Member service expectations and member requests (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2018
During the time I worked at Windemere Golf and Country Club I had fun and was treated well. The management were nice and very understanding. Training was easy to grasp but also not too slow.
Pros
Work outside
Cons
Lots of mosquitoes
Amazing place
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Windermere, ON8 March 2018
I grew up with the owners and staff so the atmosphere is really great. Wing night gets a little crazy but the regulars (locals) make it all better. Learn the members names you can make some great connections at this job! Insider tip volunteer to work the hut. There's no wifi and a little slow but that's where you get the best tips.
Pros
Free golf, great people
Cons
early morings/late nights
Great Place to work!!
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Windermere, ON17 January 2018
Although the pay was not the greatest and I had to travel over 60km to work one way, I really enjoyed the work environment and the employees there!!!!
Great culture and crew
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 September 2017
It was great to work outside in the fresh air. It was nice and peaceful in the mornings when you would see the wildlife roaming about. The work is physical but enjoyable and usually group based. When I worked there the culture was great and welcoming.
Fun Summer Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 May 2017
A great summer job for students, good tips and it's a lot of fun getting to know the members. The perks are great, with free golf for you and your friends. Sometimes have to work pretty late. Early mornings are also expected.
Good summer job for students
Greenskeeper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
Easy going golf course, everyone enjoys themselves. The best summer job you could have. You start early in the morning but get off by 1 or 2 everyday.
Pros
Free golf, discount at the pro shop, discount on food while working
Cons
Work in almost every condition
Fun Job to have for the summer
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2017
Worked here as a member of the Members Services team. The multiple different tasks required during the day made it a fun job to be a part of and made each day interesting
Pros
Discounts off Food/Drink and Equipment
Cons
Very Early Mornings
A fun place to work
Member Services/Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2017
For anyone looking for seasonal work this is an excellent choice. The management have created an enjoyable work atmosphere and the staff they hire usually makes for a good time at work.
outdoor work
Grounds crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2016
This was a good place for me to gain some work experience as a teenager. I enjoyed learning to drive the machines and work on the greens. As a bonus i got to learn how to golf.
Nice summer job for students
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windermere, ON26 October 2015
A fun place to work for the summer. Live at your cottage for the summer? Perfect. Wing nights are a little crazy, must be a strong team player, and be able to handle stress well.
Pros
Free golf rounds, ten mins from the beach, 50% off all food
Cons
long hours, stressful times, no weekends off
Fun and interactive workplace
Beer Cart (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 January 2015
Windermere Golf Course was a good place to work. The people that run the club are very passionate and respectful people.